- - - - -

How Do I Check Mech Xp On Mechs I Sold Before Ui 2.0?

10 replies to this topic

#1 ArmandTulsen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:24 PM

Hello. Please see title. Thanks in advance.

Edited by ArmandTulsen, 10 March 2014 - 09:24 PM.

#2 KnowBuddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 435 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:41 PM

View PostArmandTulsen, on 10 March 2014 - 09:24 PM, said:

Hello. Please see title. Thanks in advance.

Option #1: Re-purchase the variant.

Option #2: Wait for this functionality to be "fixed" or "added" to UI2.0.

Option #3: Try checking (here on the website) PROFILE --> STATS --> MECH STATS
(DISCLAIMER: I'm not sure if this will work, but it's worth a shot... At best I suspect it will show you how much XP was earned on each variant, not how much is remaining).

#3 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:42 PM

As of now, you don't. You can only see XP on 'Mechs you currently own.

Hopefully that will change in the future.

Edit: Scooped!

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 10 March 2014 - 09:42 PM.

#4 ArmandTulsen

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:04 PM

Well [redacted] Ok, thanks guys.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 12 March 2014 - 03:52 PM.
Language

#5 Sidai

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:01 AM

View PostKnowBuddy, on 10 March 2014 - 09:41 PM, said:

Option #3: Try checking (here on the website) PROFILE --> STATS --> MECH STATS
(DISCLAIMER: I'm not sure if this will work, but it's worth a shot... At best I suspect it will show you how much XP was earned on each variant, not how much is remaining).

it will show you how much XP was earned on each variant, so you may guess how much XP is remaining after unlocking skills

#6 KnowBuddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 435 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:32 AM

View PostSidai, on 11 March 2014 - 06:01 AM, said:

it will show you how much XP was earned on each variant, so you may guess how much XP is remaining after unlocking skills

Yes, that was what I was saying. Although, to be completely factual, I think (I did not cross reference between the stats page and in-game) it will only show you how much XP was earned for each variant since stats went live or were last reset. Luckily there are relatively few of us who suffer from the first caveat and hopefully they will not wipe these particular stats (ever) so nobody will need to suffer from the second caveat.

My hesitance actually was more about whether or not the 'Mech stats page shows 'Mechs which you do not currently own (since I have not ever sold a 'Mech I cannot verify this directly). However I assume that it does, given that 'Mechs which have not ever been launched (but are currently owned) do not show up on the 'Mech stats page.

Edited by KnowBuddy, 11 March 2014 - 07:32 AM.

#7 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:38 AM

PGI didnt think that was important. Why would you want to know about a worthless variant that you sold off?

#8 Bhelogan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 328 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:56 AM

View PostZolaz, on 11 March 2014 - 07:38 AM, said:

PGI didnt think that was important. Why would you want to know about a worthless variant that you sold off?

You would think they would realize you may want to convert unused XP, which would use up MC..... Lost opportunity there!

#9 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,435 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:59 AM

View PostKnowBuddy, on 11 March 2014 - 07:32 AM, said:

Yes, that was what I was saying. Although, to be completely factual, I think (I did not cross reference between the stats page and in-game) it will only show you how much XP was earned for each variant since stats went live or were last reset. Luckily there are relatively few of us who suffer from the first caveat and hopefully they will not wipe these particular stats (ever) so nobody will need to suffer from the second caveat.

My hesitance actually was more about whether or not the 'Mech stats page shows 'Mechs which you do not currently own (since I have not ever sold a 'Mech I cannot verify this directly). However I assume that it does, given that 'Mechs which have not ever been launched (but are currently owned) do not show up on the 'Mech stats page.

Mechs you don't own show up and stay in your stats. Dragon 5N(c) is my best K/D ratio mech and I don't even own a dragon! ;) :D

Yeah a mech needs;

Basic - 14,250 exp
Elite - 21,500 exp = 35,750 exp to have been elited
Master - 21,500 exp = 57,250 exp to have been mastered

That is the fallacy of this game, there are no worthless variants. Only bad game balance.

#10 ArmandTulsen

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:53 PM

How about the obvious: You decide you're going to master a chassis, so you rebuy a variant you previously sold?

Also, person earlier mentioned that it's lost MC opportunity. Somebody, somewhere, statistically, will be OCD enough to want to convert everything to GXP.

#11 Remarius

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBrighton, England

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:50 AM

View PostArmandTulsen, on 11 March 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:

How about the obvious: You decide you're going to master a chassis, so you rebuy a variant you previously sold?

Also, person earlier mentioned that it's lost MC opportunity. Somebody, somewhere, statistically, will be OCD enough to want to convert everything to GXP.

Sort of what you do when there's a bonus rate on conversion. Not sure why you'd sell it before converting gxp if you ever do do that. Actually who am I kidding if you're that worried about gxp just run out a good mech you mastered and stack it up.

Not that I ever sell mechs. :wacko:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users