Not Able To Join Match

19 replies to this topic

#1 Mass Fogger

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 20 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:39 PM

I don't know how many are having my problem, but if they are i feel sorry. at a random time after logging in some matchs do not load up. after selecting the game type and clicking launch i go to the the black screen before the next info page about the match, but it dosent go past it then goes back to the main interface for mech section and the mech that i had chosen is ina match. i don't know whats going on, if its on my end or the sever please let me know what work a rounds there are thank you!

Edited by Mass Fogger, 06 August 2013 - 07:41 PM.

#2 Domnall

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:19 AM

I have exactly the same problem. It doesn't happen with all the matches, but probably about half :unsure:

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:54 AM

Run the repair tool

http://mwomercs.com/...public-release/

#4 Mass Fogger

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 20 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:00 AM

I've run repair tools and looked at at sub systems. but i cant finder it out .... if i had to guess it my grafx driver . it's a gtx 640 ti that "shouldn't" have any problems with this game ..... but still i have problem loading in not every mach but i say 3 out of 4... It wasn't till about 3 patch's ago that it relay becam=me a problem

#5 thefreddyfinger

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:53 PM

I have the same problem. After I hit launch I go into a loading screen, but the game crashes back to the main menu and my mech is locked in the match.

The mech being locked in a match in the first place is BS, you're just punishing new players because we don't have any mechs but the loaners, not to mention you're trying to force people to spend $$$ on mechs. Unethical business model.

Anyways, all of my drivers are up to date, all of my hardware checks out, and my intel rig has the same problem. What is the deal here guys? I spend 3 times the amount of time fixing this game than I get to spend playing it.

How do we fix this issue? (issue #4 in the last day.)

#6 Arrakus

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:42 AM

I have been getting this same error every since the patch in July. I have had up to 5 mechs all locked "in a match" and have not actually played a single match. Plus my mechs are not even in the match. Friends that I have dropped with have said that that my mechs are not even in the game. Instead of my mech being in the drop, instead there is a blank spot. The real kicker is that even when the game that I was suppose to play in is over, my mech is STILL locked "in a match". And it will not be available for ~15mins.

Now, this does not happen all of the time. There have been times where I have had a whole night of crash free drops. But then there are times where I get 3-5 crashes in a row and all of my mechs are locked up. Which at that point I just stop and switch to another game.

I have deleted and re-installed the game and my video drivers. I have ran the repair tool as well. I have also done a fresh install of my OS. Am I am still getting this error. I love the game. I enjoy playing it and have spent considerable $$ supporting the game. However, if I cannot play this game consistently, then I am not going to play it all.

#7 Mass Fogger

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 20 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:11 PM

Thanks for to replying as it still a beta and things do pop up. if it is an issue that someone finds the correction to please let me and others know. thank you and good luck!

#8 Skye Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 250 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

Hello, my name is Skye Storm, and I too am a black screen.

#9 RavenGenesis

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:34 PM

First time experiencing this issue, and I've never had a problem before.. just so random that it started all of a sudden

right after my premium time expired too LOL

--------------

So I disabled google drive on my PC and MWO started working as normal again after someone mentioned that MWO conflicts with certain programs opened, that person said it was his mumble, but mine was google drive

Edited by RavenGenesis, 11 August 2013 - 10:13 AM.

#10 Skye Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 250 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:59 PM

Can we get a fix as this is bullsh*t

#11 Implacable

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:05 AM

It's happened to me too; started off last night (when I finally decided to give this game a try again, after I go peeved with it a while back) with the odd match not starting, but when I tried to play today, I have three instances of it before the client itself decided it had had enough and closing itself randomly.

#12 somenothing

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:15 PM

Hi all, I have this same problem ever since public beta launch, about 1 freeze in 5 games. (Should we call this a freeze or crash or lockup anyway?)

This has gotten way worse after the 6 Aug 12v12 patch. I was getting freezes upon launch half the time, but this morning was more like 2 out of 3...

#13 Mass Fogger

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 20 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:12 AM

Yeah It's still happening to me to. I think It a hardware driver issue but I can't say for sure.

#14 ddd aka DuLa

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 5 posts
  • LocationGalactica

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:47 AM

Hi, I have a same problem, I've never had this problem before, it started to happen since 6. august patch, it happens like 3 out of 5 times... my rig is:
q6600, gtx 650ti, 6gb RAM, win8 pro

#15 Storm Wind

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:19 AM

I had the same problem when I last tried this beta, somewhere in spring I think. I haven't gotten a single match, but now that there's this Training Ground I know it's not hardware-related since the training works great. I know my PC's not that fresh anymore (it's 2 years old so it's practically antique), but the training runs so I see no obvious reason for the game not to work. It'd be nice to actually PLAY this, but I guess I'm stuck waiting for someone to come up with a solution since I'm not really that interested on the inner workings of computers...

#16 ddd aka DuLa

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 5 posts
  • LocationGalactica

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:38 AM

It seems that the problem was in Zone Alarm Application Control, I just turn off Application Control when playing the game and also in basic firewall in Zone Alarm I put medium setting in public zone security. I don't have problem joining the match... I hope it works for you all!

Edited by ddd aka DuLa, 03 September 2013 - 07:14 AM.

#17 The Hank

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:07 AM

Tried that and got three matches until it refused to let me play like always :)

#18 Sandman Black

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

Yes, I have this same issue, very frustrating...

#19 Omi_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • 336 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:11 AM

Bump. This thread is still relevant. How do I run MWO without disabling my firewall?

#20 Omi_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • 336 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 15 November 2014 - 05:59 AM

Bump! Looking for a comment on this. If desired, I can put in a support ticket instead.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users