More Dakka, More Lazer, Mor Xploshions

12 replies to this topic

#1 Ishanaut

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:12 PM

Ishanaut here.
I feel that the weapons are going a bit stale. So I thought, what about new weapons?
Unfortuately, I cna't think of a statline but here is what I got:
Plasma weapons;just like pulse lasers, only with better range, more heat and more glowy
Gatling AC's and MGs; Absolutely chews through ammo, but guaranteed to mutilate mechs
Prometheus Lrms; (PLRM 1,3,5)regular lrms, but with greater accuracy and range. fires each missile one at a time
Rapid Fire SRM's; fires each missile one at a time at a high rate rather than all at the same time, for higher precision
and finally,
THE RAILGUN (this is actually a devastating gun capable of siking a ship in one shot)
20 tons, 25 damage, practically automatic hit as the projectile is faster than a gauss round and massive range (note:light mechs can't have this=too heavy
There you go. please give feedback on YOUR thoughts.

#2 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:17 PM

View PostIshanaut, on 21 March 2014 - 03:12 PM, said:

THE RAILGUN (this is actually a devastating gun capable of siking a ship in one shot)

please no

The game does not need a weapon that one-shots everything.

Edited by armyunit, 21 March 2014 - 03:19 PM.

#3 Iqfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:19 PM

Goes to forum, sees thread title, disagrees.

#4 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:00 PM

Gauss Rifle is a railgun.

I'm too tired to this thread. :rolleyes:

#5 Turist0AT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:35 PM

yes please, more fun guns.

#6 zagibu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:59 PM

Please, AK-47.

#7 TehSBGX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 911 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:04 PM

I want to face palm at this... But I don't think I can do it hard enough.

#8 Funky Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:16 PM

View Postzagibu, on 21 March 2014 - 05:59 PM, said:

Please, AK-47.

All I think of when I see that comment is this.

#9 Hollow Earth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 300 posts
  • LocationIntergalactic House of Pancakes

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:17 PM

Well, you will have to wait until the Jihad for Plasma weapons. like the Liao Plasma Rifle which to my understanding, functions like an AC/10 crossed with a PPC that causes heat on impact and uses ammo.

Gatling AC's would be the FedCom's Rotary series. which is years off.

Promethium LRM's i guess would be Arrow IV missles

Rapid Fire SRM's would be... Medium range Missiles? (feel free to correct me on this)

And the RailGun, that would be the Lyran heavy Gauss Rifle. (or at least close to it)

Your ideas do have a Battletech version. but not in this current timeline. maybe when PGI does a timeskip update or something. that would be nice :rolleyes:

Edited by Hollow Earth, 21 March 2014 - 06:18 PM.

#10 Straylight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 535 posts
  • LocationHarlech, Outreach

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:41 PM

Most of these (will) exist, but don't come around for another ten or twenty years. Unless PGI decides to accelerate their timeline, don't expect to see most of them in MWO.

View PostIshanaut, on 21 March 2014 - 03:12 PM, said:

Plasma weapons;just like pulse lasers, only with better range, more heat and more glowy

X-Pulse Lasers; 3070s technology. (Actual plasma rifles are essentially giant flamers, and are late-3060s.)

Gatling AC's and MGs; Absolutely chews through ammo, but guaranteed to mutilate mechs

Rotary Autocannons from the early 3060s; up to six times the firing rate of a standard AC, but massive heat, ammo and reliability problems, and only available in RAC/2 and RAC/5 flavors.

Prometheus Lrms; (PLRM 1,3,5)regular lrms, but with greater accuracy and range. fires each missile one at a time

Extended LRMs; developed in 3054 to offset Clan range superiority, but they cannot benefit from Artemis, NARC or TAG and have an increased minimum range. There's a decent chance we'll see these in MWO someday, but not soon.

Also, Thunderbolt Missiles, developed on Solaris, which fire a single large missile over similar range to LRMs. 3050s tech, technically, but rare and niche-use. I don't expect to ever see these.

And finally, the Arrow IV Artillery System. Not a tactical missile system like LRMs so much as a smallish cruise missile, in TT they have a range of 8 maps (136 hexes), or a little over 4km. The IS (re)developed these in 3044, so we ought to have them, but technical limitations might be preventing it for the moment. The Catapult CPLT-C3 is the posterchild Arrow launcher.

Rapid Fire SRM's; fires each missile one at a time at a high rate rather than all at the same time, for higher precision
and finally,

Clan Hell's Horses sort of developed something like this with Advanced SRMs in the late 3050s, but those are meant for battle armor.

