#21 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:06 PM

View Postvectorpirate, on 25 March 2014 - 10:25 AM, said:

I agree with most everybody that the 3L is best for NARC, but I am also thinking about trying it on a Dragon. Dragons don't tend to draw too much aggro because nobody likes them and they have that spare missile hardpoint in the CT that almost never gets used. Here's my first shot at theorycrafting one:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...7f0fb964f98b5af

AC2 for some long range damage, MGs to make the lights afraid for their legs, and ERPPC because ERPPC.

View Postsolar levitas, on 25 March 2014 - 06:24 PM, said:

I'm digging this idea, but I think you may want a bit more consistent firepower in a mech as fragile as the Dragon. So this is my take on your idea:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...51bbe7ca5db4ab4

Rather than going in a couple directions, this attempts to do one thing really well: kill everything heavier than it brutally and efficiently. 3xAC2 is scary fast damage, and the narc might synergize nicely with the firepower you have. It's a tad faster than your build, but the XL requires you to be careful not to end up in anyone's crosshairs.

If you're worried about light harrassment, dropping an AC2 and putting some armor in the energy arm with a pair of MLas might work out, and that'd give you enough tonnage to throw another couple heat sinks on there if you drop ferro-fibrous and some AC2 ammo.

Love this idea as yes dragons are usually ignored when there are more threatening targets to shoot at.

On the dragon idea why not a hero dragon to maximize the income? If anyone reading owns a flame that is.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ac42f020ee97818

Edited by MonkeyCheese, 22 June 2014 - 06:07 PM.

#22 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:46 PM

View PostBuckminster, on 21 May 2014 - 05:43 PM, said:

I present the NARCust.

This wasn't intended as a serious NARC build, as much as a "I need to do something different with my Locust" build. It's a bit light on NARC ammo at only one ton, but I feel that the AMS is necessary to help keep missiles off your back while you are zipping in to deliver your NARC, and the ML is needed to keep you from being completely useless.

Try it on the 1M, you just need another ton for the second ML, could use a 180XL to get half that then drop armor from 1 arm.
I also find it better to put Locust ammo for arm weapons in the arm.

#23 Wraith 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:02 PM

View Postsolar levitas, on 23 March 2014 - 09:21 PM, said:

Also, it's imperative that a good NARC vehicle can maintain line of sight to the NARC'd target...

Why is that? I thought that was the entire point of NARC over TAG, it works without LOS.

The most success I've had with NARC was doing hit-and-run with a maxengine Commando.

I'm not a great spotter, (Never tried too hard to be one, I'd much rather be murdering the enemy support. Also, never enough LRM boats on my team.) but I guess that's why I have to ask.

#24 levitas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 264 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:22 PM

This was true when NARC did not provide targetting info unless someone had LOS. Now NARC really is fire and forget.

For fun, I revisited the build in the first post today and threw advanced narc on it. It's rock solid, especially with how many LRMs you tend to see in the solo queue now.

Even without LRMs on your team, you get tracking info on a mech for 30 seconds for whatever you see as the biggest threat, and can encourage your team to focus fire or point out stranded mechs much more easily.

#25 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:38 AM

Nothing wrong with RVN 3L, actually it's outstanding as a NARC boat, but try JNR K with 4MLas + NARC + 300XL:

Modules:
Seismics.
Radar Deprivation.
360º Target Lock
If mastered: Arty or whatever you prefer.

Plays different to Raven, while Raven generally tries to flank foes and NARC and spot from the sides, this jenner should stay with the brawlers and pop out to fire lasers and NARC in the first line (do so while a heavy or assault of your team does it too), when the real fight starts you just wade in full speed shoting at everything that moves (and isn't blue!!) while NARCING and spoting, a very effective build specially when you NARC other lights with ECM (evil laugh)

Edited by Brizna, 17 July 2014 - 12:38 AM.

#26 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:50 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...6a4bdd14402af3d

Umbrella-Narc Kitfox : one of my favorite fox.

Narc + 2tons of munitions
ECM + Triple AMS
2 x JJ
Backup weapons : 2 x Med Pulse Laser + 2 x Mach Guns

Pretty efficient if you have LRM boats in your premade. But the slow speed is complicating if you want to Narc the ennemies from behind.

