We Ever Getting Something As Basic As Scroll Chat?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Xeven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:50 PM

Seriously. Nothing is as simple as a scroll bar...

#2 Pyrrho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 854 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:52 PM

Chat was my first "wait, why is this being implemented this way in this day and age" double-take towards this game. It has not improved in 2 years beyond fixing the bugs.

The bugs. That they had in their horrible chat system. This basic, can't even copy/paste into, character devouring system.

#3 Xeven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:23 PM

PALEAZZE GIVE US SCROLL CHAT. Also a damage report txt would be nice to see what is hitting for what...

#4 Dramborleg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:40 PM

Sometimes I wish this board were flooded with the same thread over and over, entitled "PLEASE ADD A FEW OF THE BASIC FEATURES THAT OTHER ONLINE GAMES HAVE SO THIS GAME IS SOMETHING LIKE PLAYABLE."

Maybe that'd be too subtle for PGI though.

#5 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:16 PM

Why? You don't need scroll chat. That's so 1997 technology.

#6 Vox Arcana

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:40 PM

I would love to see scrolling text implemented as well, if I had it while playing Everquest month one after release, why can we not have a bug free scrolling text and 2 years into this game? Oh and what of the text chat double posting errors, or my texts that disappear into the ethereal plain of bad code? Can we look into that as well?

#7 Mul T

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:03 PM

Yeah, i'm starting to lean towards the dev bashing crowd on these subjects:
- They dropped in a join friend section of the UI from the start but since we Still can't pick teams, players it's pointless anyway
- They dropped in the voice chat audio support - that still doesn't work or isn't supported or no one is using it
so the only real means of in-game comm is the frikkin single field text box for chat
so Yeah, how about you give us the 1997 scroll chat - & we'll all roll OleSkool in style

Just don't get how long this has been out & how much money some of us have shelled out to support it & how little the devs have done - Come On Devs, Can't you make this at least as good as Mechwarrior (1) from Activision - <jeesh>
& Please bring back the Full body Mech views for the Loadout in MechBay - the new interface is horrible compared the original
the original was the best because it mimics the FASA battletech sheets - We Want That ok Devs ..
Give us that BattleTech Center action we used to have at Dave-n-Busters - now That was MechWarrior ..

#8 Funky Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:39 AM

Chat programming must be lostech or something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users