New Players In Fast/light Mechs Joining To Fill The Gaps Half Way Through A Game

4 replies to this topic

Poll: Light/fast mechs joining half way through battle (2 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want to see light/fast mechs joining half way through a game to reinforce a team that has been battling bravely -2 players (for example) for half the game

1. Yes (1 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No (1 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Mekwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:33 AM

Picture this:

You start a game, but there are 2 disconnects.

Your team battles the enemy but is loosing due to being down two. But half way through the battle 1 or 2 more mechs join and fill the gaps and although your team has had to play -2 for most of the game the surprise factor of reinforcements (maybe at a crucial time in battle) can counter this to some degree.

How about it?

I would suggest only light mechs can join at a late stage because of the long march required. No one would want to join too late just to march slowly to meet the whole enemy team as the only mech left by the time they get there.

Edited by Mekwarrior, 10 March 2014 - 05:54 AM.

#2 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:26 PM

they have plans to let DC's just reconnect if they get disconnected. I think I'd rather just have that.

#3 Dirus Nigh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:48 PM

View PostStingray1234, on 10 March 2014 - 01:26 PM, said:

they have plans to let DC's just reconnect if they get disconnected. I think I'd rather just have that.

This would be nice for groups. However it would be interesting if the match maker can detect a disconnect, then add in another player. I would want it done rather quickly, not half way through a match. With in 20-30 seconds would be nice.

#4 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:42 PM

View PostDirus Nigh, on 10 March 2014 - 03:48 PM, said:

This would be nice for groups. However it would be interesting if the match maker can detect a disconnect, then add in another player. I would want it done rather quickly, not half way through a match. With in 20-30 seconds would be nice.

definitely yes! I think when the count down timer is going, as long as there are still seconds ticking, it will kick and then replace DCs with another player. Of course, once the match starts, then it will no longer replace DC's.

#5 Mekwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:23 PM

My idea is to still allow light mechs to connect even half way through if no other players have already connected.

They could race into battle at a fast speed.

Edited by Mekwarrior, 10 March 2014 - 09:23 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users