- - - - -

Keeps Saying Connecting

13 replies to this topic

#1 and145

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

Hello everyone im new to the game and have a billion questions but i have anwsered some of them by reading the forum. Cant seem to find a anwser to one last question i have. My question is when im leaving a match or something of this nature my game occasionly just gets stuck and continues to say connecting but all leave it for however long and it will just keep saying this. Or sometimes it says refreshing data and it never stops saying this not causing the game to crash i just cant do anything beyond this cause its like stuck there saying refreshing data or connecting. WHATS WRONG HERE? If you have a anwser please respond. Thanks!

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:37 PM

It's a recent bug. I've been experiencing it too.

Sometimes it happens when you leave a match early and when that match ends the refreshing data one comes up....and gets stuck.

With connecting give it a minute or so before giving up. But if it runs at either for longer than a minute, close the game and reopen it. It likely will not get unstuck on its own.

A patch is due Tuesday.

It may contain a fix.

The only time it may be normal to say connecting for longer than a minute is when joining a match (usually at very late hours of the night when there's fewer players on).

#3 and145

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:41 PM

Ok thank you for the quick anwser. One other question alittle while ago i was getting those c bucks or whatever there called i forget the name. I was getting them really fast like got 2 million in only like 4 or 5 matches now im getting them alot slower. Like 4 or 5 matches only gives me about 500,000 now and thats if i get victories each time. What up with this?

#4 Basskicker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:46 PM

The high cbill matches were because you hadn't finished up your cadet bonus yet. Your first 25 matches have a much higher cbill earning than matches after that first 25. I forget what the bonus is per match but it's something like 300-400k cbills on top of what you earned in the match from kills, assists, win/loss.

Now that you've finished your first 25 matches you are earning cbills based on how well you do in the match.

Edited by Basskicker, 02 March 2014 - 01:48 PM.

#5 and145

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:03 PM

Ok once again thank you for the quick response. ONE last question. I hope to eventually get a good all around mech that is good for any game mode any particular ones that are most superior over the others that you guys find good to use that i should get?

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:12 PM

Light mechs are well rounded as are heavies.
Mediums tend to favor Conquest as anti-lights or in some cases anti-assaults.
Assaults tend to NOT favor conquest due to their slow speed and only do well if people are dumb enough to get near them (otherwise they spend the entire match bored to death).

As for specific things, I suppose it depends on what you prefer.
I recommend looking at this to figure out prices, hardpoints, etc. http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

This is an example; (Smurfy link) a mock-up of my Heavy Metal build reallocated to work with the Highlander 733C It's NOT a new player suggestion but it is intended to show that creativity and diversity in weapons is often rewarded in this game.
Spoiler

Edit: Labelled links.

Edited by Koniving, 02 March 2014 - 03:14 PM.

#7 and145

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:42 PM

Alright thank you everyone just wondering is there any way to get max fire power and also have a rather quick moving mech?

#8 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:05 PM

View PostKoniving, on 02 March 2014 - 03:12 PM, said:

Light mechs are well rounded as are heavies.
Mediums tend to favor Conquest as anti-lights or in some cases anti-assaults.
Assaults tend to NOT favor conquest due to their slow speed and only do well if people are dumb enough to get near them (otherwise they spend the entire match bored to death).

As for specific things, I suppose it depends on what you prefer.
I recommend looking at this to figure out prices, hardpoints, etc. http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

Smurfy is a very good tool that should be used. Mechspecs (http://www.mechspecs.com/forum/) and some other forum areas here can also be used to plan your own builds.

Koniving covered the majority of roles above for each mech, however there are some exceptions. Lights usually specialize in one or another of the modes, like most of the time they will be powerful in Assault and Conquest as cappers and harassers, but some are more skirmishers, like RVN-3L, SDR-5D, CDA-3M (technically a medium but works as a light most of the time.) As like the CDA-3M, some mechs of the high or low tonnage ratio inside each class play more similar to the class above or below, like Dragons and Quickdraws being similar to Mediums, Victors and Awesomes being similar to Heavies, and Orions being similar to Assaults. Mediums and Heavies tend to favor Conquest and Assault as well, but have no problem in Skirmish. Assaults can go through any three, but suffer from Conquest and sometimes Assault.

