New Mwo Cinematics?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Atlasian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:09 AM

Ever since the very first MWO cinematics showing an Atlas being dropped from a dropship, I'm still waiting for another. I was rather disappointed at the MWO trailer (which is mainly consist of shots from the game) during the official MWO opening. Give us a good cinematic that can tell a story (eg coming of the Clans) or some freaking dramatic Mech battles.

#2 Hoffenstein

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 368 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:02 AM

Aye, a good (non-ingame) cinematic will go a long way to ingratiating both current fans and prospective new players.

#3 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:25 AM

Yep, Elder scrolls online is being sold almost entirely on the cinematics. It isnt on the game play or story thats for sure. Both are mediocre at best. This is from what I have seen so far.

So yes good cinematics can go a long way.

Also I found some of the ship commentaries and descriptions for star citizen interesting to. Again it isnt game play or story they are selling that is for sure. Both are either none existent or sucks :( ,although believe it or not I wish them the best.

And again yes, Mechwarrior is lacking in story, setting ( where is the mech bay located anyway? on a ship or a planet? Was going to make a post about this, needs to be added right way :( ) at the moment. But the game play is excellent. And they can add story etc. relatively easy, as soon as the succession wars are added and clan invasion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users