Where could I get one of those?

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:25 PM

if you own Clan Mech which can fit the AC20 go to the Mechlab then put the AC20 into the component with the hardpoint.

you cannot put the Clan AC20 (or any other Clan weapon) onto an Inner Sphere Mech, and not all the Clan Mechs have space or hardpoints to fit one.
out of the Clan Mechs currently available for Cbills
the Kit Fox (with the Prime Right Arm) can mount the UAC20 (but not the regular or LBX, insufficient critical slots)
the Summoner is capable of mounting any of the Clan AC20s
the Dire Wolf (available for cbills next week) is (barely) able to mount 4 Clan AC20s

#3 CrimsonDervish

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:31 PM

Ah, thanks... It's a shame I can't put it into my Atlus BH.

#4 Anassi

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:51 PM

Trust me - there's no reason to unless you want an Ultra AC-20. The IS ACs are quite a lot better as they fire their shots in a single slug as opposed to the burst fire the Clanners have. Clan AC-20 fires five shells of four damage each, IS AC-20 fires one slug of 20 damage. This obviously makes Clan ACs spread their damage a lot more unless you have a really, really steady aim or are shooting at a stationary target.

The only advantage Clans have here is that they have an Ultra version of all Auto Cannons, whereas IS only have an Ultra version of the AC-5. Then again the Ultras run quite hot and eat through ammo like there's no tomorrow, so I still prefer to have the IS version if possible.

In short - no, you can't fit the C-AC 20 into a Boar's Head, but you most likely wouldn't want to anyway.

#5 Empyrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 210 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:42 AM

The Clan weapons are lighter and smaller, those alone are good reasons to use them, if one could, even without the heavy single point damage.

#6 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:43 AM

View PostEmpyrus, on 17 September 2014 - 03:42 AM, said:

The Clan weapons are lighter and smaller, those alone are good reasons to use them, if one could, even without the heavy single point damage.

UAC20 spreads damage like cray, high DPS on paper but you waste a lot of it.

#7 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:54 AM

View PostEmpyrus, on 17 September 2014 - 03:42 AM, said:

In the case of the AC20 (and maybe the AC10), the tonnage increase is worth it unless you want the Ultra variant. It's a reason you see a lot of LBX builds on the clans, as that's up front damage despite the spread. Honestly, there's little reason to use the slug LBX variants at the moment.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users