- - - - -

Critical Hit Notification?

6 replies to this topic

#1 waterfowl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:55 PM

So this has been bugging me for a while now... After watching players play on twitch, once in a while Betty announces their critical hits by saying : "critical hit". It's not from incoming damage, because they're not taking any.

I've been playing for a while now, and I've never heard that. Ever! And I've been using a 4 MG Ember lately, so I think I should be hearing it after doing 500 damage a match!

Am I just deaf or do I have to turn this on or what? I'm in the testing grounds right now, I take off the enemy armor, and shoot it with an MG until their weapons turn red on the display... no notification

Edited by waterfowl, 23 February 2014 - 11:35 PM.

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:59 PM

Critical hit isn't you delivering the hit (in MWO). The closest thing that exists is Critical Damage. That means you're about to die.

Unless betty sounds weird, like here. In which case it's added in for fun.

Now it would be cool. I came up with an idea like that in this test video. Listen when the laser hits the arm just right and destroys the Gauss Rifle. "Critical Hit; Gauss Rifle, Destroyed."

This one's got a twin computer system.

An old single player mockup.

Do you have a time skipped (fast-forwarded to when it happens) example of just what you're seeing/hearing? Because it could be from an old version of the game. Betty used to say a lot more than she does now. For example she used to tell you any time someone targeted you. She would also tell you when an enemy missile lock has acquired you. Of course back then, you had to activate your AMS manually!

Edited by Koniving, 23 February 2014 - 11:37 PM.

#3 waterfowl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:37 PM

View PostKoniving, on 23 February 2014 - 10:59 PM, said:

Critical hit isn't you delivering the hit (in MWO). The closest thing that exists is Critical Damag. That means you're about to die.

Unless betty sounds weird, like here. In which case it's added in for fun.

Now it would be cool. I came up with an idea like that in this test video. Listen when the laser hits the arm just right and destroys the Gauss Rifle. "Critical Hit; Gauss Rifle, Destroyed."

This one's got a twin computer system.

An old single player mockup.

Do you have a time skipped (fast-forwarded to when it happens) example of just what you're seeing/hearing? Because it could be from an old version of the game. Betty used to say a lot more than she does now. For example she used to tell you any time someone targeted you. She would also tell you when an enemy missile lock has acquired you. Of course back then, you had to activate your AMS manually!

at 20 seconds in this video you can hear it

Guess it is an older version. Dang, why'd they have to take it out -_-

Edited by waterfowl, 23 February 2014 - 11:39 PM.

#4 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:37 PM

View PostKoniving, on 23 February 2014 - 10:59 PM, said:

Critical hit isn't you delivering the hit (in MWO). The closest thing that exists is Critical Damag. That means you're about to die.

LOL.. Yeah.. OP... It is the exact opposite of what you are thinking !!!
When Betty says, "Critical Hit" it mean the enemy scored a critical hit on YOU!!
And often after 'Critical Hit' you hear 'XXXX destroyed !'

Edited:
Additionally there is no way easy way of know when you score a critical hit on the target.
There only method I know is to single Head Shot kill mechs with a <=30 damage weapon eg. Dual Gauss.
It take >=33 damage to head shot kill a mech with 1 alpha.
With dual gauss you can get critical hit 1 shot kills due to Critical Hit in the testing ground.. Go try it !

Edited by ShinVector, 23 February 2014 - 11:41 PM.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:46 PM

View Postwaterfowl, on 23 February 2014 - 11:37 PM, said:

Guess it is an older version. Dang, why'd they have to take it out -_-

First one 8 seconds in: "Heat level, Critical!"
Second one 20 seconds in: "Heat level, Critical!"

That's still in. But he's got Betty turned down.

It really would be nice. Here, watch this one. At 58-ish seconds, you'll hear my favorite line from Betty.

"Warning! Targeted." Occurred every time someone point the "o" or the "+" crosshair on your body. Unlike the first set of videos I sent you; this one's legitimate and not edited in.

(unlike this post which I edited like 30 times.)

Edited by Koniving, 23 February 2014 - 11:54 PM.

#6 CyborgDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationRight behind you o.o

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:49 PM

View Postwaterfowl, on 23 February 2014 - 11:37 PM, said:

at 20 seconds in this video you can hear it

Guess it is an older version. Dang, why'd they have to take it out :lol:

She's saying "heat level: critical"

Edit: Ninja'd thanks to Australian internet -_-

Edited by CyborgDragon, 23 February 2014 - 11:51 PM.

#7 waterfowl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:56 PM

Ahhh dang it! Well for the brief time I thought it was a real feature, I thought it was a cool one haha. I hope they expand on Betty and give her some more lines

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users