• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:10 PM

View PostShredhead, on 24 March 2014 - 03:56 PM, said:

Thanks, seen that already, but not that part:

and divides it by the number of players (think he meant matches) played by the hundreds/thousands of players in total in the house

Oh, you know what, I didn't see that anywhere either. From what I understood it was just the 50 best scores of each team added up.

#502 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:19 PM

View PostDocBach, on 24 March 2014 - 04:10 PM, said:

Oh, you know what, I didn't see that anywhere either. From what I understood it was just the 50 best scores of each team added up.

TBH, I never "understood" what that extra "stat" was for until that was kinda explained to me just now.

Congrats Steiner?

#503 Tyranum

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:36 PM

Ended up as 532...at my highest I was still only around the 420 mark (wait...my highest...around 420...just noticed that). Anyway had a great time lots of good competition this weekend even if LRMs were blackening the sky the whole time.

#504 Bhelogan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 328 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:48 PM

52nd, 2024 was my score (just for the record, that was with about 3 hours of play time). So, everyone in STN top 50 had over 2K

#505 hYlAnDeR

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 47 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:08 PM

Congrats to the winning faction. You guys," House Steiner", pulled ahead early and never looked back. House Kurita had 2nd place until there was a push by Marik in the early evening hours PST and took over 2nd place. Then Merc Corp and Davion came out of nowhere and rallied hard to advance to 3rd, and 4th respectively.

I had a great time battling alongside and against you guys. I also learned a lot as well. Great Job all, hope we can do this again soon!

#506 Malieus

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 45 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:10 PM

View PostBlackcanni, on 24 March 2014 - 11:34 AM, said:

For those that made it in the top 10 of last House war tournament plz post your mech builds and stats in this topic:

http://mwomercs.com/...d-loadouts-plz/

And BTW anyone know when they gonna add the MC to accounts??

I hope more top ten players post in this thread. I've yet to hear of anyone other than myself that stayed top ten piloting lights only...

#507 Estonniel

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 70 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:10 PM

63nd. with 1,991 was basic in the top 50 for 2 days none stop. first sprint on Friday even hit number 9. yet the times that one sleeps the position just kept dropping. personal score got higher. yet position kept dropping. until one gets tired of the people simply waiting for your LRM's to nearly kill someone and then a random jump sniper or light kill steals your hard work.

got pissed and rolled out the D-DC brawler a bit in the rain chaos. rather fun storming the front again unseen and do a surprise Steiner fist in the face like attack. getting back on the right track back up but. had turned tired getting back up to 47. only to wake up the next morning in EU. to end at 63, of the how many Steiners out there ? cant say i did bad afterall. even escaped Protons kill hungry Gauss's a few times only to have later on face him again for yet a hard good game.

#508 Malieus

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 45 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:20 PM

View PostEstonniel, on 24 March 2014 - 05:10 PM, said:

until one gets tired of the people simply waiting for your LRM's to nearly kill someone and then a random jump sniper or light kill steals your hard work.

I hope you are kidding here...cuz where is the hard work in letting someone else mark a target for you while you sit behind cover 1000 meters away and rack up points? meanwhile your lights are out there working their asses off to keep your targets while getting ripped to shreds from all sides just so they can "kill steal off your hard work"

Edited by Malieus, 25 March 2014 - 07:48 AM.

#509 nimdabew

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 211 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:34 PM

Wow. i got 137 and I didn't try that hard in lights. I will try harder next time. Did everyone receive their steiner banners/stuff? I got the drop ship but not the other stuff.

Edited by nimdabew, 24 March 2014 - 05:34 PM.

#510 axe64

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:34 PM

i was a lrm boat but i brought my own tag and most of my better matches i was up infront fighting within 300 meters spotters help allot surebut i feel as if i were tagging my own targets to get up on the score board

#511 InRev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:58 PM

Did my part for House Marik. 16th with a score of 2165, every drop in a Raven.

Congrats to all those who placed in their respective houses' Top 10s, and congrats to House Steiner (********!) for winning overall.

Edit Note: Autocensor doesn't like the word for those who have no fathers. It's seriously no worse than that.

Edited by InRev, 24 March 2014 - 06:00 PM.

#512 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:02 PM

I believe the filter will let you call us shitheads, though.

:)

#513 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,590 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:39 PM

Steiner is #1!

#514 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:02 PM

View PostBrugas, on 23 March 2014 - 10:57 PM, said:

I am logged in... and that option is not there for me.

Then you weren't part of the tournament. If you were, your rank will show up right underneath the top 10 of your faction, like this:

Posted Image

#515 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:35 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 24 March 2014 - 03:09 AM, said:

Forgot to taunt the Liaos for their last place. Nyah nyah!

