#1 RadioKies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 419 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:24 AM

Dear PGI,

Yesterday evening after a hard day of work I decided to finish off the day with a few rounds of MWO. Thinking that I would buy my next Victor en begin unlocking it's basic skills after saving enough CB for another Victor+DHS+Endo steel upgrade.

After taking extra care of not buying it with the wrong credit type (CB instead of MC) I upgraded the mech and started playing a round (and won). This gave me enough XP for me to unlock both the extra heat and faster cooldown skills. When I entered the pilot tree I could only see one button beneath my allready basiced (is that a word even?) Victor. Thinking, where the hell is the stats button for my second one. Untill I realised, oh no... oh no, no, no... Did I just buy a second Victor I already owned?

Heading back to the Mechbay my fear was confirmed. I did buy a second mech.

This was the first time I've ever done this in the time that I've been playing MWO.
---------------------

What I really would like to see added to the game is a popup-message warning you that you allready own the type, just like the currency and are you sure messages (which I can appreciate):
Do you want to buy this mech with MC or CB?
Are you sure you want to buy this Mech with $_Selectedcurrency?

You allready own this mech, are you sure you want to buy another one?
[Yes] or [No, I need think I glasses. Thank you game for warning me]

Thank you in advance,

RadioKies

#2 Melibane

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:30 AM

I can see your tip being very useful. I'm brand new to the game and I would like some sort of preview window where I could possibly look at what each mech has for weaponry, jump jets, etc. As of now I write down a couple of names and go look at the wiki, terribly frustrating. I'm sorry you bought the same mech because I'm sure it took a while to save up all that dough. I hope they help you out of your predicament.

#3 warner2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:07 AM

Buying and selling things in MWO is basically one big rip-off designed to trip you up.

If you email support and tell them it was a mistake, now, they may refund it.

#4 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:03 PM

View PostRadioKies, on 07 March 2014 - 09:24 AM, said:

Dear PGI,

Yesterday evening after a hard day of work I decided to finish off the day with a few rounds of MWO. Thinking that I would buy my next Victor en begin unlocking it's basic skills after saving enough CB for another Victor+DHS+Endo steel upgrade.

After taking extra care of not buying it with the wrong credit type (CB instead of MC) I upgraded the mech and started playing a round (and won). This gave me enough XP for me to unlock both the extra heat and faster cooldown skills. When I entered the pilot tree I could only see one button beneath my allready basiced (is that a word even?) Victor. Thinking, where the hell is the stats button for my second one. Untill I realised, oh no... oh no, no, no... Did I just buy a second Victor I already owned?

Heading back to the Mechbay my fear was confirmed. I did buy a second mech.

This was the first time I've ever done this in the time that I've been playing MWO.
---------------------

What I really would like to see added to the game is a popup-message warning you that you allready own the type, just like the currency and are you sure messages (which I can appreciate):
Do you want to buy this mech with MC or CB?
Are you sure you want to buy this Mech with $_Selectedcurrency?

You allready own this mech, are you sure you want to buy another one?
[Yes] or [No, I need think I glasses. Thank you game for warning me]

Thank you in advance,

RadioKies

Moving to Feature Suggestions.

#5 RadioKies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 419 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:05 AM

I would like to add, that Support was really helpfull, understanding and supportive.
So this is for Reppu:

Posted Image

Because a lot free2play games don't give a crap and just laugh in your face when you do something stupid or if it was their fault *caugh*planetside2*caugh*.

Edited by RadioKies, 12 March 2014 - 08:09 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users