2 replies to this topic

#1 MayGay

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 304 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:14 PM

So here are some of the things that are really bothering me, mostly related to UI 2, some not.

1, No way to sort 'mechs. The default order makes no sense to me, and I'd love to be able to sort them alphabetically or by tonnage. Also I'd love to have a favourites category and to be able to custom arrange the order there. I have 42 ‘mech bays and plan on buying 4 more so finding the ‘mech I want fast is important.

2, Default order has Hero and Champion first, then others. I find this really annoying especially when I want to use a ‘mech but I don’t know which variant I want. Please make it an option to have the heroes and champions first. Also I have no bias twoards either champion, hero, or standard 'mechs. Actually it has been a long time sence I had an engine in my X-5.

3, The ability to remove trial 'mechs from my list of owned 'mechs. I do not own them, I do not want to use them, and I'm not going to buy them, because if I don't already own the chassis, then I have either mastrered it, in which case the XP boost means nothing, or I don't like the 'mech itself. The only 'mech I haven't owned at least one of is the Firestarter, and I'll wait for the omni version. Please let me remove them from the list, thanks.

4, Cannot see engine type and equipped modules, or cockpit items on the select ‘mech screen. Really that information is more useful to me than the amount of depression, or how much twist the torso has. As of now, I have to go hunting and going through 42 ‘mechs to find where X-item is and that could take a while.

5, Ability to sell items in the ‘mech lab, no really I don’t need 200 medium lasers and 30 standard 300 engines, I do need 42 DHS, and it is really annoying when I have to completely exit the ‘mech lab, go to the home screen, and sell from there, because I found that I am 30k C-bills short of that UAC/5 that I didn't even think I'd be adding to the 'mech when I started modifing the build.

6, UI still pushes my graphics card harder than in game.

7, not really to do with the ‘mech lab but… More randomness in what map you end up in. I really do love every map, but when you are trying to grind x ‘mech to elite, and you are too cheap to buy DHS for the ‘mech because it has almost the exact, or inferior weapons hard points as the other 2 variants and you aren’t going to use it again afterwards, getting Therma, Therma, Caustic, Therma, Tourmaline, Therma, Caustic, is really really annoying. Also even when not grinding, getting all or mostly one map can get old after a while.

8, Also, not really part of UI 2, and also likely getting really old to you guys, but matchmaker really needs an overhaul. Really, if matchmaker made balanced drops, then almost every game I take part in wouldn’t be a total stomp for either side. Currently, in about 60% of my drops that don’t end in a cap, my team gets stomped, and in 30% we stomp them, as in like 12-0, or 12-3 stomps usually. I haven’t said anything about it yet, but it is starting to bother me lately.

9, The ability to reorder the critical slots in any given location, years of using Heavy Metal Pro have made me a little OCD about the order of equipment. On the same note, the ability to choose exactly which weapon is mounted in any given hardpoint, perhaps by dragging it to the hardpoint itself instead of the location or using the add button?

10, The ability to be overweight or over crits when using endo steel or FF in 'mech lab so we can get all the goodies we want in then cut down to a legal build before saving.

11, Almost forgot, I want to see how much XP I have and what skills I have purched for any given 'mech weather I own it or not.

Edited by James Griffin, 23 February 2014 - 01:41 PM.

#2 TheMightyServo

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationLow Earth Orbit

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:17 PM

View PostJames Griffin, on 23 February 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

11, Almost forgot, I want to see how much XP I have and what skills I have purched for any given 'mech weather I own it or not.

+100

This is a very big one for players who don't have everything maxed out and elited, and who are grinding towards mechs.

Getting xp from trial mechs that are of chassis I might want in the future is already good, but I'd like to know where the xp levels on those mechs stand. Same of course applies to any mech I buy just one variant of - I might want to buy the other variant - and I'd like to know where all of them stand at any given time, whether I own them or not. (Which was in the old interface.)

-
Broad overview of mechs' stats in a readable format, and the ability to hover over locations and show the hitbox & equipment plus hardpoint locations like the old interface would also be really useful. As has already been covered at length elsewhere.

#3 MayGay

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 304 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:38 AM

Exactly, I had to look up which Hunchback I was missing in my stats. But I have been playing sence open beta launched, so I have no clue on some of them because either 'mech stats weren't traked or they were wiped at some point, and I just can't remember if I used them or not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users