We Need A Pure Brawling Map.

4 replies to this topic

#1 Funky Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:10 AM

Just dropped in river city a few moments ago and came across two ECM Atlai while walking around in lower city in my brawler Banshee.

The fight was rather short and I obviously died, but for the first time in so long.... I felt like I was playing a real mechwarrior game, walking around the streets trying to get a good shot off between the building. Having mechs in your sight that actually came for you and did some actual fighting instead of humping hills all day. It was exiting and fun! I could care less that I lost, I want more moments like that!

Brawling is fun and we need more of it!

#2 Eximar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationStill living in 3025

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:16 AM

Jungle map is on the way. Hopefully, it will mostly be short sightlines and brawler friendly.

#3 Mazzyplz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:20 AM

frozen city is the brawl map.

did you miss it?

play again you'll probably drop on it, maybe you didn't play on it yet.

#4 Funky Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:33 AM

View PostMazzyplz, on 22 March 2014 - 06:20 AM, said:

frozen city is the brawl map.

did you miss it?

play again you'll probably drop on it, maybe you didn't play on it yet.

I have played it, all I find there is poptarts and lrm spam, besides I never get that map when I have good brawler mech. And that map is a little too small for 12v12 so when there is a brawl it's just chaos and/or steamrolling.

then there's the whole issue of getting your team to follow into the brawl.

#5 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:51 AM

View PostFunky Bacon, on 22 March 2014 - 06:33 AM, said:

I have played it, all I find there is poptarts and lrm spam, besides I never get that map when I have good brawler mech. And that map is a little too small for 12v12 so when there is a brawl it's just chaos and/or steamrolling.

then there's the whole issue of getting your team to follow into the brawl.

true, a real brawl map doesn't allow fighting "over" objects....such as an urban city with VERY TALL buildings that reach high up into the sky. Can you imagine entering a map like that with a pure LRM Stalker? I remember in MW4, there was a popular multiplayer map that was all urban except for the very center of the map was like a small green park area...that might be fun, and would at least allow some flexibility for Long Range builds. Another brawl map that might be fun is a multi-layered edifice...kind of like an arena. I saw something like that on another mechanized game, and in the corners were small ramps to get to the next level, Team 1 started on Lower level 1, while team 2 started on higher level 4. Ah....all interesting thoughts I guess, mostly just speculation.......................

Edited by Stingray1234, 22 March 2014 - 11:52 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users