#27 beerandasmoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:03 PM

Narc mechs should have a list of priorities in this order as far as im concerned

1. Removing enemy ECM coverage allowing your boats to service targets and you to be able to NARC effectively.
2. Narcing enemy assualts and heavies for boats to service.
3. Narcing and engaging enemy scouts or harrassers allowing friendlies to be aware of their movements.
4. Narcing isolated mechs making their whereabouts known so your team can converge and focus fire.

Ive got all of the lights and the only one ive found that can do all of these effectively and survive is the Jenner K. High speed, jumpjets, low profile, and most importantly location of the narc (above cockpit). Being able to achieve goal number 1 is a gamewinning tactic that the jenner excels at. I think of it as attempting to penetrate an enemy fleet to get at the aircraft carrier in a sub. Its dangerous as hell because you have to do it early and you have to be on your toes because one mistake and your toast. Raven with its large profile and no jumpjets just cant penetrate an enemy deathball and survive. Jenner K can and if your good enough you can even get out alive.

#28 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,220 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:28 PM

beerandasmoke,
Yes, your priorities look good to me. I enjoy running my Wolverine 6K with a Narc.

[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...bde831d0b111a5f[/smurfy]

Edited by Gorgo7, 05 August 2014 - 05:28 PM.

#29 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:12 AM

commandos work quite well as Narc boats though I'm having fun in a kitfox with narc + LRMs (same in my GB)

View PostMonkeyCheese, on 22 June 2014 - 06:06 PM, said:

Love this idea as yes dragons are usually ignored when there are more threatening targets to shoot at.

On the dragon idea why not a hero dragon to maximize the income? If anyone reading owns a flame that is.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ac42f020ee97818

because Dragons are the worst mech in the game....

#30 Just wanna play

• 1,520 posts
  • LocationInside the Womb of a Great Turtle

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:29 AM

I say stock 5M, just fire the narc with the dual srm6s, also, SILENCE BIG BACON DRAGONS ROCK :lol: 296 average dmg per match, 1.41 w/l and 1.51 k/d is pretty good id say after 184 matches for a mech i never owned. Id say locust is easily worse

Edited by Just wanna play, 19 August 2014 - 09:33 AM.

#31 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:37 AM

View Postsolar levitas, on 16 July 2014 - 08:22 PM, said:

Even without LRMs on your team, you get tracking info on a mech for 30 seconds for whatever you see as the biggest threat, and can encourage your team to focus fire or point out stranded mechs much more easily.

This is largely how I use it (on top of the Wrath-of-Lurm which happens in solo matches): it's incredibly useful to see where that particular mech is going. I use UAV the same way - less as an LRM boost, and more of a "tattler" to show the enemy's strategy early in the game.

Even in PUG drops, that kind of info when the two teams are first bumping into each other is a game-changer, more often than not.

#32 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:47 AM

yea, I think too many players think Narc is just for LRMs and therefore discount it as something useful to have and that is furthest from the truth.

only wish it would more reliably give you bonuses as I swear it only give the bonus when LRMs hit it and not when someone else does. it should give bonuses all the time.

View PostJust wanna play, on 19 August 2014 - 09:29 AM, said:

I say stock 5M, just fire the narc with the dual srm6s, also, SILENCE BIG BACON DRAGONS ROCK B) 296 average dmg per match, 1.41 w/l and 1.51 k/d is pretty good id say after 184 matches for a mech i never owned. Id say locust is easily worse

I have two dragons....and they suck :lol:

#33 Just wanna play

• 1,520 posts
  • LocationInside the Womb of a Great Turtle

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:53 AM

Its one of my best mechs, i run the trial build, 2 lls 1 guass xl 300, versatile, fast, decent armor, nothing at all wrong with her, also in its defense pgis armor system prevents it from being able to carry its stock armor, hence the .43 spare tons it has stock in this game

Edited by Just wanna play, 19 August 2014 - 09:57 AM.

#34 William Slayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 375 posts
  • LocationSchools out at the Coventry Academy...

