"hold Still So I Can Shoot Through You To Kill The Enemy"

38 replies to this topic

#1 Name115734

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:39 AM

Now that I actually care enough about MWO to post my first troll after 9 months of not playing, here we go. Read it or not, I really don't care, check my name for reference.

Friendly damage in this game is still WAY out of control. For a "simulation" of battle it is absolutely unacceptable, so here is how to fix it.

Every point of damage done to a friendly is deducted from the total damage the player has done during the battle. Display this on the summary screen in brackets i.e. Damage 300(-75).

Along with that add a Team Damage Repair penalty of 1000 cbills per point and an xp deduction per point.

Is this harsh, damned right, and it should be! Do you think in the military or any paramilitary organization that "friendly fire" is simply ignored? It happens, but usually followed up with inquiries, court martials and VERY stiff penalties in the case of neglect or willful cause.

So that is how PGI will fix it, this is how you MAKE PGI fix it. In every battle after you have won, but there is one opponent left, gimp the last enemy, then TK every freindly still alive. If everyone did this you would see the SCREAMS of complaints to PGI and something would actually get done.

Edited by No Remorse, 22 February 2014 - 05:42 AM.

#2 Viperion

• PipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 75 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:36 AM

I totally agree. It should be a harsh penalty either as cbill tax or xp penalty due your senseless aiming and lack of controll of ye triggerfinger.

This game needs to have some "minor" consequenses. Friendly fire is a major consern for most pugs.

#3 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:39 AM

I agree as well. FF needs to be removed or stiff penalties must be brought in to discourage even damaging friendlies.

-10,000 for damaging friendlies for more than 10 dmg in a match/50 dmg?

-100,000cb for teamkilling and doing moe than 100 dmg to friendlies in a match.

if the penalty isnt enough no one will care.

#4 Moromillas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationSecret **** moon base

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:06 AM

No, that's a very bad idea. (The "lets TK" part.)

I recommend that players DON'T go around and TK in a premeditated fashion just to "force a change."

The only thing that happens when players do that, is one day, they find out that their login information simply doesn't work anymore.

Edited by Moromillas, 22 February 2014 - 07:09 AM.

#5 Name115734

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:34 AM

Sorry dude, no one has a right to complain about anything unless they are willing to force the change, Life 101.

Complaining for 2 years about this to PGI has done NOTHING, guess what complainging will continue to do NOTHING. PGI understands one thing only MASS whining and belly aching, they have proven this time and time again.

Frankly, if you are not wiilling to put your FREE account on the line to get PGI to make beneficial changes to the game, you are part of the problem, not the solution.

#6 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:44 AM

What you don't see is Pre mades complaining about this! :)

#7 Name115734

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:49 AM

I always play in premades, always. It still happens, with other members shooting through the back to get the the enemy, inadvertently or otherwise.

#8 Moromillas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:43 AM

View PostNo Remorse, on 22 February 2014 - 07:34 AM, said:

Sorry dude, no one has a right to complain about anything unless they are willing to force the change, Life 101.

Complaining for 2 years about this to PGI has done NOTHING, guess what complainging will continue to do NOTHING. PGI understands one thing only MASS whining and belly aching, they have proven this time and time again.

Frankly, if you are not wiilling to put your FREE account on the line to get PGI to make beneficial changes to the game, you are part of the problem, not the solution.

No, it's not just incredibly juvenile, but also stupid and fruitless. Anyone that starts TK'ing as a form of "protest" will simply be banned, that's the only thing it will accomplish. You, or anyone else foolish enough to do this won't be viewed as a customer anymore, but instead be viewed as a griefer that is souring the entertainment of their customers.

Force the change? Part of the problem, not the solution? You sound like one of those rally types going on about the "corporate fat cats, man." Hello!? Back to reality! HELLO HELLO? We're not on a picket line, treat it like one and you will look stupid. It's a video game, a form of entertainment, which isn't mandatory OR a necessity. There isn't anyone (that I know of) on the dev team that is detrimentally affecting your life, they're just people making a video game.

#9 Name115734

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:09 AM

And you sound like someone who would rather sit and watch his house catch on fire rather than pick up a fire extinguisher and do something about it.

Edited by No Remorse, 22 February 2014 - 09:12 AM.

#10 Heavenly war

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUnited States, Michigan

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:15 AM

people have been walking in front of me so much more this month than any other time i've been playing this game. Don't expect me to stop whaling on someone just so you can slowly walk passed me or even stop and start attacking the person i was. It's like crossing a street in real life. LOOK BEFORE YOU WALK. plain and simple. i don't understand how that's so damn difficult.

#11 Name115734

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:20 AM

That is part of the problem too, it honestly is a two way issue. At least, they can mitigate it on the one side, but stupid will be stupid and that is a problem PGI can't do anything about :)

Edited by No Remorse, 22 February 2014 - 09:20 AM.

#12 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:48 AM

Reducing C-Bills for damaging teammates can work, not sure if reducing XP would be necessary though.

And rewarding for damage done should be tweaked some also. Efficiently taking out the enemy should be rewarded more, not stripping as much as possible to pad damage amounts.

#13 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:51 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 22 February 2014 - 07:44 AM, said:

What you don't see is Pre mades complaining about this! :)
gave up trying to reason it out on the forums. now pugs get a verbal warning, second offense and they get team killed.

#14 Moromillas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:23 AM

View PostNo Remorse, on 22 February 2014 - 09:09 AM, said:

And you sound like someone who would rather sit and watch his house catch on fire rather than pick up a fire extinguisher and do something about it.

View PostGeist Null, on 22 February 2014 - 09:51 AM, said:

gave up trying to reason it out on the forums. now pugs get a verbal warning, second offense and they get team killed.

I've reported several TK'ers in the past, and the exact same thing happens each and every time. A few days after the report and screenshot, you watch their profile on the forums, and soon you notice that they're not posting anymore, and that their last active date remains the same. If that's the route you gotta take to try and prove a point, then by all means, though I did warn.

#15 Name115734

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:33 AM

Moromillas, you accused me of being juvenile, then admit you tattle on people when they break your virtual self-replicating toy??? You must have a wonderful panoramic view from your house.

#16 Warrior UK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 142 posts
  • LocationUK South Coast (Sussex)

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:09 AM

I dont care if I TK, if your stupid enough not to see where you are going then pop you go, if I see laser fire coming from team mate at a target then my brain tells me not to walk in front of them but to go behind, its that simple. If you are stupid enough not to know this then its not my fault but yours, you are an even bigger plonker if you stop in front of me.

#17 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:43 AM

Most of the team damage I do goes to teammates that run into my shots. Why should I get fined just because they think its a brilliant idea to run through the firing path of a friendly 'Mech? Would they do it on a live firing range too?

#18 Name115734

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:48 AM

So you get target fixation and forget to practice combat awareness?

#19 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:04 PM

View PostNo Remorse, on 22 February 2014 - 11:48 AM, said:

So you get target fixation and forget to practice combat awareness?

Not 100% fair... but not wrong either.

View PostNo Remorse, on 22 February 2014 - 07:49 AM, said:

I always play in premades, always. It still happens, with other members shooting through the back to get the the enemy, inadvertently or otherwise.

Interesting... the majority of times we shoot one another its cause we have been drinking like fish and have gotten slappy. But we maintain only shooting at fellow Lawmen.

View PostGeist Null, on 22 February 2014 - 09:51 AM, said:

So my school of thought. Nice.

#20 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:05 PM

Friendly fire, isn't.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users