- - - - -

Looking Out Of My Mechs Earhole....

11 replies to this topic

#1 William Slayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 375 posts
  • LocationSchools out at the Coventry Academy...

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:49 AM

While on Terra Therma the other day I came across a few lads who took exception to my presence...

There were at least three or four of them, but couldn't tell you what weapons they were using. Suddenly my mech was rocked so hard I was literally not looking out of the front glass anymore, but looking at my avatars feet! Next thing I know I'm spectating... WHAT HIT ME?

Was it a specific weapon? A large amount of damage happening all at once? I'm not mad per se, just really curious as to how it happened. It's an awesome tactic to keep the enemy off balance and I'm pleased it 's a part of the game, but just not sure how it's achieved?

#2 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:52 AM

ac/20 is the largest bump you can feel in the game, but other ballistics and missles do lesser jiggles. if you ran into a group like that they prolly called you as target and hit you with a bunch of those guns all at once.

#3 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:52 AM

Of mech weapons, big guns (AC10, AC20) and LRMs tend to shake you the most. If you saw multiple big explosions around you, that would be an artillery (wide spread) or air (clean line) strike. The strikes are preceeded by a red smoke marker -- suggesting you run away ASAP.

#4 Bhelogan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 328 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:16 PM

Air or Arty strike maybe?

#5 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:33 PM

View PostBhelogan, on 21 February 2014 - 12:16 PM, said:

Air or Arty strike maybe?

Definitely.

#6 bayoucowboy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 186 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:02 AM

Without being able to identify the mechs, you most likely were hit by either: 1) Focused fire from all 3-4 of the mechs, 2) Boom Jager (double AC20's) - 40 damage pinpoint, or 3) a competition meta build (usually a Highlander or Victor with a combination of AC20, Gauss Rifle, and 2 Large Lasers) - 33 to 38 damage. All of the above will chew through your mech's armor quickly.

#7 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:10 AM

I took a direct hit the other day in Snow map by I9 by an arty strike or precision airstrike , damb ****** landed true and munched half my Protector Mech took a whole side torso on what was a pristine mech I was impressed by the hit for sure 07

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:11 AM

If you ever get hit by 6 AC/20s at once, you'll know it.

Never done a vertical 720 in a cockpit before. Quite disturbing. (That's to essentially somersault twice in the cockpit.)

#9 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:37 PM

Artillery or air strike consumable module, and it sounds like at least one was a direct hit to something lethal. A direct hit from arty to the head is a 40-point, one-shot kill...though that's random.

#10 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:07 PM

If you were in a light mech, an Air strike or Artillery strike is definitely a likely choice. Ive seen well placed strikes kill light mechs from 100% armour.

#11 William Slayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 375 posts
  • LocationSchools out at the Coventry Academy...

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:15 AM

Thanks a bunch for the reply's guys. I hope to be able to dish some of that out myself in the future! See you on the field.

#12 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:23 PM

Arty/airstrikes can send you for a loop, (I've been practically upside down in a strike). That's probably what happened.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users