#21 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:53 PM

View PostGTV Zeratul, on 04 March 2014 - 01:40 PM, said:

Isn't one of the advantages of having mutiple JJ's installed that your initial lift off is (much) quicker? IRC 1 JJ builds power and than lifts off while a full set imediatly lifts off.

THe more JJs you've had, the more thrust you've gotten, it just happens that 1 was enough to do enough lifting to get your weapons over a barrier and possibly then some. With the new patch, this may not be the case.

#22 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:00 PM

The patch is designed to nerf the 1JJ assault meta poptart that is driving everyone insane. Now those stupid HGN 733's will have to have 2-3 to get the same performance if what I read is right. That nerfs the build pretty much out the window. Get ready for a new type of poptart, and you're going to hate it just as much.

#23 GTV Zeratul

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:07 PM

View PostBront, on 04 March 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:

THe more JJs you've had, the more thrust you've gotten, it just happens that 1 was enough to do enough lifting to get your weapons over a barrier and possibly then some. With the new patch, this may not be the case.

That's not quite what I ment, with a full set of JJ's you press the button and are airborne, with just 1 JJ you press the button and have a slight delay in getting airborne. Think of a space shuttle launch. 3...2...1....ignition! and you see the shuttle sitting there belching flame for a moment and than it lifts off.

#24 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:08 PM

I've not seen that. I think that's your perception based on how slow you got height.

#25 no one

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 533 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:27 PM

View PostGTV Zeratul, on 04 March 2014 - 02:07 PM, said:

That's not quite what I ment, with a full set of JJ's you press the button and are airborne, with just 1 JJ you press the button and have a slight delay in getting airborne. Think of a space shuttle launch. 3...2...1....ignition! and you see the shuttle sitting there belching flame for a moment and than it lifts off.

Much of what you're seeing there is the engines igniting before the shuttle decouples from the launch tower and a lack of the sense of scale on which the shuttle operates. It actually takes very little time for the shuttle to 'get up to speed'.

That said, if you're saying 'one jump jet barely cancels out the gravitational acceleration on your 'Mech then two jumpjets should more than double your delta-v over a burn' then I agree. It's also pretty silly that 'Mechs drop to walking speed whenever their feet leave the ground, and to anyone with a gut level grasp of physics that just feels wrong. On the other hand I understand the need for limits on the Gs you can pull with jump jets, but they could have your jump jet recharge rate or fuel capacity scale with your number of jets.

Edited by no one, 04 March 2014 - 02:30 PM.

#26 GTV Zeratul

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:27 PM

Could just be me indeed, will test more.

#27 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:01 PM

The one thing I noticed is that unlike before, my Griffin can now go from the ground to the upper level of the docks in a single leap on Crimson Strait.

Used to have to make two jumps before.

#28 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:16 PM

View PostKoniving, on 04 March 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

The one thing I noticed is that unlike before, my Griffin can now go from the ground to the upper level of the docks in a single leap on Crimson Strait.

Used to have to make two jumps before.

How many JJs?

That gives me hope that JJs have been buffed over 2-3.

#29 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:26 PM

View PostBront, on 04 March 2014 - 03:16 PM, said:

How many JJs?

That gives me hope that JJs have been buffed over 2-3.

Seven.

#30 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:31 PM

View PostKoniving, on 04 March 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

Seven.

I think this means that the SDR-5V has a strong use now! :) If this is the case, then JJs over 2-3 will be better, and therefore a bit more balance with the JJs.

#31 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:12 PM

View Postluxebo, on 04 March 2014 - 04:31 PM, said:

I think this means that the SDR-5V has a strong use now! :rolleyes: If this is the case, then JJs over 2-3 will be better, and therefore a bit more balance with the JJs.

We'll find out. But don't assume it right off the bat.

#32 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:34 PM

View PostKoniving, on 04 March 2014 - 06:12 PM, said:

We'll find out. But don't assume it right off the bat.

Yeah, true I've not had a chance to play yet, so I can't check the JJs (patched it but no time as of right now.)

#33 loopala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:00 PM

noticed a bit slower turn rate in cplt with 2 jjs but the lift is better. ie i get higher faster. as i never played 1 jj builds i don't know how they would compare. now i have to go get the highlanders out of storage and test.

#34 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:06 PM

Alright, I've tested my Shads, they lift faster as said above, but they turn slightly slower. Tested the 3D, and it's somewhat sluggish in comparison to JJ assaults/heavies before.

#35 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:05 AM

Notes on my limited play before I had to stop due to a crippling FPS bug:

2 JJ Victor - More virtacle thrust that it had previously. Didn't turn as fast.

2 JJ Firestarter - also got in the air a bit faster.

Both mechs appear to have less JJ fuel though, and it looks like JJ fuel has been reduced a bit, to go in line with the lift JJs provide. The result is that 1 JJ may not provide enough lift to poptart easily like before, depending on the mech, but more JJs means you get in the air much faster and much higher, allowing JJ mechs to reach new heights.

Looks like it was both a nerf and a buff.

#36 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:03 PM

Ok, I updated the OP. Still researching, but that should help most new players to start.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users