6 replies to this topic

#1 5LeafClover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 317 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:54 PM

I have some questions on getting elite skills:

1. Do you need 3 different variants, or is it possible with 3 the same?
2. Do CN9-A and CN9-A(C) count as different varients for the purposes of elite skills?
3. I'm having a hard time choosing which chassis to go for first. For some, I'm put off by being forced to buy the expensive variant. I currently have in my mechbay:

CN9-A
CDA-3M
CPLT-K2
ON1-K

What do people reckon? One of these or buy a 5th different chassis?

I know the cicada is by far my cheapest option, but I don't have much love for it. I basically bought it for the ECM and I don't think it will benefit the most from manouverability upgrades from 2xBasic.

#2 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:09 PM

View Post5LeafClover, on 21 February 2014 - 02:54 PM, said:

I have some questions on getting elite skills:

1. Do you need 3 different variants, or is it possible with 3 the same?
2. Do CN9-A and CN9-A© count as different varients for the purposes of elite skills?
3. I'm having a hard time choosing which chassis to go for first. For some, I'm put off by being forced to buy the expensive variant. I currently have in my mechbay:

CN9-A
CDA-3M
CPLT-K2
ON1-K

What do people reckon? One of these or buy a 5th different chassis?

I know the cicada is by far my cheapest option, but I don't have much love for it. I basically bought it for the ECM and I don't think it will benefit the most from manouverability upgrades from 2xBasic.

1. Has to be three different
2. Champions are the same for this purpose (so you'd need a CN9-AL and CN9-D, for instance)
3. I strongly suggest you pick whichever of those you like best and get two more. The difference in "double basics" once you finish elite is huge

#3 5LeafClover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 317 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:38 PM

Thanks.

So, in this instance, if I win a CN9-A(C) in the challenge would it be a good idea to strip my vanilla CN9-A and sell the chassis?

#4 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:50 PM

View Post5LeafClover, on 21 February 2014 - 03:38 PM, said:

Thanks.

So, in this instance, if I win a CN9-A© in the challenge would it be a good idea to strip my vanilla CN9-A and sell the chassis?

That is exactly my plan, so, yeah, I think so. :huh:

#5 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:13 PM

View Post5LeafClover, on 21 February 2014 - 03:38 PM, said:

So, in this instance, if I win a CN9-A© in the challenge would it be a good idea to strip my vanilla CN9-A and sell the chassis?

View PostTerciel1976, on 21 February 2014 - 03:50 PM, said:

That is exactly my plan, so, yeah, I think so. :huh:

Unless for whatever reason you want to CN9-A mechs. B)

Debating whether to sell my -A if I get around to completing the challenge... or even starting it for that matter... :wub:
Lotta history in that machine (first one I bought - back when Hunchbacks were the go-to mediums)

#6 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:35 PM

I used to think that winning the daily matches (one with CN9-A and one with CN9-A(C)) would result in getting a faster way of grinding, but I found that that is not the case, and therefore winning with CN9-A(C) is more valuable MXP wise. Thought I'd just share that. :huh:

#7 bayoucowboy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 186 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:51 AM

If you are not planning on buying more mechbays, I would pick the chassis you have most fun with. I've found that around the time I finished elites on any chassis (including Locusts?!?), you will have finished your upgrades (double heat sinks, etc) and found a weapons/engine loadout that fits your play style or changed your play style to match the mech. I find that tinkering with your mechs is part of the fun of this game - but I enjoy they learning curve vs copying other people's builds. See you on the battlefield!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users