Who's Watching Me?

13 replies to this topic

Poll: Who's Watching Me? (25 member(s) have cast votes)

If I know how many are watching me...

1. I'll get stressed and start making piloting errors and such, please no I don't want to know... (5 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. I like the feel of teamates standing behind me, giving me some positive pressure which translate to more confidence in me. (6 votes [24.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.00%

3. I don't care if I know how many are watching me, such a number would have no influence on me. (14 votes [56.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:51 AM

One year ago I started playing MWO and since then it's almost a daily visit.

At that time after a few matchs I posted that I would also like to know how many spectators were watching me. You all know that when you spectate someone you see how many others also spectate that player and was wondering why we cannot see how many are watching us play.

Is it because it would put too much pressure on the player?
I think, at least for me, that it would be good pressure if any pressure there is.

So I'm asking you:
  • Would you get stressed being 1 vs 1 and seeing your 11 teamates are watching you? Would you start making dumb piloting errors like throw LRM at a target at your feet then you would feel bad because everyone saw you?
  • Or you would feel that everyone is with you and envy you to be the last standing man with a chance to win and you kind of feel extra power in you?
  • Or you could also not care at all if a number is showing how many are watching you.
edit: typos

Edited by Rhialto, 05 March 2014 - 12:48 PM.

#2 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,715 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:53 AM

Are we not men here lol.

#3 fandre

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:02 AM

I would say, that this number would not affect me but I'm curious about to know, if someone is watching me.

#4 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:34 AM

Every time I am in a match with Sean Lang/NGNG I have a pathetically awful match. I guess I'd rather not know if I am being recorded or broadcast. :rolleyes:

#5 Bobzilla

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:50 AM

Unless they disconnected, which you get a notification of, and your the last, chances are everyone is watching you. If you're one of the few left, and not fighting, probably noone is watching you.

It's kinda useless and not something i would want on my screen. But I really wouldn't care if it were added.

#6 no one

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 533 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:06 PM

No one is watching you.

Posted Image

Edited by no one, 06 March 2014 - 01:44 PM.

#7 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:24 PM

One thing I hate the most (and find extremely ironic) is criticism on my piloting skills from DEAD people.

Constructive criticism is one thing, but moronic jeers like "you suck" or "your [sic] an idoit [sic]" are just plain annoying....and distracting.

Edited by Bhael Fire, 06 March 2014 - 02:35 PM.

#8 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:26 PM

Who else always loses when someone announces that we're on twitch?

#9 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:28 PM

View PostSephlock, on 06 March 2014 - 02:26 PM, said:

Who else always loses when someone announces that we're on twitch?

Depends if they're on my team or not. :rolleyes:

Edited by Bhael Fire, 06 March 2014 - 02:28 PM.

#10 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:32 PM

View PostRhialto, on 05 March 2014 - 06:51 AM, said:

So I'm asking you:
  • Would you get stressed being 1 vs 1 and seeing your 11 teamates are watching you? Would you start making dumb piloting errors like throw LRM at a target at your feet then you would feel bad because everyone saw you?

Nope. They died, you didn't. The circumstances are always different though... like being the last one on the field after a massive brawl. Of course, if you were a complete chicken and waste of time, well, you're gonna get what's coming to you.

It's simply easier to imagine all you opponents as naked, and these are the Internets, so that shouldn't be a problem. Just worry about what you have to do to win.

• Or you would feel that everyone is with you and envy you to be the last standing man with a chance to win and you kind of feel extra power in you?

If you were having a beast of a game, you feel empowered to win. There's no guarantee of it, but you might be lucky or unlucky. Either way, you're it. NO PRESSURE MAN!

• Or you could also not care at all if a number is showing how many are watching you.

When you're the only one alive, you are the final star of the show... in epic win or epic death. Why should it matter?

If you're self conscious of people specing you, you're probably not doing a good enough job. Just do what you can and live with it. If you win, you're a hero and maybe gain some infamy. If you lose, you're just a guy and too bad.

#11 jper4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:18 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 06 March 2014 - 02:32 PM, said:

When you're the only one alive, you are the final star of the show... in epic win or epic death. Why should it matter?

If you're self conscious of people specing you, you're probably not doing a good enough job. Just do what you can and live with it. If you win, you're a hero and maybe gain some infamy. If you lose, you're just a guy and too bad.

almost had a heroic moment like that today in caldera. was running around in my cicada 3C trying to watch flankers and what not, pinging away with my AC 5 when they weren;t loooking. anyway match goes on and i run out of AC 5 ammo. then i run out of MG ammo and am left with my MPL happily pinging away at a victor (i think) who was daring to ignore my fearsome firepower, when suddenly i look up and it's 10 kills for us and 11 for them and i tell myself "oh crap i'm the last one left and all i have is a MPL." look around and find the second mech as i take off the arm of the victor(?) who still had a couple LLs (took out his srms though) and what do i see? a beat up atlas with PPCs.

tried to stay inside the atlas' PPC range with the victor is trying to draw out of my weapons range to make me chase and give the atlas a chance to waste me. put the atlas between me and it and pinged at it's shoulder as i ran by which suddenly exploded and the atlas died (or i just missed and hit the CT to kill it- or ammo explosion who knows?). now it's me and the victor again, it's CT is slowly turning darker while i start running out of limbs to twist the damage around on. got it's CT to red and then he killed me. :rolleyes: was the first serious usage of "ggclose" i can recall. was a fun match even though i lost. and i learned to turn that MPL into a ML to toss an extra ton of AC5 ammo in for next time.

though i admit i didn;t even notice if anyone was commenting during the fight or not and did think it would be seriously funny if a 1MPL cicada actually pulled out a win against a couple of big guys (sure they were beat up but still). but most of the time i don;t even notice if people are making comments as they spectate since i'm usually too busy running for my life or trying to finish something off to pay much attention.

#12 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:36 PM

sometimes I wonder if I'm being watched........ for now, I'll just depend on my sixth sense :rolleyes:

#13 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

I will just make this short and sweet. I think PGI should make it dead players cannot type or speak if we had voice. To many times I have to tell players to FUCKOFF and SHUTUP!!! as I try to win a match. I'm not a nice person and I am really not nice to idiot players that heckle me in the chat.SO here it is fore all those chat hecklers=

Posted Image

#14 Agent 0 Fortune

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:56 PM

Because people watching you cheat is the only method PGI has to detect game hacks. And even that didn't work until PGI fixed the printscreen function (they did fix that right?)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users