Why I Am Quiting Mwo

11 replies to this topic

#1 Name113995

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:05 AM

So... I was unlocking new abilities for my mech ( speed tweak and fast fire ) unlocked speed tweak without problem but when I unlocked fast fire I noticed that my GXP is gone! I didn't notice that I dont have enought experience for fast fire so game used my GXP instead without any warning. I just got dialog box "would you like to unlock" and clicked yes. Allowing user to spend GXP without any warning is just... bad.

Oh and I had 8 days of premium time wich I didn't use and now they are magicaly gone...

And few other things like head hit boxes http://mwomercs.com/...headshot-story/

#2 RadioKies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 419 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:17 AM

The premium time is a bug, you still have it (but just not now :/), PGI said this in a topic somewhere on the forum.

As far as I know it shows you what pool XP/GXP it draws from.

+ Your issue about the head hitbox on the atlas is stupid. Just read what the other forum members have said.

Edited by RadioKies, 21 February 2014 - 04:21 AM.

#3 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:22 AM

View PostIvanMolnar, on 21 February 2014 - 04:05 AM, said:

So... I was unlocking new abilities for my mech ( speed tweak and fast fire ) unlocked speed tweak without problem but when I unlocked fast fire I noticed that my GXP is gone! I didn't notice that I dont have enought experience for fast fire so game used my GXP instead without any warning. I just got dialog box "would you like to unlock" and clicked yes. Allowing user to spend GXP without any warning is just... bad.

Oh and I had 8 days of premium time wich I didn't use and now they are magicaly gone...

RTFM - Read those friendly messages

I know, it's more comfortable to only click through the dialogs, but those dialogs are there for a reason. You can not blame others for your inability to not take notice of what is being told to you in the dialog boxes.

#4 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:37 AM

The dialogue box was the warning; it clearly marks what pool you want to draw points from. And this is why you collect GXP... to spend it when you run out of XP...

Perhaps you also want a warning box before you fire your weapon? "Warning: firing weapon may cause ammo depletion. Continue firing yes/no?".

Edited by The Great Unwashed, 21 February 2014 - 05:42 AM.

#5 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:52 AM

There's "reasons" why there's a sticker on the bottom of your toaster that detail that it's dangerous to use in the shower...

#6 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:16 AM

View PostDaZur, on 21 February 2014 - 05:52 AM, said:

There's "reasons" why there's a sticker on the bottom of your toaster that detail that it's dangerous to use in the shower...

There are also reasons why many people are injured every year because they brought a toaster into the shower... :)

#7 Hexenhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:23 AM

I wonder how many tests he failed because he couldn't read directions.

#8 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:29 AM

Posted Image

#9 o0Marduk0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:39 AM

When you have enough GXP/XP for an unlock you have to select from which pool you want to pay it. If you don't have enough XP or GXP, you can read in the dialog box from which pool you will pay the unlock.
In your case you could have read something like "use xxxx GXP to unlock".

Don't blame others than yourself if you don't care to read.

#10 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:50 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 21 February 2014 - 07:29 AM, said:

Posted Image

You know first hand there's people who given all the tools to make good decision, still can't manage to initiate a flipping sync drop... :D

Excuse me while I go ruin a wet-dream... :)

Edited by DaZur, 21 February 2014 - 07:50 AM.

#11 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:40 PM

I didn't pay attention. Didn't contact support. Didn't ask for help after I made a mistake so I thought it would be better to just post on the forums explaining why I'm so angry and why I'm leaving (because I'm obviously looking for attention and didn't get enough hugs as a child or apparently learn to read instructions) so everyone could know who bad this game and PGI are.

FTFY

Why no one cares would have been a better thread title just FYI. I'd write a more robust and well-defined reply explaining and giving you helpful tips but judging from your post you wouldn't other reading and comprehending it anyhow

#12 Neil Diamond

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 167 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:21 AM

So you choose to blame PGI instead of yourself clicking the incorrect buttons, thus approving said GXP being used?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users