8 replies to this topic

#1 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,646 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:00 AM

I got to thinking that may be this could be done. With the gifting of `Mechs coming soon to a patch near the rest of us. Why can't we select a person in our group, and give them certain amount of c-bills as needed to purchase a certain `Mech? What ya think?

In the same manner as it is in EVE Online format.

#2 Daggett

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:08 AM

This only works in subscription based games like EVE where multiaccounting is no real issue.
But in a free game like MWO, gifting cbills would instantly lead to a bazillion multi-accounts which are created to farm the cadet bonus cbills for their main account.

And even without cadet bonus, afk-farming would become much more profitable.

Therefore we will most likely never see such a thing in MWO. :)

However gifting of MCs, Premium time, Hero mechs, colors and all other stuff which can only be bought with real money is no problem because multi-accounts can't generate such things.

Edited by Daggett, 22 February 2014 - 08:13 AM.

#3 Thanatos676

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 703 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:09 AM

Agree with Daggett, its not feasible in MWO..

#4 Death Mallet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:19 AM

Absolutely horrible idea.

#5 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:26 AM

View PostThanatos676, on 22 February 2014 - 08:09 AM, said:

Agree with Daggett, its not feasible in MWO..

View PostDeath Mallet, on 22 February 2014 - 08:19 AM, said:

Absolutely horrible idea.

If I have 4 Accounts (which I do) and am trying to grind money to give to myself... Why not just grind it on the account you want the money in?

Now As a Lawman If say DocBach needed 30K Cbills to buy a Shadow Hawk and as a fellow Lawman I have 6 Million C-bills sitting around, Why cant I give him some cash?

It's Cheating?
Really?

Then I have been cheating since Thanksgiving 2012. When I received Murphy's Tower, The computer I now play MW:O on. The Law bought me this computer so I could play the game properly. SO because SOME will abuse something ALL will be denied? You people depress me.

#6 Daggett

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:20 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 22 February 2014 - 08:26 AM, said:

If I have 4 Accounts (which I do) and am trying to grind money to give to myself... Why not just grind it on the account you want the money in?

Now As a Lawman If say DocBach needed 30K Cbills to buy a Shadow Hawk and as a fellow Lawman I have 6 Million C-bills sitting around, Why cant I give him some cash?

It's Cheating?
Really?

Then I have been cheating since Thanksgiving 2012. When I received Murphy's Tower, The computer I now play MW:O on. The Law bought me this computer so I could play the game properly. SO because SOME will abuse something ALL will be denied? You people depress me.

The act of giving something to your friends is of cause not cheating.
And playing 4 accounts is not cheating too when you actively use all 4 accounts. The benefits of 4x cadet bonus are even easily cancelled out because you need to buy modules and expensive engines multiple times.

But if you could give everything from your 3 other accounts to one 'main' account, they this is totally cheating the system.

Imagine Mr. Lazy who creates 50+ Accounts, farms the cadet bonus from each and gives this to his main account. If enough players would do this one main income (Premium Accounts) would be crippled and we all know what happens to games when they can't feed their devs anymore...

And NO ONE wants to give Mr. A-Hole a reason set up some old machines running multiple instances of MWO and infesting each and every match with AFK-farming mechs thus causing the game to die.

And i assure you this would definitely happen.

And speaking of Law: The Law often denies you from several things because others could abuse it. That's why we have laws in the first place. To protect us from being abused by others.

Edited by Daggett, 22 February 2014 - 09:23 AM.

#7 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,646 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:34 AM

well, it was worth a shot to talk about it.

#8 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:52 AM

Well, there could certain limits setup to prevent farming with alt accounts.

Interesting idea, if it can be protected from abuse.

#9 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:46 AM

View PostDaggett, on 22 February 2014 - 09:20 AM, said:

The act of giving something to your friends is of cause not cheating.
And playing 4 accounts is not cheating too when you actively use all 4 accounts. The benefits of 4x cadet bonus are even easily cancelled out because you need to buy modules and expensive engines multiple times.

But if you could give everything from your 3 other accounts to one 'main' account, they this is totally cheating the system.

Imagine Mr. Lazy who creates 50+ Accounts, farms the cadet bonus from each and gives this to his main account. If enough players would do this one main income (Premium Accounts) would be crippled and we all know what happens to games when they can't feed their devs anymore...

And NO ONE wants to give Mr. A-Hole a reason set up some old machines running multiple instances of MWO and infesting each and every match with AFK-farming mechs thus causing the game to die.

And i assure you this would definitely happen.

And speaking of Law: The Law often denies you from several things because others could abuse it. That's why we have laws in the first place. To protect us from being abused by others.

no not 'the law' As a rule set by the government, "The Law" as in the Corp I am in Murphy's Law. An easy mistake to make. :)

And yes, Taking the time to farm all that cash, would be bad, but I have to admit, it is just amazing to me that someone would waste all that time for pretend money!

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 22 February 2014 - 10:48 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users