#21 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:23 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 23 March 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

Make it 1.5 tons. 10 shots/ton. Just don't make it light a target up for that long; I'd say give it 30 seconds without a hit, or after a hit 3 seconds. that simple.

If it's being nerfed that hard, make it only take up a single slot. I want to throw it in my SHD's head.

#22 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:32 AM

Nerfed that hard? Dude... it's going to do everything it does now, just that it doesn't keep the target lit up for more than 3 seconds AFTER it's hit. I'd still say 1 slot though - honestly, make it stat-wise like an SSRM. It's a support weapon and it's ammo dependent, unlike TAG. Benefit being target is lit up 30 seconds after you leave, until he gets hit. Then it's 3 seconds. That's still 3x as long as TAG and doesn't require you to stay on target. Also it provides a grouping perk.

That's plenty.

#23 Ashan An

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:51 AM

If you nerf NARC this way than it would be simply unusable beacuse as soon as you get narced one of your teammates can hit you with a span of a laser and the NARC would drop ...

Narc is fine and if you really have problems with it just stack a pair of ams and you are pretty much garuanteed that the missile gets destroyed before hitting (1 ams should have about 80% chance of taking it down if i remember correctly)

#24 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:55 AM

So make NARC require LRM damage. You're also giving people way, way too much credit.

One AMS per mech, save certain chassis. Also 1 AMS absolutely does NOT have an 80% chance of shooting down NARC. I've never had my NARC shot down and I've narked like 50 mechs.

#25 Kyrs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 176 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:06 PM

The narc can be shoot down by the ams system. You'll just need to stay closer to your lances ams, you can't expect us to pity you if your neglecting the ams system because of your mighty ECM bubble. Sorry to Burst your Bubble.

But then again if you ams is busy shooting other missiles ....the narc has very high chance to hit

Those dual ams with range extension module seem very effective against a narc.

Edited by Kyrs, 23 March 2014 - 12:10 PM.

#26 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:12 PM

To clarify -

I've watched a dozen times some poor ******* on Caustic vape when I narc him in my Jenner. I've been in a D-DC, standing with 4 or 5 other mechs, gotten NARCed and just dissolved under LRM fire. I've been in my HGN 733 with 50 tubes and when I see someone come up with NARC on any of those maps I have never failed to kill them - ever. The only question is which of the LRM boats on my team get the killng launch.

I've never had a NARC get shot down. Maybe I'm just lucky. I've never seen someone stand under a rain of 100-120 LRM tubes and shrug it off for the time NARC lasts.

#27 Inappropriate9958811

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 28 posts
  • LocationOrange County

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:33 PM

Wait, so lurms are fine, but it's also fine that they get nerf'd?
You my friend, are a hypocrite who probably plays an ecm atlas

#28 Daekar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:48 PM

Flatten LRM trajectory for long range fire. Problem solved.

#29 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:50 PM

I agree that NARC was overbuffed. NARC should not defeat ECM. That was a really stupid decision.

ECM is supposed to counter LRMs. But when ECM has so many counters that its no longer able to counter LRMs it defeats the purpose of ECM.

Which means ECM needs less counters.

Edited by Khobai, 23 March 2014 - 01:01 PM.

#30 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:59 PM

View PostInappropriate9958811, on 23 March 2014 - 12:33 PM, said:

Wait, so lurms are fine, but it's also fine that they get nerf'd?
You my friend, are a hypocrite who probably plays an ecm atlas

There are a lot of things I could respond that wouldn't be helpful or polite but almost certainly accurate.

By the way? If you did read, even in the first post, I do play a D-DC. Often. What does that have to do with anything?

LRMs are fine. They could stand a tweak to be a smidge slower. NARC is fine. Could stand a tweak to handle the problem with FoD on some maps in some circumstances. That's it.

View PostDaekar, on 23 March 2014 - 12:48 PM, said:

Flatten LRM trajectory for long range fire. Problem solved.

Not a bad solution but it blocks a lot of indirect options for LRMs. Why not just tweak NARC a little bit to make it more of a repeat weapon instead of 1 hit and run away?

#31 LORD TSARKON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 776 posts
  • LocationButtmunch City

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:03 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 23 March 2014 - 08:30 AM, said:

I like the current NARC, though I was one of the few to get my lance to buy in on the old NARC being viable, if not ideal. It also gave me an excuse to run a 3L Raven as something other than a Ghost Sniper. Now, I am wishing I hadn't gotten bored and sold the little guy off, as NARCing is their business, and business is good.

