Mech Information Post Ui 2.0

4 replies to this topic

#1 PrettyPrettyHateMachine

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 16 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:04 PM

Looking for some help. So after UI 2.0 I am having some trouble getting the information I am used to. I am not sure if I can't find it, or maybe it isn't there. What I am lookng for specifically is hardpoint information. When I go to buy a new mech I want to know were the hard points are. Also, you used to be able to see the loadout before you bought it, so for example, can this Centurion put an AC 20 in the arm or not. So whats up, is the information there and I am not seeing it?

#2 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:28 PM

Firstly, Smurfy is useful and you can find things there. http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab The only Centurion that can place an AC20 is the Yen-lo Wang (CN9-AH got taken out of the game a long time ago). Secondly, click on the mechlab, and then click on purchasable there. The store function with this is bugged for some reason.

#3 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:11 PM

Yeah, you can get the number of hardpoints in the Mech Lab before purchase, but not their location.

They will be integrating Smurfy-like functionality into the Mech Lab. According to the newest NGNG Podcast, the goal is to have it in by the time the Clan 'Mechs hit.

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 16 March 2014 - 10:11 PM.

#4 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:50 AM

If you need to know how many crit slots a mech has in each location, you need ome very specific details and you're better off using a site like Smurfy. Mechs like the Centurion, victor, & Highlander have different numbers of crit slots in the arm dependig on variant so you need a lot of information specific to that variant.

Even with the coming smurfy-style mechlab overview, I don't see any indication you will get that full-page overview for mechs you don't own so we will probably still need 3rd party sites and the forum to get the whole picture.

#5 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:01 AM

UI2.0 was really a step backwards with regards to the Mech Lab, especially in regards to the OPs comments about not knowing what you're buying.

The smurfy suggestion is what I use as well. I build it in smurfy before I buy it.

Stock YLW

Jody

Edited by Jody Von Jedi, 17 March 2014 - 07:02 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users