#1 Shae Starfyre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationThe Fringe

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:32 AM

Greetings,

I was reading another's thread apologizing for team kills and I thought it might be interesting to have some kind of warning beacon when your targeting (LOS) is interupted by a friendly.

Maybe a symbol that flashes briefly over the friendly unit?

Just a thought.

May work differently for missile boats; or it can be toggled for them or something? Not sure about mixed loadouts.

Maybe the little blips that are around your targeting circle that shows when a weapon group is ready flashes if weapons on the group incounter an LOS block from a friendly.

A block is just when a friendly unit's signature (mech) moves in front of your LOS.

#2 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:36 AM

View PostAphoticus, on 25 February 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

Greetings,

I was reading another's thread apologizing for team kills and I thought it might be interesting to have some kind of warning beacon when your targeting (LOS) is interupted by a friendly.

Maybe a symbol that flashes briefly over the friendly unit?

Just a thought.

May work differently for missile boats; or it can be toggled for them or something? Not sure about mixed loadouts.

Maybe the little blips that are around your targeting circle that shows when a weapon group is ready flashes if weapons on the group incounter an LOS block from a friendly.

A block is just when a friendly unit's signature (mech) moves in front of your LOS.

What's wrong with the big blue triangle?

#3 Shae Starfyre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationThe Fringe

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:39 AM

View PostBilbo, on 25 February 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:

What's wrong with the big blue triangle?

Sometimes it is hard to determine who is in front of who; thinking of colored impaired. Electronic package enhancement, things of that nature; immersion, etc.

Just a thought.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users