I feel the same way... I sold my ole RAven 3L after the ECM nerf back in May 2013... ( Remember when people would run away at the sight of a RAven 3L? The Ultimate Light Hunter killer...

Now I wish I kept it.... this Narcing business sounds fun

#32 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:06 PM

NARC is alright but it's terribly team dependent. Too feast/famine IMO if you're pugging. It's a lot of tonnage to gamble.

Hence I say 1.5 tons, 1 slot, 10 shots/ton ammo. You can justify it for pugs without it being a lotto ticket - just a solid performer for the weight.

#33 Rashhaverak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationMajestic Waterfowl Sanctuary

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:10 PM

Narc is finally useful. Thank God! It's about time. It's hardly OP. I still have only seen a couple in use since the patch. It's hardly everywhere.

#34 OneEyed Jack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:15 PM

View Poststjobe, on 23 March 2014 - 07:43 AM, said:

Now that Narc finally is worth its insane weight (3 tons, 1 ton more than a SRM-6) and low ammo count (12 shots per ton) you want to nerf it?

um... SRM6 is 3 tons...

Just sayin'. ^_^

#35 Ravnis

• PipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:32 PM

Nerf them both. LRM's need half their buff removed, and NARC needs a less overall time of activity. With the current game, targeting a player is already silly as of how long it lasts, now it's worse. They both are compounding to make this patch bad.

I'm sure people will flame me, and that's fine, I really don't mind if people want to defend the current LRM swarm game mode, but I and many others don't find it fun at all. Maybe players feel this is balance in ton for ton etc. But the reality is, a indirect fire, fully autonomous system like this doesn't need this much of a buff. As a Cat player, preferable the C4, I always had LRM's and loved them before the patch, now I am finding them boring to use and see it completely ruining all but the sniper/poptart play style. I used to love being a support mech, now I'm a indirect firing damage dealer from hell. This isn't a support role, and it's not how it should be.

#36 Krinkov

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 146 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:46 PM

It sounds like nobody realizes NARC isn't a homing beacon. If you NARC a target you still need to keep it in LOS for your team to be able to hit it. You can't just NARC and hide. If you are getting hit by LRMs while NARCed the light mech is still in LOS.

#37 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:48 PM

If you NARC a target you still need to keep it in LOS for your team to be able to hit it.

Nope. NARC gives LoS to the target.

#38 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:51 PM

This has done more to nerf poptarts than any change PGI has ever made. I'm just saying they need a tiny dial back on both. Make NARC 1.5 tons, 1 slot, 10 shots/ton, maybe bring LRMs back to 160 or so. So you've got a tad more time at long range. Death to the poptart meta, kill it with fire and may its ashes be consigned to the wind.

#39 Sybreed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:03 PM

oh FFS

If they nerf NARC, they better nerf the hell out of ECM as well

View PostMischiefSC, on 23 March 2014 - 01:06 PM, said:

NARC is alright but it's terribly team dependent. Too feast/famine IMO if you're pugging. It's a lot of tonnage to gamble.

Hence I say 1.5 tons, 1 slot, 10 shots/ton ammo. You can justify it for pugs without it being a lotto ticket - just a solid performer for the weight.

Exactly, in a pug match I was in my raven narcing left and right and my team had very few LRMs. It was tonnage wasted.

#40 InRev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:18 PM

View PostKhobai, on 23 March 2014 - 12:50 PM, said:

I agree that NARC was overbuffed. NARC should not defeat ECM. That was a really stupid decision.

ECM is supposed to counter LRMs. But when ECM has so many counters that its no longer able to counter LRMs it defeats the purpose of ECM.

Which means ECM needs less counters.

False, ECM should counter NARC but not LRMs. In fact, one of the reasons LRMs are so difficult to balance properly is precisely because ECM blocks them, meaning you have to make them powerful enough to be worth it when ECM is countered, which leads to them being excessively powerful when ECM isn't in play.

Remove LRM blocking from ECM and make ECM block NARC. This way LRMs can be appropriately toned down, and useful for direct fire, and gives NARC (and thus extreme indirect fire) a check and balance.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users