Medium Range Missiles (3058) also roughly fit the bill, being dead-fire and unguided but producing massive salvoes (up to 40 missiles per launcher)

In the late 3050s, Clan Coyote also developed the Advanced Tactical Missile system, which can select multiple firing modes much like an LB-X Autocannon (is supposed to be able to).

20 tons, 25 damage, practically automatic hit as the projectile is faster than a gauss round and massive range (note:light mechs can't have this=too heavy

3061's Heavy Gauss Rifle.
Spoiler

#11 Ishanaut

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:48 PM

Okay, we can scrap the railgun, it is far too OP. it is actually a semiautomatic cannon that fires heavy metal shells at mach 7 causing air to catch fire, and once you hit something its basically dead

View PostTehSBGX, on 21 March 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

I want to face palm at this... But I don't think I can do it hard enough.

then dont face palm silly, shoot yourself with an AC20 in the head

View PostStraylight, on 21 March 2014 - 07:41 PM, said:

Most of these (will) exist, but don't come around for another ten or twenty years. Unless PGI decides to accelerate their timeline, don't expect to see most of them in MWO.

X-Pulse Lasers; 3070s technology. (Actual plasma rifles are essentially giant flamers, and are late-3060s.)

Rotary Autocannons from the early 3060s; up to six times the firing rate of a standard AC, but massive heat, ammo and reliability problems, and only available in RAC/2 and RAC/5 flavors.

Extended LRMs; developed in 3054 to offset Clan range superiority, but they cannot benefit from Artemis, NARC or TAG and have an increased minimum range. There's a decent chance we'll see these in MWO someday, but not soon.

Also, Thunderbolt Missiles, developed on Solaris, which fire a single large missile over similar range to LRMs. 3050s tech, technically, but rare and niche-use. I don't expect to ever see these.

And finally, the Arrow IV Artillery System. Not a tactical missile system like LRMs so much as a smallish cruise missile, in TT they have a range of 8 maps (136 hexes), or a little over 4km. The IS (re)developed these in 3044, so we ought to have them, but technical limitations might be preventing it for the moment. The Catapult CPLT-C3 is the posterchild Arrow launcher.

Clan Hell's Horses sort of developed something like this with Advanced SRMs in the late 3050s, but those are meant for battle armor.

Medium Range Missiles (3058) also roughly fit the bill, being dead-fire and unguided but producing massive salvoes (up to 40 missiles per launcher)

In the late 3050s, Clan Coyote also developed the Advanced Tactical Missile system, which can select multiple firing modes much like an LB-X Autocannon (is supposed to be able to).

Spoiler

This mat sound extremely noobish, but i had no idea that there were something like these guns;because (whisper) i have no clue about the timeline and battletach

#12 Ishanaut

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:54 PM

View PostStraylight, on 21 March 2014 - 07:41 PM, said:

Spoiler

Actual plasma is a searing hot energy capable of vaporising most vehicles. in the game i thought a super pulse laser that could supply a house with enough heat for a month.

Edited by Ishanaut, 21 March 2014 - 11:54 PM.

#13 Hans Von Lohman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:55 PM

BattleTech as a LOT more weapons, but for now it isn't a priority.

In the near term we will be getting the weapons for the Clan mechs this summer.

They have UAC autocannons for all four types. Yes, UAC-20's are on the way. Also, they get LB-X autocannons for all four sizes.

Interestingly they do not have standard autocannons. A Clan mech will only have UAC's or LB-X guns. No "Jeager-bombs" with dual AC-20's for them. You either put up with jams or use shotguns.

Also, the Clans get Streak SRM missile launchers for all three sizes of short range missiles.

After that the new wave of weapons start to appear.

Yes, BattleTech has plasma guns (they're "stun guns" causing heat and shut downs), and "Heavy" lasers, and rotary autocannons, and more kinds of missile launchers, rockets, Heavy PPC's, snub nosed PPC's, Light reactors (halfway between an Extra-light and a standard engine), laser anti-missile systems, light autocannons, armor piercing autocannon ammo, precision autocannon ammo (it steers towards the target), targeting computers, Heavy and Light Gauss rifles, Hyper-Assault Gauss rifle (the "HAG" that fires bursts of small rounds instead of solid shot), Light and Heavy gyros, Improved jump jets, ER lasers in all sizes, Machinegun arrays, Advanced Tactical Missile Launcher (fires both SRM's and LRM's and a 3rd intermediate sized missile), Thunder LRM's (one large missile instead of swarms of little ones), Medium Ranged missiles, Inferno SRM ammo (does heat, not damage, like a flamer vs a laser), ect, ect, ect.

We got new weapon types covered already in the lore of the game. It just won't be happening any time soon other than the new Clan weapons this summer.

Edited by Hans Von Lohman, 22 March 2014 - 12:03 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users