- - - - -

New Player & The Clan

21 replies to this topic

#21 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:39 PM

View PostKoniving, on 28 February 2014 - 03:38 PM, said:

Get it before midnight LA time and you can get it according to Russ.

All the cutoff times are UTC, so either Russ or the advertisement is wrong.

#22 Hammerhai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 998 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:11 AM

Eh, too late now.

Partly my bad for not checking the terms, but that does mean:

I will most likely not pay to play again then. Simple reason being that the premium time was the only early bird draw for me. So I will have a good think about it. Wanted the Timber Wolf very badly, but not that badly. Have to stress though that it is my slip up, and no one else is to blame there.

On another note: The current population of the TS server of BWC bears out PGI's observation that groups are largely inactive, at least outside of North American time zones. One guy dropping where there used to be 2 to 3 four mans not too long ago. We are an international group and it is mid morning for the European contingent on a weekend with a competition going on. This does not spell doom for the game, by any means. It is ultimately just an isolated incident. But it makes me thoughtful.

I just want to leave other players with the thought though that the organised players are possibly are going to have to adapt to difficult changes because of the now obvious change in target demographics, as PGI chases a changing player group. After all, we are "on an island" according to Russ. More consumables, more deathmatch etc. If I sound apprehensive, well yeah. I am.

For the meantime I am still enjoying the game, but I have to say I get drop fatigue after only two or three drops. It is a wonder to me how people can play this game so intensively as many obviously do.

Thank you to all who replied, unfortunately I gave up and went to bed not having gotten a response from support in time to make a purchasing decision.

I wonder if I am still flexible enough to kick my own backside ... Ah, the days of youth, when all limbs were limber, except for one. Now all limbs are stiff.

Except for one.

To top it all, when I was a recruit in the army they laced our coffee with something we called blue vitriol in order to make us less "antsy" for female companionship. It did not work then, as I can testify the first pregnancy happened on the first official pass. The pastor was not pleased with his lustful flock of young "oxygen thieves" as they were wont to call us affectionately before punishment drills.

It is, sadly, a delayed effect, as I can now report with the wisdom of age, and it now has the intended effect some 30 years on.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users