End Match When Only Dced Players Remain

4 replies to this topic

#1 Void2258

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 500 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:10 PM

It's stupid that we have to sit around for 10 min waiting for the other team to find the DCed mech. If there are no players left, end the match.

#2 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:06 AM

Problem is thats not an option. People demanded reconnections so the dc's could be trying to reconnect and may not be genuine dc's as such.

#3 Trashhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:40 AM

+1

However i also agree with Firewuff.
If the game could monitor if a player tries to reconnect to the game and therefor would wait for that player I'm fine with this suggestion.

#4 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:56 AM

+2

"0 ping" and "Disconnected" players should be counted as "DEAD" by the game for the purposes of determining match outcomes in all modes except Conquest and Invasion-Defense.

Which is to say if the last attacker in CW is disco, the match should end. If the last guy in Skirmish or Assault is disco, the match should end.

It's not that hard, PGI. We'd love you for this.

Edited by Tarogato, 21 December 2014 - 05:56 AM.

#5 NUJRSYDEVIL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:04 AM

I agree, if your connection is so bad (lot of high pingers this morning) that's too bad for you.

IMO the programmers cave in too quickly and become apologists for those who degrade game play. Why does the voice of the minority get a trumpet and everyone else's wishes fall on deaf ears?

If you disconnect or take 70 (whatever it is) seconds to connect, why are the other 95% punished?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users