Tryin To Get Back Into Mwo (Its Hard) But Wondering Somethin

3 replies to this topic

#1 Lavos

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:22 PM

i know there was some news towards the end of 2012 about mektek trying to find a company to keep the free release of Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries going, did anything ever happen with that?

i havent found anything on their site about that so asking here since i know theres been some topics about the Free Release in the past

hoping to get back into MWO sometime soon...never did get used to how it plays/feels but hopefully can change that

Edited by Lavos, 23 March 2014 - 05:38 PM.

#2 Xanilos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationIn the South Wall Cornerclub,Balmora.

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:29 PM

IIRC Smith&Tinker abandoned that and went to MWLL and now heavy gear. That free release is still out there. (can't remember quite where ATM)

Edited by Xanilos, 23 March 2014 - 05:34 PM.

#3 Lavos

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:41 PM

its out there..but not offically since its no longer on the mektek site...and most places you can get it arent updated at all..usually torrents with the game, client and a few of the very first patches

i have a copy of the game thats only missing maybe a handful of the last updates ever done to it...just wondering if mektek ever was able to find a taker for the project

they did say in late 2012 that if they couldd find a taker that we migth see the MekPak 4 update...since almost all the coding was done and it only needed artwork for the models/etc

but due to what happened they never were able to finish it themselves

so thats all im asking, is did Mektek ever make any news posts saying "we got someone to carry on the torch!" since thats the last i heard is that they were about to start looking...but its been over a year since then and havent heard anything but also havent REALLY been looking either

also SMith and Tinker didnt abandon it...they went bankrupt, hence the whole 2010 Mechwarrior 1 Reboot game got canned and eventually taken up by Pirhana Games and turned into this

soon as they went bankrupt mektek ran into alot of issues since Microsoft only allowed them to use the engine because Smith and Tinker was there as a mediator between the 2 parties...took a lengthy legal battle before Mektek could even make the free release cus Microsoft didnt want to let them

Edited by Lavos, 23 March 2014 - 05:45 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users