Ppc The Right Way?

68 replies to this topic

Poll: PPC the right way? (77 member(s) have cast votes)

What is the BEST way to have PPCs deliver damage?

1. Man-made Lightning (random arc spread) (24 votes [31.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.17%

2. Plasma Blob (energy LBX) (7 votes [9.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

3. Electrolaser (charge) (11 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

4. Electropulse (duration) (3 votes [3.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.90%

5. Voted No change needed (32 votes [41.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Mad Strike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:12 PM

No change needed. PPCs are snapshot damage long range weapons wich trade off is Heat....lots of heat....that means that people who chose to use them knows what they're doing and have the skill to manage its penaltis.

How i counter ppcs? :

-Get a couple of flamers on a light mech....they work very well against PPC builds....yes its a support role.
-Blow the energy hard point (obvious reasons)
-Don't go straight unless you have speed.
-Don't go on your own...PPCs are low DPS weapons.
-Get a narc , TAG or UAV on that "#$!!!.
-Gauss him.
-etc etc etc.
In short words....be creative...psycho way creative :rolleyes:

#62 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:15 AM

View Poststrikebrch, on 21 March 2014 - 02:12 PM, said:

No change needed. PPCs are snapshot damage long range weapons wich trade off is Heat....lots of heat....that means that people who chose to use them knows what they're doing and have the skill to manage its penaltis.

How i counter ppcs? :

-Get a couple of flamers on a light mech....they work very well against PPC builds....yes its a support role.
-Blow the energy hard point (obvious reasons)
-Don't go straight unless you have speed.
-Don't go on your own...PPCs are low DPS weapons.
-Get a narc , TAG or UAV on that "#$!!!.
-Gauss him.
-etc etc etc.
In short words....be creative...psycho way creative :)

That list can be used to "counter" any weapon, though. Instead of trying to tell people "learn to play", maybe something can be done in a creative way that actually makes the weapon more unique and "cool" while also balancing it against other weapons?

#63 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:43 PM

PPC's need spread damage, or greater falloff. The problem with MWO now is the fact that there are weapons that do incredible pinpoint damage at ludicrous range. Let's make the Gauss Rifle the only true high-damage sniping weapon, and make PPC's much better mid-range fighting weapons.

#64 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:08 AM

View PostTechorse, on 24 March 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

PPC's need spread damage, or greater falloff. The problem with MWO now is the fact that there are weapons that do incredible pinpoint damage at ludicrous range. Let's make the Gauss Rifle the only true high-damage sniping weapon, and make PPC's much better mid-range fighting weapons.

I agree, and Gauss should be the ideal sniper weapon, but I don't mind other weapons reaching out that far - just not with 10+ points of instant damage consistently.

#65 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:40 AM

A lot of people want to keep the PPC the same but continue to not given any solid reason as to why.

Edited by Coralld, 25 March 2014 - 08:42 AM.

#66 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:32 AM

View PostCoralld, on 25 March 2014 - 08:40 AM, said:

A lot of people want to keep the PPC the same but continue to not given any solid reason as to why.

Unfortunately, you can replace "PPC" in your statement with just about anything else in the game and it will still be a true statement. The burden of proof is on those of us that want to fix it, sadly.

#67 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:39 PM

View PostCimarb, on 25 March 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

Unfortunately, you can replace "PPC" in your statement with just about anything else in the game and it will still be a true statement. The burden of proof is on those of us that want to fix it, sadly.

To bad people will go for anything that makes them feel good over any kind of proof. Peoples reactions to the LRM buff has shown that. With LRMs being finely a threat, some people out their are uncomfortable with the fact that there is another weapon that can challenge their preferred meta and or point of view on what merits that allows a weapon to be effective.

Didn't mean to bring in the LRM thing in here, just that it was a great example. The point being that to many people allow their opinions and reasoning to be ruled by emotion over any kind of proof or evidence no matter how concrete it is.

Edited by Coralld, 25 March 2014 - 05:42 PM.

#68 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:35 PM

I timed this thread horribly for that very same reason. Very few people are going to support a PPC change/nerf when everyone is up in arms about LRMs right now. Oh well, I'll necro the thread once the LRM mania subsides...

#69 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:34 PM

View PostCimarb, on 25 March 2014 - 07:35 PM, said:

I timed this thread horribly for that very same reason. Very few people are going to support a PPC change/nerf when everyone is up in arms about LRMs right now. Oh well, I'll necro the thread once the LRM mania subsides...

Well I will be right behind you when you necro it.

I mean, really, after the LRM buff suddenly LRMs are "OP," but has been proven time and time again that even after the buff FLD Alpha meta cheese is still much better, and what's worse, people allow this to continue and they find this acceptable.

It frustrates me to no end.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users