List Of Approved Builds - Srms And Lasers Only!

51 replies to this topic

#1 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:37 PM

Given the stunning amount of QQ lately over the pinpoint AC/PPC meta and now LRMs I figure we should get a list of 'approved builds' going. I'm willing to consider LB10Xs but no other ACs, they're cheese. Lasers only - preferably pulse. The only SRMs allowed are regular, no streaks! I might be willing to consider LRMs valid if you have too few to get past more than 1 AMS. Say a single LRM10 launcher.

This way we can see who's 'noob' and who's 'l33t'.

I'm the first to say that there's plenty of room for balancing in the game but the reality is that LRMs are now viable for their weight and heat. They take a lot of coordination and reasonably competent teammates to use well. A mech with 28 tons of LRMs(2xLRM15A, 2xLRM10A) and 8 tons of ammo and 4 extra DHS (40 tons of weapons/ammo/DHS) is now comparably dangerous to a mech with 40 tons of ACs/PPCs/Additional DHS, (2xAC5,2xPPC, 5 extra DHS, 5 tons ammo) allowing for the indirect fire vs minimum range tradeoff that LRMs have while ACs/PPCs have pinpoint damage precision. LRMs also really need TAG and vaguely competent teammates to do well with while direct fire weapons can run just fine solo. Not going to quibble over those sorts of details. For the tonnage though an LRM boat is, with solid piloting, about comparable to a direct fire boat now.

For some people though anything other than lasers and SRMs with the occasional LB10X are 'cheese' or 'noob' or 'easymode'.

So lets get a list of acceptable mechs that people are not allowed to cry about. Mechs and builds, lasers, LB10X, a tiny number of LRMs maybe and SRMs. What do you bring to show you're 'l33t'?

#2 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:47 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 21 March 2014 - 01:37 PM, said:

Given the stunning amount of QQ lately over the pinpoint AC/PPC meta and now LRMs I figure we should get a list of 'approved builds' going. I'm willing to consider LB10Xs but no other ACs, they're cheese. Lasers only - preferably pulse. The only SRMs allowed are regular, no streaks! I might be willing to consider LRMs valid if you have too few to get past more than 1 AMS. Say a single LRM10 launcher.

This way we can see who's 'noob' and who's 'l33t'.

I'm the first to say that there's plenty of room for balancing in the game but the reality is that LRMs are now viable for their weight and heat. They take a lot of coordination and reasonably competent teammates to use well. A mech with 28 tons of LRMs(2xLRM15A, 2xLRM10A) and 8 tons of ammo and 4 extra DHS (40 tons of weapons/ammo/DHS) is now comparably dangerous to a mech with 40 tons of ACs/PPCs/Additional DHS, (2xAC5,2xPPC, 5 extra DHS, 5 tons ammo) allowing for the indirect fire vs minimum range tradeoff that LRMs have while ACs/PPCs have pinpoint damage precision. LRMs also really need TAG and vaguely competent teammates to do well with while direct fire weapons can run just fine solo. Not going to quibble over those sorts of details. For the tonnage though an LRM boat is, with solid piloting, about comparable to a direct fire boat now.

For some people though anything other than lasers and SRMs with the occasional LB10X are 'cheese' or 'noob' or 'easymode'.

So lets get a list of acceptable mechs that people are not allowed to cry about. Mechs and builds, lasers, LB10X, a tiny number of LRMs maybe and SRMs. What do you bring to show you're 'l33t'?

all options should be removed, and everyone assigned one of these:
HBK-4SP
This is the TRUE Church of Skill.

No LRMs or Streaks for autoaim. No PPCs and ACs for Meta. No ECM, no JJ, so no sneaky, no Poptarts. And then everyone is on identical footing, so then finally the game is perfectly balanced and it's solely about the skill you bring to the table. It is now the perfect multiplayer game. Bring on the respawns!

#3 Mcgral18

• CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:09 PM

SRMs MGs and lasers seem to be hard mode, especially in a medium chassis.

If the SRMs register, you can even do decently. Although I've had as high as 40% failure when using 22 tubes...pretty dissapointing.

#4 Rokuzachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 511 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

I love SRMs and Lasers. Pretty much all I use unless a variant I grind just doesn't have the hardpoints for it.

That said, the hit reg on SRMs are such damn garbage. The amount of times I've lost a close brawl because they failed to register on a stripped vital location is ridiculous.

The Kintaros seem to fit my needs perfectly. I've been performing above my average with builds like this;
KTO-18
KTO-20

When my buddy is on and running the same setup, we ninja backstab a lot of people out of action before they know what's happening - assuming we both aren't being plagued by hit reg.

Edited by Rokuzachi, 21 March 2014 - 02:25 PM.

#5 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:22 PM

very good point on the mech sizes - Mediums only! Lights, heavies and assaults are all easy cheese!

Just had a match with someone saying that LRMs sucked, that pugs were stupid, etc. The guy was in a frankestein K2 build and way off alone from his team where he got caught and ganked. he died because he was foolish. Then he said he was 'going back to 12mans, QQ PUGs!'

