Let Me Rent Out My Account

9 replies to this topic

#1 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:40 AM

Basically, let people that I designate have access to it, but be unable to sell anything. (Also, give me a button to reset all of my configs to the way they were before he started fiddling with them). That way someone else can experience the joy of playing with a lot of different mechs and weapons and modules, and I can finally get the poopier mechs ground up, and earn some c-bills in the process! I don't care if he gets half of the earned cash... or even 3/4ths.

I should be able to farm out my mechs like this and just live like a fat, lazy medieval landowner.

Or the stereotypical ******* landlord.

#2 Sug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:44 AM

You're losing it Seph.

#3 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:48 AM

.........................................................................................................

#4 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:01 PM

Posted Image

Seriously, I would already be doing this if not for the fear that they'd get drunk and sell everything.

#5 Goose Igaly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 282 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:03 PM

You're a funny man.

#6 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:31 PM

View PostSug, on 11 March 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

You're losing it Seph.

I'm worried about him. Get a priest, a psychologist, 3 cases of beer, 1 keg of scotch, 2 blueberry pies and a chewtoy please.
We're going to find out what's wrong with him. Poor fellow.

But seriously. With all due respect Seph....i don't think this idea has much merit.

#7 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:41 PM

View PostSpleenslitta, on 11 March 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

I'm worried about him. Get a priest, a psychologist, 3 cases of beer, 1 keg of scotch, 2 blueberry pies and a chewtoy please.
We're going to find out what's wrong with him. Poor fellow.

But seriously. With all due respect Seph....i don't think this idea has much merit.
But I don't want to suffer through the atrocious grind anymore, I just want to play the new mechs without hemorrhaging c-bills, and newer players want to try out the mechs and various combinations of equipment.. it's win freaking win!

I can handle it because i'm unique in that i have a seperate stomach reserved just for cake and icecream.

http://betterthaneng...ubara-japanese/

#8 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:14 PM

View PostSephlock, on 11 March 2014 - 12:41 PM, said:

But I don't want to suffer through the atrocious grind anymore, I just want to play the new mechs without hemorrhaging c-bills, and newer players want to try out the mechs and various combinations of equipment.. it's win freaking win!
http://betterthaneng...ubara-japanese/

When you put it that way i do suppose i understand. But even if it has all the merit in the world this probably won't be an idea implemented by the dev's.
They want new players to grind their way to a mech filled with all those goodies...or use real life money to buy it.

I get it they would just be renting it, but the dev's would most likely think of this as a sort shared account.
That would chop up their profit margins. They can't have that you know. ;)

As for the stomach thingie....i thought it was more like the 2nd stomach of a cow. Big LoL.
But now that you show me what it really meant it makes perfect sense.
I saw it on Trigun. A very funny anime that i happen to have on DVD. But you probably already knew that didn't you?

#9 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:18 PM

View PostSpleenslitta, on 11 March 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

As for the stomach thingie....i thought it was more like the 2nd stomach of a cow. Big LoL.
But now that you show me what it really meant it makes perfect sense.
I saw it on Trigun. A very funny anime that i happen to have on DVD. But you probably already knew that didn't you?

It does sort of mean that. And yeah.

#10 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:25 PM

i might have come across as trying to sabotage your thread with my post #8. Just saying i didn't mean to sound like a...a...jerk?
In any case with the danger of going dangerously off topic....they won't let us rent out our accounts because they are all about profit.
Who can blame them? They need to put food on the table too.

They have most likely hesitated so long to make a EU server for the very same reason. Profit margins.
MWO is a free to play game. Pay to Play would have been steady but with a F2P they have to be very carefull with everything.

They are probably looking at what happens after they introduce the clans too.
The clan package gets them a profit spike, but after that they don't have any more truly BIG single use moneymakerschemes left.
(is that last part even a word?)
This might be a good reason why they are so carefull as well. I can sort of understand them when you look at it from that angle.

When MWO runs out of canon mechs with 3 variants that come out of the factories less than let's say 3 years from now they must either make more hero mechs for more profit.
Or they need to make new mechs that have never been seen before.
Or they close down MWO when the moneyriver runs dry so they can make a new game....like...like....like.....
Pinball Zap Machine 2020.

That's life. And now that i have talked your ears off with my poor understanding of how to run a gamedeveloper company.
Let's get back on subject.

This was all just a shameless bump actually. Longwinded...but still just a bump.

Edited by Spleenslitta, 11 March 2014 - 02:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users