Premium Time Usage Toggle

10 replies to this topic

#1 Dark Jackal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:24 AM

Is there a way to say toggle Premium time usage instead of a flat use it or lose it?

For example, If I have 30 days and I only want to use 7 days, is there currently a way to stop the Premium time usage at 7 days?

#2 Fut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:25 AM

View PostDark Jackal, on 26 March 2014 - 08:24 AM, said:

Is there a way to say toggle Premium time usage instead of a flat use it or lose it?

For example, If I have 30 days and I only want to use 7 days, is there currently a way to stop the Premium time usage at 7 days?

Unfortunately not.
The best way I can figure to use Premium Time, is to drain all of your banked time, then purchase PT 1 day at a time.

#3 John Archer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 402 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:45 AM

What needs to happen is the players have to post to whatever Feedback forum is appropriate /and/ write to support@mwomercs.com, damn near repeatedly, until the devs finally give in and let Premium Time pause when the player is offline.

Otherwise what you are doing is basically just giving them free money.

What they do not realize (I guess, or maybe they just do not care and are simply money grubbers) is that people have lives outside of this game. Many play for a few hours a day or even a week. Some have real life emergencies or issues that arise which can keep them offline for a great length of time.

Soooo... Joe the Player buys a week of Premium Time. He/she activates said Premium Time and manages to play for one day. Then real life pulls a fast one and Joe the Player suddenly cannot play for 6 days. PGI just got free money. The player just got effectively robbed.

Yeah, I know, a long reply which could be condensed to one sentence.

I wanted to get this point across. :)

Write to them folks. Ride them. Get them to listen and act.

#4 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:54 AM

I think similar to John above. Like many here I have a live outside being able to play a few hours a week. I was gifted 9 days but I don't think I will ever use it. Sure I haven't paid for those 9 consecutive days but even then, I would feel it's a waste to start the counter while I will maybe be able to play only 6-7 hours out of a possible 216. In fact I try to think of the best moment to activate it, like a full week where I would be alone, girlfriend gone with daughters, or something similar and it's very hard.

If this can start PGI to think of a better system, consider I will never buy PT because of how it is currently implemented. But then again I'm not the kind of player to invest a lot of money into games.

Edited by Rhialto, 26 March 2014 - 08:56 AM.

#5 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:59 AM

We're not likely to get PT to pause without the amount we get changing significantly, OR they make a pause an MC purchasable item (I like that better). Want to pause your current PT? 250 MC. Or 10 MC per day remaining. Or something else. That's probably the best way to do it that allows the freedom for players to pause it, while also not causing other potential issues (Folks who drop out and log off of a match the second they die to preserve PT).

#6 Caswallon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 540 posts
  • LocationArboris

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:01 AM

This is the reason I have NEVER bought PT and NEVER Will. Oh sure I have had some from freebies or built in with the Overlord Package but bought as a stand alone.

NOT
ONE
SINGLE
TIME

PGI your so missing out on a great revenue stream here as people feel they are getting poor value wit PT. If you made MORE expensive but added a Toggle then folks would buy it!

Frankly by your own admission the game is not yet fully optimised so WHY would we use PT if next patch we might get a bug? If you had a toggle we would use it still as we knew if a bug or y'know REAL LIFE made us take a break we had not been robed of our banked PT..

Please get a real marketing man on board...

#7 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:03 AM

The only thing that would happen is that they would change the pricing structure. Instead of $40 for 30 days (or however the pricing is now, sorry haven't actually purchased premium time yet) they'd just make it $40 for 60 hours or however many hours the average player played in a month.

However, I do think it is more than reasonable to be able to use premium time in chunks equivalent to purchasable alotments. You can purchase a week of premium time at a time, and only use that week at a time, but if you have a week of time banked already, you have to use it ALL at once which is rather silly. And also one of the main factors discouraging me from 1) using any of my banked premium time (100 something days now) and 2) buying any more since I'm not using what I have.

Edited by LauLiao, 26 March 2014 - 09:06 AM.

#8 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,662 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:19 AM

Premium time is a risk. If you don't use it, you waste it. If you aren't comfortable with that risk, get a hero mech instead to grind with. If there was a pause button, then you'd simply buy a month of premium time and extend it to last a year. That's not monetarily beneficial for PGI unless they charge drastically more for premium time. Would you rather have that?

#9 MadMordigan1

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:38 AM

...Or just let us buy it on per game basis.

Like 100 games of premium time = X amount of dollars.

#10 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:21 AM

The OP's questio has been succintly answered. This is not the appropriate forum to rant about your dissatisfaction with the implementation.

#11 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:11 PM

Further explanation...

Other games have a monthly subscription fee. It doesn't matter if you log in every day of the month, or only one day of the month, you still pay the same fee.

Premium Time is this game's subscription.

If you have banked Premium Time, that means you got it with a package deal, and the Premium Time was included free. Therefore, you lose nothing even if you can only log in for one day of the free Premium Time.

There are two solutions:

1. Buy Premium Time one day at a time, only when you know for sure you will have a day with a good amount of play time.

2. Buy Premium Time in the 360-day package. It works out to be $8 per month, which is cheaper than any other subscription fee out there.

View PostFut, on 26 March 2014 - 08:25 AM, said:

...is to drain all of your banked time, then purchase PT 1 day at a time.

You don't have to drain all of your banked time. You can buy Premium Time while keeping your existing time banked.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users