Friendly Fire Damage Stat

7 replies to this topic

#1 Triphammer

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:59 AM

add a friendly fire damage inflicted stat for each player in the end of match stat screen.

it could change the way the game is played.

ideally, less weapon fire mashing. more careful shots rather than hosing down everything in front of you.

maybe a point penalty? at least the worst offenders would be made public.

it can't be that difficult to implement. it's already being recorded, as the score formula for the new tournament shows.

#2 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:02 AM

I think it'd be an interesting stat to see.

#3 Draven Darkshadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:30 AM

ditto

#4 M E X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 381 posts
  • Locationg-town, Vienna, Austria, EU.

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:00 AM

As they dont do anything against TEAMKILLERS, I dont believe they will add this feature ...

I have no problems with accidentally FF, only with TK and TRAITORS wich give away your coordintes to the enemy !

#5 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:22 AM

Damge done to enemy - damage done to friends = damage for calulating the C Bill/XP granted.

#6 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:04 AM

This should be a feature already in-game. There are other games I've played that show FF and TKs and deduct points/currency for it. Here you're only penalized for TKs.

#7 xJohnWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 151 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:53 AM

This feature is already tracked server side. I believe it should be displayed in the score screen as well as tracked on your profile. Furthermore I believe stats should be public so when people view your profile they can see what you've got. Most multiplayer games have this kind of a feature and it is very popular.

As an addition to this idea, I believe there should be a penalty as well. REDUCE your overall xp and cbill gain from damage by an amount of penalty. Compute it as TWICE the amount of point value. So someone who did 100 damage but 50 friendly fire damage would receive ZERO xp and cbills from damage. Other gains would still apply of course, but the damage would have been completely negated by their careless or intentional fire.

#8 Bobzilla

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:33 AM

We can't go too crazy with the penalty because sometimes you have no control over a situation and it will anger people, (******* got in the way of my LRM path or ******* jumpjets between me and my target during an exchange).

And greifing by getting in the way will be possible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users