Clan Lrms Possible Balance...and Stuff

1 reply to this topic

#1 Just wanna play

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • LocationInside the Womb of a Great Turtle

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:46 PM

Just a little idea that popped in my head, perhaps to nerf the clan lrms that do not have a minimum range before they are properly armed, simply make them (the ammo) more likely to damage the owner when destroyed, also possibly open up the ability for the ammo loaded in a weapon to explode as well (Ex: ac/5 if loaded and destroyed has 20% chance to deal 5 damage to current internal health of containing component)

clan lrms DO have no min range, right?

Just remember when balancing pgi, it isnt okay for the clan mechs to be better then is mechs in every single way (cooler, faster, stronger, etc) but they SHOULD be better in some ways. I kind of fell the IS mechs should be able to match clan mechs in things such as fire power, armor, amm, BUT the IS mechs have to be hotter and slower, and possibly shorter ranged to match the clans. That sounds like the most balanced scenario. (think for example 6 ppc stalker to match that 4 er ppc clan mech in one of the packages)

and for the daishi to be balanced..... Limited fuel? lol idk.... seems to me like current hard points on basically all mechs make it pretty darn hard o match the daishi in ANY way. 5 degree torso twist? I always believe in
"Do not nerf the seemingly over-powered object, boost that which is underpowered n comparison!" Do keep in mind there is a difference between overpowered and broken in some cases...

Perhaps they could just simply offer "upgraded" versions of mechs that currently exist to help keep them around, like boosted flexibility to an extent as well as possibly increased armor cap

Maybe the title "Champion Mech" Can be the title for a special version of an IS mech that you guys build out of a certain chassis using what the player base feels would improve the chassis (for example, lovers of a certain chassis that possibly meet a certain stat requirement give insight on what would truly make the mech design shine to its fullest while still being that design, possibly making mastering the chassis a requirement to pilot it) after that chassis is felt to be simply no longer useful and out dated, giving it "one last hooray" it could possibly come close to clan mech designs and be mc only (think like 5 bucks at the most) it still will not be pay to win because clan certainly will not be inferior

Just some brain storming.......

#2 Just wanna play

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • LocationInside the Womb of a Great Turtle

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:52 AM

I guess for the champion they possibly could just mix all of the strong points of the variants and mix them into one special mech example: Champion stalker
Take the most basic stalker (i guess 4s, just regular stalker but also has dual ams)) then give it the increased torso twist of the 3F, the energy hard point in the ct (offers zombie ability) and 2nd missile hard point in a side torso of the 5M, and the 20 tube per launcher on the arms of the 3H, then maybe offer a sort of "Stimulus Package" for the IS players to pre order, then regularly offer them for c-bills to those that have mastered em after wards

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users