Giving Teammates More Info About Each Others Mechs As Well As Giving More Authority To The Commanders.

31 replies to this topic

Poll: Many of your worries might be put to rest if you read the textwall. (58 member(s) have cast votes)

Should your teammates know more about each others mechs capabilities as well as your own mech capabilities?

1. Yes. This is a good suggestion. (45 votes [77.59%])

Percentage of vote: 77.59%

2. No. How dare you suggest such a thing? (3 votes [5.17%])

Percentage of vote: 5.17%

3. Yes. But only if i get the option to hide my mechs capabilities since they might become my enemies next match. (7 votes [12.07%])

Percentage of vote: 12.07%

4. Yes. But only my friends should know my mechs capabilities. (2 votes [3.45%])

Percentage of vote: 3.45%

5. I have a different suggestion. Please explain. (1 votes [1.72%])

Percentage of vote: 1.72%

Should a big map be displayed before the match so the commander can show you his plans?

1. Yes. With this tool in hand our commander will lead us to inevitable victory. The Skaven shall rule all. (50 votes [86.21%])

Percentage of vote: 86.21%

2. No. I'm the most tacticly brilliant person since Sun Tzu walked the earth. I take orders from nobody. (5 votes [8.62%])

Percentage of vote: 8.62%

3. I have a different suggestion. Please explain. (3 votes [5.17%])

Percentage of vote: 5.17%

Should the commander have the authority to shift teammembers into different lances?

1. Yes. This should enable us to perform better. (18 votes [31.03%])

Percentage of vote: 31.03%

2. No. This is a foolish suggestion. (6 votes [10.34%])

Percentage of vote: 10.34%

3. Yes. But only if i get the option to refuse a transfer into a different lance. (33 votes [56.90%])

Percentage of vote: 56.90%

4. I have a different suggestion. Please explain. (1 votes [1.72%])

Should an ambush symbol be added to the commanders/lance leaders toolbox?

1. Yes. I strongly believe i got the strenght of will to stand still and hidden for 1 minute. (44 votes [75.86%])

Percentage of vote: 75.86%

2. No. I cannot stand still. Must run. More coffee. (7 votes [12.07%])

Percentage of vote: 12.07%

3. No. There are other tactics that are more important. (6 votes [10.34%])

Percentage of vote: 10.34%

4. I have some other tactics that should be prioritised first. Please explain. (1 votes [1.72%])

Spleenslitta is...

1. a really nice genius who wants everybody to benefit. (16 votes [27.59%])

Percentage of vote: 27.59%

2. a fool who drools 1 litre into his keyboard every hour as he struggles to type. (10 votes [17.24%])

Percentage of vote: 17.24%

3. a typical megalomaniacal Skaven with a devious plan to rule us all. He skurries about doing his evil schemes all the time. (15 votes [25.86%])

Percentage of vote: 25.86%

4. he is....he is..... Please explain. (17 votes [29.31%])

Percentage of vote: 29.31%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Diego Angelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 471 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:06 AM

Make it so

#22 Prezimonto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:39 PM

View PostSephlock, on 10 March 2014 - 12:47 PM, said:

There should be an audible warning when you move someone out of a premade.

Like the sound of a crying baby.

Really, they should just TELL us who's grouped up on the interface, and lock those players together when shifting them between lances, unless the group approves a commander to split them.

edit:

I also LOVE the idea that the drop positions are shown for each lance on the map, and the commander can assign routes, commands, goals during the FULL 1 or even 2 minute pre-launch prep. This, along with better information on general mech loadouts (Indirect fire/Short range/Long Range/mixed(no dominant range)/Support (tag/narc/ECM/BAP) are really all you need to know in addition to mech variant.

Edited by Prezimonto, 11 March 2014 - 01:46 PM.

#23 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:59 PM

View PostPrezimonto, on 11 March 2014 - 01:39 PM, said:

Really, they should just TELL us who's grouped up on the interface, and lock those players together when shifting them between lances, unless the group approves a commander to split them.

edit:

I also LOVE the idea that the drop positions are shown for each lance on the map, and the commander can assign routes, commands, goals during the FULL 1 or even 2 minute pre-launch prep. This, along with better information on general mech loadouts (Indirect fire/Short range/Long Range/mixed(no dominant range)/Support (tag/narc/ECM/BAP) are really all you need to know in addition to mech variant.
If they are going to lock premades they also have to forbid them from provoking attacks of OCD. That means no dropping with 3 jagers and a trebuchet. It's 4 jagers or pick different mechs ;)!

