3 replies to this topic

#1 boxbox

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 61 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:12 PM

This is the thing that bothers me the most and makes me want to go read a book rather than play MWO. It launches like any other first person shooter. There is no dynamic. True camaraderie is lacking unless you join some group on some unofficial website. The games always turn into free-for-alls rather than strategy based attacks. Both teams have a base. Both teams are collecting resources etc... and why are there mixed factions fighting on both sides? I think it should go like this:
When you start the game your in a control room; your mechs, skills and other resources are available to access but so are your faction members. You can see all the people from your faction who are online in a chat box. You could have a separate private chat box and a friends list or whatever. If your in a faction, when you click launch, you and the other members of you faction that are also ready will be put into battle against members of another faction. Your faction pays for your mech repairs/ammo and cbs for downed mechs or whatever. If your a merc you can see other factions preparing for war and can join whichever faction fighting on whatever planet. Maybe you get more cbs per kill but have to pay for your own repairs/ammo. It would be awesome to have more than 2 factions fighting over something on a single map?
To make it more realistic and more strategic based there should be separate agendas for each team. One team captures or destroys the base; The other defends it. Or one team collects resources while the other team tries to destroy them. A good free for all every now and again is ok too but not every time.

#2 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:16 PM

Community Warfare will add faction vs faction. Attack/Defend (and other asymmetrical) game modes are coming. Soon.....

#3 boxbox

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 61 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

Thanks. Sorry. I guess im just out of the loop.

#4 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:23 AM

I totally hear what the OP is saying. But ya the upcoming faction warfare will add alot to team work and so on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users