- - - - -

I Require Assistance

17 replies to this topic

#1 Commander QQ

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationBarracks QQing to Superiors

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:41 PM

Hello all. I recently got sentenced to grunt work/fighting to the death in internet stompy space robots. I am technically a commander of the Davion Navy, but basically a CPL decided to be a wise-ass and shoot my 'Mech from behind, so I turned around and doubled legged him before he could blink.

As a result, Admiral Whiner (This guy is a total ass) put me here in this sector of the Inner Sphere to assist people with battle until further notice.

I am not new to the life of a Mechwarrior and I am obviously very acclimated to piloting my giant walking tank to victory no matter the UI, simulator, and even just killing off Clanner scum.

I am here to ask...where do I start? I already know how to work the 'Mech hangar, get my mechanic to outfit my 'Mechs, launch out of the latest Dropship model into various battle types, piloting my 'Mech in a well suited manner, killing enemies, and also making purchases so my mechanic can make my 'Mech even more formidable. Question is...as a Commander who loves to complain and take long walks on the beach, where do I go from here?

#2 Pat Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:45 PM

This guy is awesome...love the post, will come back in a bit and give some more advice.

#3 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:47 PM

View PostCommander QQ, on 01 March 2014 - 10:41 PM, said:

As a result, Admiral Whiner (This guy is a total ass) put me here in this sector of the Inner Sphere to assist people with battle until further notice.

(I hope that isn't an actual players name you are referring to there, as there are strict rules against name-and-shame)

Basically, find a mech you like, level it up (It will take 3 variants of the same chassis to do so fully) then rinse and repeat.

Over your first 25 matches you earn a BIG bonus - enough to buy and outfit almost any chassis in the game!

Do not be fooled by the low starting prices for the lighter mechs - as you will find yourself wanting to buy an XL engine and other upgrades that can actually cost more than some assault mechs!

There are a variety of guides on how to build the various chassis in the various ways people have found the most effective - mediums tend to require the least amount of alteration though - making them a very good place to get your feet wet with the blood of your foes.

#4 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:47 PM

I would say try to get in touch with other units and drop with them. Nothing like coordination to spice things up.

Within a few months (if the planets align and help us) we will get community warfare.

A good thing to keep in mind is the House Davion Teamspeak server.

This way you can keep in tough with a good chunk of the populace.

The address is 50.22.145.234:7345

Hope that helps.

Also, kudos for the roleplay, I love it when people do that.

#5 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:49 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 01 March 2014 - 10:47 PM, said:

Also, kudos for the roleplay, I love it when people do that.

I agree, to a point (those who start bringing in the hatreds into their roleplay.... that is something I can usually do without)

#6 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:54 PM

Nice first post.

Optimising your Mech is important to your overall battle effectiveness. There are many nuances to Mech loadouts and its unlikely even the Techs who have assisted you thus far have truly optimised your loadout.

I suggest you acquaint yourself with Smurfy's, an offline Mech Lab, and then share your intended build. We could help you optimise your Mech once we can see its specifics.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9a92a7d81b8d757

#7 Commander QQ

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:55 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 01 March 2014 - 10:47 PM, said:

(I hope that isn't an actual players name you are referring to there, as there are strict rules against name-and-shame)

Basically, find a mech you like, level it up (It will take 3 variants of the same chassis to do so fully) then rinse and repeat.

Over your first 25 matches you earn a BIG bonus - enough to buy and outfit almost any chassis in the game!

Do not be fooled by the low starting prices for the lighter mechs - as you will find yourself wanting to buy an XL engine and other upgrades that can actually cost more than some assault mechs!

There are a variety of guides on how to build the various chassis in the various ways people have found the most effective - mediums tend to require the least amount of alteration though - making them a very good place to get your feet wet with the blood of your foes.

Nah, Admiral Whiner doesn't exist....(yet???) However, Shar....you already know me. You have liked many of my posts. Shhhh don't say my name around these parts. I mean...drop and give me 20! Uh...sorry. I'm just used to commanding Mechwarriors and barking orders. I could really use a drink right about now.

#8 Commander QQ

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:02 PM

Well, now that many are aware that I am someone else...I originally made this post because I am not able to create transmissions towards the IS community in the General Discussion yet. I honestly did not expect fellow Mechwarriors to be so kind as to direct a Commander in the right direction.

