11 replies to this topic

#1 dangerzone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in a F14-Tomcat

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:07 PM

Some of you may recognize that this patch looks pretty similar from an old series of BT/MW patches, but as you may imagine, they are no longer being made, so I did the next best thing. Recreate the one I liked the most in Photoshop CS6 and send the design to a patch-work company to make it into a Vinyl patch with velcro/hook and loop pre-installed on it.

I think it turned out pretty nice.
It is approximately 2.25in wide and 4in long
Posted Image

#2 VampireMoose

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23 posts
  • LocationDown South UK

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:33 PM

That sir..... Is Awesome.

Nice job !!

#3 dangerzone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 295 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:36 PM

Thank you. I am thinking of making some patch-work for mwo 'mechs. I'll keep you all posted. That particular patch above took about 5 days to design since I have college and work and mwo to make time for ;)

#4 dangerzone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 295 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:06 PM

For those wondering what the original patch looks like, here it is:

Posted Image

Note: This is of a Madcat II. Mad II's are cool and all, but I liked that design and wanted to use it's 'style' for the original Timberwolf. I think I captured the spirit of it pretty well, no?

Although, that is technically a Timberwolf III in my design. Could not find a front image of a Timberwolf I, so I went with this.

Kudos to the person to figure out which game I pulled that image of the Timberwolf from.

Edited by dangerzone, 29 March 2014 - 08:08 PM.

#5 NautilusCommand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 695 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:36 PM

It looks great, amazing, but one thing comes to mind right away. There is only one area I would say that needs improvement and it's a point of opinion. The Timber Wolf in your patch is the standard TB from the TRO, now as it stands it looks good regardless but being that this is MWO, and you are considering doing more 'mechs that are in game maybe trying to have the new one? I'd at least give Alex a ring (PM him) see if he'd be willing to draw up the same kind of view for you. If not then no harm done, right?

Edited by NautilusCommand, 29 March 2014 - 08:37 PM.

#6 dangerzone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 295 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:31 PM

View PostNautilusCommand, on 29 March 2014 - 08:36 PM, said:

It looks great, amazing, but one thing comes to mind right away. There is only one area I would say that needs improvement and it's a point of opinion. The Timber Wolf in your patch is the standard TB from the TRO, now as it stands it looks good regardless but being that this is MWO, and you are considering doing more 'mechs that are in game maybe trying to have the new one? I'd at least give Alex a ring (PM him) see if he'd be willing to draw up the same kind of view for you. If not then no harm done, right?

That's a pretty good idea to be honest. Had not thought of that. I'll have to ask him that to see what he can do.

#7 Iacov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 668 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:17 AM

that's extremely awesome!

#8 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:49 PM

View Postdangerzone, on 29 March 2014 - 08:06 PM, said:

Kudos to the person to figure out which game I pulled that image of the Timberwolf from.

Mechassault.

Posted Image

#9 NautilusCommand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 695 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

View PostFupDup, on 31 March 2014 - 12:49 PM, said:

Mechassault.

Posted Image

That game wasn't as bad as people claim it to be, and was my second BT based game I've ever played and the one that got me into big stompies. Given that it was an arcade game at best but that doesn't take away from it.

#10 dangerzone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 295 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:30 PM

View PostNautilusCommand, on 31 March 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

That game wasn't as bad as people claim it to be, and was my second BT based game I've ever played and the one that got me into big stompies. Given that it was an arcade game at best but that doesn't take away from it.

Very good! That was a rather fun game, and t_e multiplayer was good as well.

I still gotta remember to pm alex and see about getting a front shot of the mwo t-wolf.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users