View Postand145, on 02 March 2014 - 03:42 PM, said:

Alright thank you everyone just wondering is there any way to get max fire power and also have a rather quick moving mech?

I would suggest something like anything from the 45-80 tonnage range. Most mechs in that range (bar Orions, Awesomes but AWS-9M and AWS-PB, CTF-4X, and some of the Heavies that better perform with slower speed) will fit what you are thinking. If you prefer power over anything but don't want to be too slow, a Shadow Hawk, Hunchback, Centurion, Wolverine when out, Griffin, and etc can do for what you are suggesting. Maybe give more specifics to what you're looking for?

#9 Geeks On Hugs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 121 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

View Postand145, on 02 March 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

Hello everyone im new to the game and have a billion questions but i have anwsered some of them by reading the forum. Cant seem to find a anwser to one last question i have. My question is when im leaving a match or something of this nature my game occasionly just gets stuck and continues to say connecting but all leave it for however long and it will just keep saying this. Or sometimes it says refreshing data and it never stops saying this not causing the game to crash i just cant do anything beyond this cause its like stuck there saying refreshing data or connecting. WHATS WRONG HERE? If you have a anwser please respond. Thanks!

I don't know the answer but I've experienced the same thing. I usually kill the process and jump back in. BTW, why does a "room" just dump everyone out at the end, why not just set up a follow up match like most games and Mech Warriors Past?

#10 Geeks On Hugs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 121 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:51 PM

View PostKoniving, on 02 March 2014 - 03:12 PM, said:

OMG, they need to hire this guy. There is a lot to like about MWO but the MechLab UI isn't one of them!

(Thanks for that link!!!)

Edited by Geeks On Hugs, 02 March 2014 - 04:51 PM.

#11 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:07 PM

View PostGeeks On Hugs, on 02 March 2014 - 04:51 PM, said:

OMG, they need to hire this guy. There is a lot to like about MWO but the MechLab UI isn't one of them!

(Thanks for that link!!!)

Eh, if they hire me it'll be for different reasons. Smurfy's someone else's baby and PGI plans a Smurfy style system in the next two to three months. Including the ability to import Smurfy-made builds directly into the game.

But if you're collecting fancy links, this one tells you how the heat system works and lets you point and click your way into virtually any scenario.
http://keikun17.gith...heat_simulator/

Enjoy.

Threshold is maximum heat before shutdown (100%)
Cooling is how much "heat" you cool or vent per second.

#12 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:09 PM

View PostBasskicker, on 02 March 2014 - 01:46 PM, said:

The high cbill matches were because you hadn't finished up your cadet bonus yet. Your first 25 matches have a much higher cbill earning than matches after that first 25. I forget what the bonus is per match but it's something like 300-400k cbills on top of what you earned in the match from kills, assists, win/loss.

Now that you've finished your first 25 matches you are earning cbills based on how well you do in the match.

It's an (inverse?) logarithmetic function so it's the highest for the first match and decreases over those 25 matches. i.e., not a steady bonus for all 25 matches.

#13 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:12 PM

Do yourself a favor and ignore the "firepower" stat entirely. It's the total damage you can do if you alpha strike and all shots count. It really doesn't say much, as you generally don't want to alpha strike, and the max is listed as 250 which no mech comes close to acheiving anyway. So...it's a bad stat.

#14 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:53 AM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 02 March 2014 - 11:12 PM, said:

Do yourself a favor and ignore the "firepower" stat entirely. It's the total damage you can do if you alpha strike and all shots count. It really doesn't say much, as you generally don't want to alpha strike, and the max is listed as 250 which no mech comes close to acheiving anyway. So...it's a bad stat.

Not to mention quick firing weapons (AC/2 MG LRM5 SRM2......) do their damage not based on the one shot (0.1 damage a bullet for the MG) which is what that stat measures, but over time (very little will damage what is under a mech's armor faster than a MG)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users