Classy, and classic.

SRMs with no Artemis! That's the way of it though. That and laser hunchies. We should all pilot mediums. Maybe Dragons and Quickdraws, they're just fat mediums anyway.

Certainly someone else has some solid 'l33t' builds?

#6 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:45 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 21 March 2014 - 03:22 PM, said:

very good point on the mech sizes - Mediums only! Lights, heavies and assaults are all easy cheese!

Just had a match with someone saying that LRMs sucked, that pugs were stupid, etc. The guy was in a frankestein K2 build and way off alone from his team where he got caught and ganked. he died because he was foolish. Then he said he was 'going back to 12mans, QQ PUGs!'

Classy, and classic.

SRMs with no Artemis! That's the way of it though. That and laser hunchies. We should all pilot mediums. Maybe Dragons and Quickdraws, they're just fat mediums anyway.

Certainly someone else has some solid 'l33t' builds?

I dunno, those Shadow Hawks are pretty cheesy too man. The only "honorable" medium is clearly the Trebuchet.

#7 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:39 PM

View PostFupDup, on 21 March 2014 - 04:45 PM, said:

I dunno, those Shadow Hawks are pretty cheesy too man. The only "honorable" medium is clearly the Trebuchet.

Damn it!

How are we going to play the game if every single mech isn't exactly identical with every loadout? We'd all be cheating!

#8 LoneMaverick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:45 PM

Pfff, Shadowhawks don't *have* to be all about the cheese.

SHD-2H

Pretty much my baby I've been running since they came out, shelved him for a bit when I got tired of getting alpha'd by the metatards and dying in 3 seconds. Now with LRMs to keep their heads down I can go in and mix it up a bit more. :rolleyes:

#9 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:31 PM

If you want real hardmode, I can give you some builds I run/ran in my Awesomes.
AWS-8T AWS-8Q AWS-9M classic and AWS-9M post ghost heat AWS-8R

#10 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:34 PM

ANYRHING THAT"S NOT STOCK IS NOOB CHEESE!@!!11!!!!

Posted Image

#11 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:53 PM

^
:rolleyes:

#12 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:04 PM

No joke - just got a 600 damage, 3 kill match in a Jag DD with 1xERPPC, 1xPPC, 6xMGs. It's 63.7 tons total weight because I refuse to blow the cash on a 315xl :P

It's still got two PPCs though so is probably considered 'cheese'.

Stock mediums only I guess? Admittedly most Awesomes are cheese-free, just because the chassis is so gimped. Still though - you can't have too many LRMs or PPCs - you cheating bastages!

#13 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:18 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 21 March 2014 - 08:04 PM, said:

No joke - just got a 600 damage, 3 kill match in a Jag DD with 1xERPPC, 1xPPC, 6xMGs. It's 63.7 tons total weight because I refuse to blow the cash on a 315xl :P

It's still got two PPCs though so is probably considered 'cheese'.

Stock mediums only I guess? Admittedly most Awesomes are cheese-free, just because the chassis is so gimped. Still though - you can't have too many LRMs or PPCs - you cheating bastages!

I run my Hunchbacks in "Stock+" configs; does that count?

HBK-4SP HBK-4P HBK-4H

#14 Fiaura The Tank Girl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 107 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:32 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2494e846bd352e8

Bestest assault mech I've ever owned.

#15 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:16 PM

ok, this are my builds; only l33t>

8T:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...591a088f4e4b7c3

9M:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e3d255be65f9db0

8R:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c36c373fd0db308

8V:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9f4a10e68f719f4

i'll post some video of it eventually but they do well often, and i refuse to use lurm or streaks

View Postaniviron, on 21 March 2014 - 07:31 PM, said:

If you want real hardmode, I can give you some builds I run/ran in my Awesomes.
AWS-8T AWS-8Q AWS-9M classic and AWS-9M post ghost heat AWS-8R

i tried that 8t build, it's terrible. the changes i made to it made it 110% better

#16 Dock Steward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 945 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:18 PM

Centurions?

#17 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:23 PM

View PostDock Steward, on 21 March 2014 - 09:18 PM, said:

Centurions?

No. Zombie Cents are cheese as well. :P

Edited by FupDup, 21 March 2014 - 09:24 PM.

#18 Dock Steward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 945 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:24 PM

View PostFupDup, on 21 March 2014 - 09:23 PM, said:

No. Zombie Cents are cheese as well. :P

Well sure, Zombie's. But what about an AL with 2 LPL's and 2 ML's?

#19 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:33 PM

View PostDock Steward, on 21 March 2014 - 09:24 PM, said:

Well sure, Zombie's. But what about an AL with 2 LPL's and 2 ML's?

If it is capable of dealing even somewhat threatening damage, it is sharp cheddar. :P

#20 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:38 PM

It's soothing for me to see so many people UNDERSTAND. See, if every mech works pretty much exactly the same and fights the same nobody will ever have to go through the traumatic experience of learning to deal with something different.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users