I meant for TT....

#262 Riptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:06 PM

So lets see what we have here...

Russ having no clue what hes actually talking about and making stuff up as the topics come along... check

1 stalwart White knight fighting the evil hordes with his armor of logic resistance +10... check

Heffay... being heffay... guess he lost the rest of his power ranger team to the darkside or something... check

And alot... aloooooooooooooooooot of people shaking their heads at PGI/IGP... check

Funny thing is... its not even rage anymore like in the good old days of one year ago.

3rd person view... coolshots... the launch that could not... "Gold" Clan mechs... those where rage events.

But nowadays everyone is just sad when they look at little crippled MWO stumbling past them on his wooden crutches ghost heat and 3rd PV... while Mr. Scroo... i mean IGP counts its money and goes "BAH HUMBUG!" when anyone so much as mentions guild support or other basic features for online games that where basic ten years ago.

Someone needs to get visited by the 3 ghosts of gaming it seems...

Edited by Riptor, 27 March 2014 - 02:07 PM.

#263 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:54 AM

View PostRiptor, on 27 March 2014 - 02:06 PM, said:

3rd person view... coolshots... the launch that could not... "Gold" Clan mechs... those where rage events.

But nowadays everyone is just sad when they look at little crippled MWO stumbling past them on his wooden crutches ghost heat and 3rd PV... while Mr. Scroo... i mean IGP counts its money and goes "BAH HUMBUG!" when anyone so much as mentions guild support or other basic features for online games that where basic ten years ago.

Let's just quote this over and over, editing out the more insulting bits. (Still wish folks would realize that insulting any person on the MWO team, no matter how justified they feel in doing so, will not help at all. You cannot convince someone to help you or listen to you if you start your conversation with them by saying "Now listen here you incompetent tool...")

#264 Lysander Voidrunner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 505 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:51 PM

I'm not one for tons of negativity, but let's be honest for a second.

They are pandering to the "majority" and I can actually respect that. I can see that it makes sense. What I don't like about the majority, is that it's an artificial one. Most people are running solo because of a combination of bad press for units and the fact that finding a group to play with, in this game, is akin to climbing a mountain. Not a huge one, but still one that takes significant effort and has potential for serious bodily harm. I wonder how many people would chose to run solo over grouping up if they actually knew what it was like and MWO made it easy to socialize.

Essentially what I'm trying to say is that the game is strongly suggesting for people to play solo and then turns the ball around and claims that they will focus on the solo experience because that's what the majority wants... Not sure if I should laugh, cry or be mortified at this dastardly transparent evil plan.

#265 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

View PostLysander Voidrunner, on 10 April 2014 - 02:51 PM, said:

I wonder how many people would chose to run solo over grouping up if they actually knew what it was like and MWO made it easy to socialize.

Prior to their institution of the ridiculous 4 man cap on teams, the vast majority of players actually played in groups.

And that's according to PGI themselves, back then.

#266 Nekki Basara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:29 PM

View PostLysander Voidrunner, on 10 April 2014 - 02:51 PM, said:

Not sure if I should laugh, cry or be mortified at this dastardly transparent evil plan.
Laugh, cry, have a coconut. Welcome to the island bro.

#267 Lysander Voidrunner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 505 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

Can I twirl my moustache instead? I mean, it'd be super extra dastardly. I can laugh maniacally too.

#268 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:41 PM

View PostLysander Voidrunner, on 10 April 2014 - 03:40 PM, said:

Can I twirl my moustache instead? I mean, it'd be super extra dastardly. I can laugh maniacally too.

I'd be all for the nefarious chuckle, but I'm so uninspired it's just going to come off as

Mua

ha

ha

ha ha

ha

#269 Nekki Basara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:40 PM

View PostLysander Voidrunner, on 10 April 2014 - 03:40 PM, said:

It's a free island man, do whatever.

#270 Riptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:14 AM

View PostKraven Kor, on 10 April 2014 - 10:54 AM, said:

Let's just quote this over and over, editing out the more insulting bits. (Still wish folks would realize that insulting any person on the MWO team, no matter how justified they feel in doing so, will not help at all. You cannot convince someone to help you or listen to you if you start your conversation with them by saying "Now listen here you incompetent tool...")

Now listen here you incompetent fool!

Hrm.. yeah youre right... sounds a bit like i was a super villain and talking down to a henchmen that messed up.... and im not awesome enough to be a true super villain.

Thought if they cant take one or two jabs at their weakspots then they prolly shouldnt hang around the internet.. especially since Russ is also known to be rather... hmm... "snappy" on his twitter sometimes... so if you dish out you better be ready to take some too.

Edited by Riptor, 14 April 2014 - 03:24 AM.

#271 Von Falkenstein

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 563 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:09 PM

View PostRiptor, on 27 March 2014 - 02:06 PM, said:

Russ having no clue what hes actually talking about and making stuff up as the topics come along... check

1 stalwart White knight fighting the evil hordes with his armor of logic resistance +10... check

Heffay... being heffay... guess he lost the rest of his power ranger team to the darkside or something... check

And alot... aloooooooooooooooooot of people shaking their heads at PGI/IGP... check

Funny thing is... its not even rage anymore like in the good old days of one year ago.

This.

View PostRoland, on 10 April 2014 - 03:17 PM, said:

Prior to their institution of the ridiculous 4 man cap on teams, the vast majority of players actually played in groups.

And that's according to PGI themselves, back then.

And this.

I'm suffering burnout here. Can't even 'scream' at PGI anymore.

#272 GalaxyBluestar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:12 PM

View PostNekki Basara, on 10 April 2014 - 05:40 PM, said:

It's a free island man, do whatever.

did russ specifically say the island was free? or were they going to introduce a premium only admission, maybe later island dweller mc packs...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users