Suggestion For Crimson Straight

5 replies to this topic

#1 Foxfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

Get rid of the platform and make it into a city.

As of right now, the games devolve into the same fight centered exclusively around the tunnels and the ramp area up to the platform.

Get rid of the platform, turn that entire area into a cityscape, and you will vastly improve the playability of this map.

#2 GutterBoy5

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 375 posts
  • LocationAdelaide,south australia

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:47 PM

& turn it into just another map like all the other maps we got, it's a great map. Great multi levels & plenty of other locations to fight.

#3 Foxfire

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:51 PM

View PostGutterBoy5, on 07 April 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

& turn it into just another map like all the other maps we got, it's a great map. Great multi levels & plenty of other locations to fight.

Which would be great.. if it didn't devolve into the same fight.. ever single time. It is all about the tunnel, the ramp, and occasionally the saddle. There are no other areas that are fought over with any sort of regularity.

It makes it nothing more than a boring, linear map. Especially considering that, on assault mode, the turrets cover the approach from the saddle for the side that starts on the east side of the map, eliminating option for the opposite side of the map as a viable assault path when there is any significant level of resistance left on the map.

I personally don't like HPG but at least that map creates a 3-d battlefield and offers enough viable attack paths to keep the map interesting.

*edited to fix a mistake*

Edited by Foxfire, 07 April 2014 - 03:54 PM.

#4 Papapeshu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 183 posts
  • LocationGosport, Hampshire. UK

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:17 PM

I've had plenty of scraps in Crimson where both teams are dodging around the skyscrapers or the "fuel plant" D6 area.
Granted, MOST of the time combat will be centered around the tunnel/platform area, D4/C3, but there's nothing wrong with that map that calls for a change.

...mebbe your team needs to look at tactics?

#5 Foxfire

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:24 PM

If i could convince people to fight elsewhere, that would be ice. Conquest is the only mode that has any sort of fighting in different areas that I've ran into. Otherwise it is all 'run to tunnel/platform and take pot shots' boring BS.

#6 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:38 PM

Look... I'm not a fan of Crimson Straits. I hate having so much of the map having overhead cover, but let's get real here, you need maps like this. There are large swaths of map where long range direct fire reigns king. Of course, just like in real life combat, it's stupid to go out there unless you KNOW you're safe or it's a good gamble you can use that area. I run LRMboats and I hate this map at times. The smart players know when to go under, when to not, but to say that it devolves into the same fight all the time is to either condemn your Elo level or to not think outside the box. Here's some examples.

1. Play on the other team's impatience and boredom and draw them out. Too many times, PUGs don't wait enough or the right way. If you kill one, you can fall back, even in Skirmish mode, and wait for them to push you in a tactically bad situation.

2. Play defense or move to a portion of the map and STAY there that offers you cover and them no protection from the usual dockside yard.

3. Use different portions of the map you've not used before. Ever hang out in A1 and ambush the enemy as they come in to cap? No? Why not? How about going into the back side where the train bridge goes off map and hide out there under all that cover, or even on the back wall from the saddle away from the city?

Try something new if bored and losing. Most maps have areas nobody goes because it's not normal. Start looking and learn.

Oh, and forget about changing Crimson straits as you're asking. It's a huge change and not going to happen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users