Bug Pgi Check Targeting Of Cone Damage Weapons

4 replies to this topic

#1 Agent 0 Fortune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

Noticed today that while protecting a vulnerable torso via torso twist and terrain, that cone weapons (Machine guns) ignored all intervening obstacles that would otherwise protect vulnerable components. If this is by design, please note it in the weapon description.

#2 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:18 PM

View PostAgent 0 Fortune, on 22 March 2014 - 12:57 PM, said:

Noticed today that while protecting a vulnerable torso via torso twist and terrain, that cone weapons (Machine guns) ignored all intervening obstacles that would otherwise protect vulnerable components. If this is by design, please note it in the weapon description.

I would guess that it is a bug. Since it's not tracking a projectile to the target, it probably randomly determines the hit location if the target is in range and in the arc.

#3 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:26 PM

that's true, machinegun bullets are not actual projectiles, they're just a particle effect.
the real mechanic is sort of like a laser i assume.

it wouldn't surprise me to learn that it can go through stuff like components and terrain.

#4 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:47 PM

Doesn't or didn't the same thing happen with AMS? It would fire through obstacles at one point? AMS works on the same mechanic as far as I know so it could be that

I'd definitely send in a support ticket on it

#5 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:04 PM

It works exactly the same as a laser, but with a cone of fire; this seems to be confirmed by the fact that when HSR is tweaked, lasers and the MG are grouped into one tuning pass, instead of grouping ballistics and MGs.

I'd guess that the discrepancy is due to the other player's latency, he saw something different than what you saw, and when he shot the server counted it as a hit. Hard to say without being there though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users