- - - - -

How To Log In Through Steam, With A New Account?

4 replies to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 11:26 PM

I thought i would post this here, as maybe people wanna know..

I wanna make a clan account, and thought this would be the perfect day.. Buy one of the cheap clan (S) packs, and start a new account.

My question is, How do i just add it to steam, and make it a steam game? So i need to do something with steam? or can i just add, then play? Or do i need to make a new DL, and then start a new account? I am just not sure how it all works.

Edited by JC Daxion, 09 December 2015 - 11:26 PM.

#2 Lan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 119 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 December 2015 - 11:35 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...wo-steam-launch

The FAQ states that you will be able to download through Steam in about ten hours (no preload), that will be installed among your other Steam games. If you already have the game installed right now it will be a separate copy.

As for how you create your user, not sure. Recommend waiting until the game is available and follow those steps on Steam.

You can ofc add a launch option to your current nonsteam installation and just create a new user here on mwomercs.com but as far as I know, the new performance packs are purchased through Steam.

Hm. We'll know in ten hours. :)

Edited by Lan, 09 December 2015 - 11:53 PM.

#3 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 10 December 2015 - 07:20 AM

View PostLan, on 09 December 2015 - 11:35 PM, said:

....but as far as I know, the new performance packs are purchased through Steam.

Hm. We'll know in ten hours. :)

Anyone know if future packs and purchases will ONLY be avail on Steam, or will you still have the store option for those that keep the stand alone? I've looked around and may have missed an announcement around that.... Personally I was planning to just keep my standalone install (anyone have thought good or bad on NOT moving to Steam?)

#4 cleghorn6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 07:40 AM

Q: Will we have to run MWO through Steam starting December 10th?
No. You can continue to run MWO as normal.

Edited by cleghorn6, 10 December 2015 - 07:41 AM.

#5 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 10 December 2015 - 07:58 AM

View PostMorggo, on 10 December 2015 - 07:20 AM, said:

Anyone know if future packs and purchases will ONLY be avail on Steam, or will you still have the store option for those that keep the stand alone? I've looked around and may have missed an announcement around that.... Personally I was planning to just keep my standalone install (anyone have thought good or bad on NOT moving to Steam?)

Not likely. Most MMOs that go to Steam only have token packs up there and are not really putting their entire inventory up for steam credits.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users