However, I do not want wish to be labeled a bad person for wasting someone's time, so as requested a build I've never ran before. I think it'd be rather spectacular: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...87023edbb32353b

#9 PineappleKush

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:06 PM

Question is...as a Commander who loves to complain and take long walks on the beach, where do I go from here?

Make a Merc Corp, recruit noobs, built them into warriors, win the game. It sounds like you got most of it figured out already.

#10 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:06 PM

View PostCommander QQ, on 01 March 2014 - 11:02 PM, said:

However, I do not want wish to be labeled a bad person for wasting someone's time - so here is a link to the Streak-Taro

........ :)

You may not have run that one before, but that's a pretty well known build.......
(telling me I've liked your posts isn't very helpful - I rarely look at who's posted what I like)

#11 dangerzone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in a F14-Tomcat

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:10 PM

Wow. Guess they don't call you a commander for nothing huh? Already aware of Streak boats. They're not meta, but can be wielded with deadly force if piloted by the right person. You're a commander, so you should be able to do that, right?

Give us some more smurfy links when you have the time. I'm sure I and many others would be more than willing to review 'em for ya :)

#12 Commander QQ

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:17 PM

Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome. Once I am restored to Commander status, I will send a Davion giftbasket your way as well as an Atlas actionfigure. (It's the latest model and it's eyes glow red).

I will also grant you amnesty on the field of battle, preventing you from being annihilated. All I ask in return is a friendly hello should you see me battling it out amongst the others.

Edited by Commander QQ, 01 March 2014 - 11:17 PM.

#13 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:14 AM

Good 1st post to start here. :)

Edit: BTW, to comment on the build itself, while the idea is derivative from many others before, the engine best used is XL 360, due to it being slightly faster, a lot easier to find usage, and better as a engine to buy solo. XL 355 I think only is worth if you're planning on getting the Jester Catapult hero mech, which is it's top engine if iirc. Something like this: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3a985554275aa85

Edited by luxebo, 02 March 2014 - 12:17 AM.

#14 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:15 AM

OP

Awesome post, if you're looking to join a unit, check us out at headhunters-rct.com ( Head Hunters Grim Determination, Head Hunters Phoenix Guard and others. )
We'll be happy to provide advice and training where needed, our teamspeak server address is 198.100.153.190:7041, open to all, drop by some time and we'll see if we're the unit for you.

~S~ SGM Satan n stuff HHGD

Edited by Satan n stuff, 02 March 2014 - 03:16 AM.

#15 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:25 AM

By the way; In regards to not being able to post in more general topics, as a rookie you will be limited to the new player help and a few of the patch feedback threads. Complete your first 25 matches missions to achieve full comm access. http://mwomercs.com/...35289-recruits/

If you did not collect the tertiary objective on the download page, you can follow my sig to locate one free day of premium time to enhance your earnings for 24 standard hours.

#16 Commander QQ

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:25 AM

This appears to be my last post for now. I need to learn the idealistics that come with fighting alongside the grunt work force of the Davion Navy. Maybe this experience/punishment will help me learn to be less of a QQ and more of a happy guy...or I'll just learn to complain more. Either way,I'm giving Admiral Whiner an Atomic Davion Wedgie next time I see him.

As for the premium time code, sadly my alter ego has redeem it and I can not use it. Such a shame.

#17 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:25 PM

View PostCommander QQ, on 02 March 2014 - 08:25 AM, said:

As for the premium time code, sadly my alter ego has redeem it and I can not use it. Such a shame.

If you redeemed it from the download page, then you should be able to click on the button that says 'use premium time' or similar.

#18 5LeafClover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 317 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:46 PM

If I were starting again, I'd save my 9,000,000 cbills from the first 25 matches to buy 3 of the same chassis (or 2 1/2) at around the 50T/3,500,000 cbill mark. That way I could have elited them quickly, sucked less and earned more for the next suite of chassis.

If i was a richer guy, I might buy a champion with MC, then 2 other varients for starting cbills.

Welcome, and don't sweat admiral ar$e face. He's due for retirement as soon as occupational health diagnose his dimentia

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users