#24 Prezimonto

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:05 PM

View PostSephlock, on 11 March 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

If they are going to lock premades they also have to forbid them from provoking attacks of OCD. That means no dropping with 3 jagers and a trebuchet. It's 4 jagers or pick different mechs ;)!

You sound like my wife. :ph34r:

#25 Chi Tatsu

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:25 PM

I like the MAP idea prior to launch IF/WHEN community warfare comes, until then it's useless. NEED CW!

#26 Dirus Nigh

• 2,382 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:40 PM

All good ideas.

I would like to make a suggestion, only commanders can see the whole teams load out, or mech stats. Lance mates can see their own lances stats.

The commander should be able to move teammates around in the prematch screen, however players who are in 2-4 man groups in a pug drop are locked into the same lance. Private matches, or matches for CW can be moved as the commander sees fit.

#27 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:53 AM

View PostChi Tatsu, on 12 March 2014 - 12:25 PM, said:

I like the MAP idea prior to launch IF/WHEN community warfare comes, until then it's useless. NEED CW!

What does CW have to do with this? I don't understand. Having the tools available to lay a good plan now should be a good thing whether CW is here or not.

Could you be so kind and explain why you have this opinion to me?

View PostDirus Nigh, on 12 March 2014 - 05:40 PM, said:

All good ideas.

I would like to make a suggestion, only commanders can see the whole teams load out, or mech stats. Lance mates can see their own lances stats.

The commander should be able to move teammates around in the prematch screen, however players who are in 2-4 man groups in a pug drop are locked into the same lance. Private matches, or matches for CW can be moved as the commander sees fit.

Yes. I can understand the part about players that drop in a group not being pushed into other lances.

But i think all the lances in the company would know each others loadouts since they are supposed to be proffesionals.
You don't ride in a huge battlemech unless you have some skill and a good head on your shoulders.
But that's just my opinion.

Edited by Spleenslitta, 13 March 2014 - 10:55 AM.

#28 Chi Tatsu

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:57 AM

Love to explain my view point...

If I'm in a game of random PUG's, which I am, in every game, because there's no CW, then this functionality serves no purpose for me because no one's going to follow the plan anyway.

When community warfare is available and we can do desired number of team drops (2v2, 3v3, 4v4 etc) then this serves a purpose for clans/factions that will actually follow the strategy and benefit from it.

Aside from this, I love the idea, and any doodling done on the map with the team prior to launch (60 second window?) should stay on the map in the game for the team to execute.

#29 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:23 AM

View PostChi Tatsu, on 13 March 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

Love to explain my view point...

If I'm in a game of random PUG's, which I am, in every game, because there's no CW, then this functionality serves no purpose for me because no one's going to follow the plan anyway.

When community warfare is available and we can do desired number of team drops (2v2, 3v3, 4v4 etc) then this serves a purpose for clans/factions that will actually follow the strategy and benefit from it.

Aside from this, I love the idea, and any doodling done on the map with the team prior to launch (60 second window?) should stay on the map in the game for the team to execute.

Thank you. I understand your reasoning. The PUG matches do tend to go in such a way.
But i often have PUG matches were the players give a go at cooperating when someone comes up with a plan quickly enough before the team can scatter.
These plans tend to be simple ones that involve flanking with fast mechs and using the slow ones to hold the center.

But with prebattle map with command tools more care can be put into the plan and players tend to be more willing the quicker they have a plan in front of them.
This is a trend i've observed numerous times and i rarelly provide any ideas for these plans myself.

And it's a good point that the plan should stay on the map as a reminder for the team.

#30 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:25 AM

Sorry, solo pugs dont want that so ... better luck next time OP

#31 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:39 PM

View PostZolaz, on 13 March 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

Sorry, solo pugs dont want that so ... better luck next time OP

Pardon me. I don't mean to be rude. I don't believe you can represent the whole PUG community all by yourself.
Just an observation.

#32 Albatroz

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:38 AM

I really think that a system that benefits players that follows the commander orders and give xp and cbills for commanders that win battles would greatly improve this feature.

I´m not saying that people that don´t follow should be punished in the way that tks are (although I dont think that a bad idea...), but simply giving bonuses to players that follow commands would slowly and unconsciously bring greater power to mechcommanders (as it should be).

This way we could force a more tactical gameplay until the other features come around.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users