47 replies to this topic

#41 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:33 PM

one thing I love doing in my ecm spider sneaking behind the enemy then turning off my ecm to get right up next to them, I usually get 3 - 4 shots off before the mech i'm shooting starts to turn when i turn my ecm on again, and it's to late a that point

#42 Imofexios

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:55 PM

Got past 25 matches and cant wait to get using EMC :P
Not decided what class to go with though :/ but what i've seen those light mechs can really turn the battle ^_^

#43 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:13 PM

ECM not EMC. :) ECM mechs are Atlas DDC, Cicada 3M, Raven 3L (best in my opinion with ECM), Spider 5D, and Commando 2D.

If you really want a light, Jenners, Ravens, Firestarters, and Spiders are all recommended. Commandos and Locusts are best saved for later when you get a ton better.

#44 DjPush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:22 PM

I say be patient before everyone loses there stuffing. The release of clan mechs is just around the corner and It kind of feels like they(PGI) are making some changes to IS weapons in order to combat the release of the new clan tech. The devs have stressed the issue of clan tech being OP and their desire to keep IS weapons viable when it is released. It is just my opinion but this may be how they intend to balance things out and instead of unloading all these changes at once they are building up to the big one in June.
The novelty of lrms should wear off soon and balance will return to the game (maybe). I was pretty bitter when this first started happening and have made my fair share gripes. However, I came to realize that there is also a competition going on right now and that always brings the cheese out. Give it a few days and see if things change. PGI has putting a lot of new "stuff" into the game lately (as they announced in Dec.) and we just have to see where it goes. I think things are going to come together here in the next couple of months.

Edited by DjPush, 23 March 2014 - 08:23 PM.

#45 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:33 PM

He already has 2 ravens, should just grab the 3L with ECM/AMS and go back to having fun.

#46 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:56 PM

View PostElizander, on 23 March 2014 - 08:33 PM, said:

He already has 2 ravens, should just grab the 3L with ECM/AMS and go back to having fun.

My above post was directed to imofexios, but the OP should get 3L, it's a fun little mech.

Edited by luxebo, 23 March 2014 - 09:56 PM.

#47 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:20 AM

View PostFat Weasel, on 21 March 2014 - 06:53 AM, said:

Hello, I have been playing for a week or so and have gotten through the cadet bits n bobs and with the help of a bundle now have 2 ravens a x4 and an x2 nothing wrong with them up to now ... I have been getting around 300 points a match on occasions 500. I'm happy with this. But all of a sudden I can't do more than 200 points of damage without blowing up due to missiles nothing on my side of the game has changed both mechs have ams . Am I missing something fundamental to do with missiles ? When I get the warning I duck out of the way and the usual stuff, but my success rate is falling fast ! I am starting to get really frustrated.

Well you are running the two variants without ECM.....The biggest counter currently to light mechs is missles, whether it be LRMs or sSRMs. Laser's tend to spread the damage too much and its hard to hit the legs of lights. Ballistics have travel time and with lag, it can be difficult to hit lights in CQC.

Game appears to be working as intended.

#48 Enigmos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:14 AM

You, the light pilot, are the solution to the LRM monsoon.

Lights are the natural predator against LRM boats.

They can dump their whole load of LRMs on you and they will not scratch your paint so long as you are within 180 meters.

When you are spraying him with mediums he will try and shoot you instead of firing his LRMs. Run around and get behind him. Find cove and pop out to give him some coherent light on his legs or back. Duck back until he comes to hunt you. If things get too hot get the hell outta Dodge: You have interrupted the enemy and given your team some breathing room, allowed them to approach closer.

Better yet, nail him with a NARC and let your own missile boats get his bearing and range.

The biggest worry is that he will have the support of a good medium pilot who stays with him to provide a defensive screen, but the odds are that all the medium pilots will be out front pretending they are assaults and heavies and not doing their real job of protecting the sluggers..

Edited by OriginalTibs, 24 March 2014 - 08:15 AM.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users