We also had nearly a thousand fewer matches than Marik. Not surprising, Liao has -always- been the smallest faction in online MW play...and Marik proved that quantity in a luck-driven matching system is a quality all it's own.

And for stat crunching:

The average scores for the top 10 players by faction:

Lone Wolves: 2258.9 (top player vs. average: +183.1)
Merc Corps: 2355.2 (+217.8)
Davion: 2338.6 (+186.4)
Kurita: 2302.6 (+79.4)
Liao: 2301.6 (+171.4)
Marik: 2350.5 (+280.5)
Rasalhague: 2294.1 (+106.9)
Steiner: 2330.3 (+99.7)

One would note that the mercs outperformed -all- the House units in individual effort, while the Lone Wolf faction apparently represents the equivalent of Periphery pirates at the bottom. The Kuritans were the most consistent, while Marik by far had the statistical jagged edges with two pilots at the top and the one in third being further back than some entire 1-10's were!

That's 258 points between #2 and #3, 406 between #1 and #10- Kurita has a mere 147 points difference between #1 and #10 by comparison.

Edited by wanderer, 24 March 2014 - 07:41 PM.

#516 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:42 PM

Also those who keep pointing out Liao did the worst apparently failed 3rd grade math. Liao sat pretty much in the middle when you calculate average score per match with Davions at the top and Lone Wolves at the bottom.

I'm going to guess that a good population of Lone Wolves are casual players or wannabe Clanners.

So who actually won the challenge? The score board doesn't show the top 50 players that the final winner is determined by. Another way is to see if that faction item has shown up yet in your inventory.

Edited by BlackhawkSC, 24 March 2014 - 07:43 PM.

#517 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:07 PM

According to the score board, House Steiner won by points. However as far as I know it hasn't been announced by PGI if the number of drops each team had will modify the final score or not like some people have been doing.

Edited by DocBach, 24 March 2014 - 08:08 PM.

#518 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:58 PM

View Postwanderer, on 24 March 2014 - 07:35 PM, said:

One would note that the mercs outperformed -all- the House units in individual effort, while the Lone Wolf faction apparently represents the equivalent of Periphery pirates at the bottom. The Kuritans were the most consistent, while Marik by far had the statistical jagged edges with two pilots at the top and the one in third being further back than some entire 1-10's were!

I didn't represent well (I'm burned out, feel free to dock my pay). However.. for the highest bidder, you must outperform your contract... then you get even more future rewards. It's a very self-sustaining system. :)

#519 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:36 PM

View Postwanderer, on 24 March 2014 - 07:35 PM, said:

We also had nearly a thousand fewer matches than Marik. Not surprising, Liao has -always- been the smallest faction in online MW play...and Marik proved that quantity in a luck-driven matching system is a quality all it's own. And for stat crunching: The average scores for the top 10 players by faction: Lone Wolves: 2258.9 (top player vs. average: +183.1) Merc Corps: 2355.2 (+217.8) Davion: 2338.6 (+186.4) Kurita: 2302.6 (+79.4) Liao: 2301.6 (+171.4) Marik: 2350.5 (+280.5) Rasalhague: 2294.1 (+106.9) Steiner: 2330.3 (+99.7) One would note that the mercs outperformed -all- the House units in individual effort, while the Lone Wolf faction apparently represents the equivalent of Periphery pirates at the bottom. The Kuritans were the most consistent, while Marik by far had the statistical jagged edges with two pilots at the top and the one in third being further back than some entire 1-10's were! That's 258 points between #2 and #3, 406 between #1 and #10- Kurita has a mere 147 points difference between #1 and #10 by comparison.

Stop trying to justify yourselves like a failed Maskirovka agent. Don't blame lack of points for lack of people. Only the top 50 counted, and you still came in short.

Nothing wrong with Liao being last place BTW. It's canon! :)

Edited by El Bandito, 24 March 2014 - 09:40 PM.

#520 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:55 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 24 March 2014 - 09:36 PM, said:

Stop trying to justify yourselves like a failed Maskirovka agent. Don't blame lack of points for lack of people. Only the top 50 counted, and you still came in short.

Nothing wrong with Liao being last place BTW. It's canon! :)

Statistically speaking, for every 4 matches there was a Liao player in, there were just under 5 with Marik ones. When scoring big depended on the randomness of the matchmaker, quantity really IS a bonus. Taking Lone Wolves out (because they were "Team doesn't give a flying fig about teams", being the disorganized mob and not actually an organized group in any sense), the #1 and #2 teams were also the #2 and #1 teams for most matches played. Only what I can only describe as Kuritan mediocrity can describe their low finish given the matches they ground out, having both the lowest top pilot score and the most consistently...well, unsparky pilots of the bunch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users