Community Warfare - Leagues

8 replies to this topic

#1 Chi Tatsu

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:21 PM

Does anyone have any feedback/timing of when league play will be available in MWO? Why can't a MMO type experience be made where we can interface with the other players on-line to establish league driven games from 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, 6v6, 8v8, 12v12 based on whatever people want to drop as. This was available over a decade ago with mw2, 3 and 4. I already left MWO for a few months and have returned just to see what's going on but still see no progress in this direction.

Mech Warrior is designed for group strategic warfare. Leagues drive engagement and interest, focusing on this will only drive your sales through the roof as people will have more of a reason to want to buy upgrades/MC's etc to improve their chances in league warfare.

I don't understand why it hasn't/isn't being developed, or maybe it is and just isn't understood where it's at in development?

Any feedback would be grealty appreciated. I don't know how much longer I can keep coming back to the same non-engaging combat against random peeps with no benefit to the effort. It's basically Call of Duty with Mechs. Can't both be available? Random drop, or league play control community warfare.

I would pay a one time fee to help drive server costs of $60-80, and MC profits would sky rocket.

#2 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:28 PM

Join a faction...you will find the game FAR more engaging...

#3 Chi Tatsu

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:31 PM

I am a member of Clan Jade Falcon, great group of guys. But without being able to join them in league warfare the intent behind the faction is irrelevant.

Perhaps I've misunderstood your direction.

#4 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:46 PM

MWO will not be developing league play. They are going with a community warfare technique instead. Player driven leagues already exist and they will be even easier to execute once private lobby systems are in place.

#5 Chi Tatsu

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:53 PM

So what is timing on the private lobbies... and when there are private lobbies will there be a public lobby that you can interface with the "public" to create/setup private games?

Thanks for some insight Lukoi.

I never intended for MWO to run/own the league, but create an infrastructure that supports it.

#6 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:21 PM

April 29th we get lobbies, both public and private (and premium private) and enforced weight class limitations on public matches.

#7 Chi Tatsu

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:10 PM

I hope you are right sir davers, would be great to see.

I bet leagues will be popping up left and right once all can join private lobbies and have a place to communicate/setup games.

Thanks for the info.

#8 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:27 PM

View PostChi Tatsu, on 12 March 2014 - 03:10 PM, said:

I hope you are right sir davers, would be great to see.

I bet leagues will be popping up left and right once all can join private lobbies and have a place to communicate/setup games.

Thanks for the info.

Well, Davers can only go by what PGI put out in their various methods of feeding info to the community ;)

p.s. there are like...3-4 active leagues right now, lol (at least).

#9 Chi Tatsu

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:13 PM

Glad there are 3 to 4... I'll be interested when you can do more than only 12v12 drops.

I'm glad Davers pulled some relative information for me, thanks again.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users