Low Fps, Decent Machine - Any Suggestions?

47 replies to this topic

#41 DeathlyEyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • 940 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMetaphorical Island somewhere in the Pacific

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:25 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3371858

Basically every other "core" in an fx processor is just an integer unit. It doesn't have an FPU unit which MWO heavily uses. Any FPU calculations executed on the second core likely take longer because they have to be resent to the first core to be handled. You can use task manager and set affinity to every other core, 0,2,4,6. Other issues have to deal with scaleform and I have been working on some tweaks to deal with that. This is what I managed to do to my user.cfg

Spoiler

#42 Sorpin

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:41 AM

This thread is awesome! I got 10 more frames :ph34r:

#43 Kh0rn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:08 AM

I noticed disabling the hud shift+f11 gained me a wopping 20 more frames they were right the hud is fps hungry.

#44 DeathlyEyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • 940 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationMetaphorical Island somewhere in the Pacific

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:31 AM

View PostKh0rn, on 17 May 2014 - 03:08 AM, said:

I noticed disabling the hud shift+f11 gained me a wopping 20 more frames they were right the hud is fps hungry.

Yes I can't tell if the hud issues are because actionscript calls are dependent on network i/o or if they are just just that cpu resource intensive. The hud is a flash layer on top of the game that depends on actionscript calls. So if the actionscript calls are waiting on getting heat values for instance from the server then then a frame won't be drawn. I suspect gfx_inputevents_triggerrepeat = .016 helps alleviate this by allowing the game to reuse old scaleform calls.

#45 Kh0rn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:14 AM

thanks a bunch I will add this Iv just come too a conclusion that if this is the only game giving me issues in terms of FPS its not my machine its just this game. I hope further optimization will carry on in patches too come any way thanks for the help.

#46 Golrar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:33 PM

Thanks for the info SLDF, fixed my fps drops in Frozen City day with the fog. Now I never drop below 50 fps.

#47 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:04 PM

View PostSLDF DeathlyEyes, on 17 May 2014 - 06:31 AM, said:

I can't tell if the hud issues are because actionscript calls are dependent on network i/o or if they are just just that cpu resource intensive. The hud is a flash layer on top of the game that depends on actionscript calls. So if the actionscript calls are waiting on getting heat values for instance from the server then then a frame won't be drawn. I suspect gfx_inputevents_triggerrepeat = .016 helps alleviate this by allowing the game to reuse old scaleform calls.

… Shift-F11 changes my unlimited fps by ~3, with- or without this set of strings, and can't tell which CPU core has a load change, ether …

#48 Bullseye69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 454 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:15 AM

[color=#959595]When things are moving and shooting back at you, the game gets badly bottlenecked by GHz on the last CPU core, where "ca_thread0Affinity" and "r_WaterUpdateThread" both reside.[/color]

[color=#959595]This is [/color]bad[color=#959595], as the game seems to rely on thread0 and not use thread1 much, so having waterupdate on the same core gums up the works.[/color]

So if us the reason why don't they recode so the waterupdate uses the different thread.
Just wondering will give the new config file a try next time I on.

Runnning a old athlon 2 640 3.1ghz quad it exactly 300 mhz off the recommend speed for there recommend amd s[ecs game run like crap and it really pissing me off . Could us any boost i can get.

Thanks Goose.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users