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:25 AM

View Postbeerandasmoke, on 21 July 2014 - 04:03 PM, said:

Narc mechs should have a list of priorities in this order as far as im concerned

1. Removing enemy ECM coverage allowing your boats to service targets and you to be able to NARC effectively.
2. Narcing enemy assualts and heavies for boats to service.
3. Narcing and engaging enemy scouts or harrassers allowing friendlies to be aware of their movements.
4. Narcing isolated mechs making their whereabouts known so your team can converge and focus fire.

Ive got all of the lights and the only one ive found that can do all of these effectively and survive is the Jenner K. High speed, jumpjets, low profile, and most importantly location of the narc (above cockpit). Being able to achieve goal number 1 is a gamewinning tactic that the jenner excels at. I think of it as attempting to penetrate an enemy fleet to get at the aircraft carrier in a sub. Its dangerous as hell because you have to do it early and you have to be on your toes because one mistake and your toast. Raven with its large profile and no jumpjets just cant penetrate an enemy deathball and survive. Jenner K can and if your good enough you can even get out alive.

Been trying (and dying <_< ) to get the Jenner NARC to work for me. I love the idea of narcing up a mech for "melting", but am getting frustrated with the number of ECM lights that render the NARC ineffective. Have you guys got a few tips or strategies that help you get more effectiveness from your NARC?

#35 Fire and Salt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:23 PM

Most effective Narc mech... hmmm

Raven-3L because of fast + ECM
Jenner K or D because of fast + JJ
Spider Hero because of fast + JJ
Kitfox because of JJ + ECM

Speed, Jumpjets and ECM combine to create the ultimate NARC mech. Pick 2 out of 3.

View PostWilliam Slayer, on 05 September 2014 - 12:25 AM, said:

Been trying (and dying <_< ) to get the Jenner NARC to work for me. I love the idea of narcing up a mech for "melting", but am getting frustrated with the number of ECM lights that render the NARC ineffective. Have you guys got a few tips or strategies that help you get more effectiveness from your NARC?

•Narc the ECM mech.
•Narc multiple targets at once to make it difficult for the ECM mech(s) to cover them all.

#36 levitas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 264 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:38 AM

I think I've found the best narc mech.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b73b9b08d40733d

It's scary fast for having a ~40 damage alpha.
It has range: a longer range narc and longer range lasers
It's heat efficient at 40%

Stormcrows are currently the best mech to take on a given drop if you're looking at W/L ratio, as seen in this analysis https://mwomercs.com...s-with-science/
search the page for this text to confirm: THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE! ALL matches:

#37 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 02:00 PM

RAven 3L

Narc + 3ml + 280XL + SRM4 + ECM

Fantastic support mech.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2775be07cfd8c0d

Edited by Bigbacon, 28 September 2014 - 02:03 PM.

#38 ThunderKats

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 04:28 PM

I ♥ narcs...Posted Image Raven might not be the favorite for some, but you have all this things:
+10% cooldown on missiles
+10% speed on missiles
+Good 146.8km/h speed (max engine)
+15 sec time boost on the narc (almost a minute of narc duration if +narc module)
+100m range boost (most needed if you are inner sphere)
+ECM
+extreme high mounted on the arms to narc birds and ants...
-no Jumpjets
-low dps (still I manage 200-400dmg anyways)

-Some mechs can do better at the expense of some of the positives, but still I beleave Raven is da best for that job (Inners sphere mechs) Posted Image
-Getting the module will change narc speed so take that in mind when practicing your aiming later.
-Someday I might make a video to help new players on how to narc, but is more than skills, you need tons of experience to know all maps and how to aboid missing those shots.

My build:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d98e51e4345703f
A good way to practice narcing;
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1829ac1a3ea8aea

PD: 2 tons is enough, but if you miss shots or are smart to aboid been kill easy you will need them at the end of every match. Also for clan mechs kit-fox looks very cool, also shadowcat, but most people trust on jenners to do the job I guess.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image meo7w

Edited by ThunderKats, 30 August 2016 - 04:29 PM.

#39 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 31 August 2016 - 11:38 AM

Holy necroposts, Batman!

As for NARC, I've found my Mist Lynx works well as a NARCer, and my Summoner with its SMN-B left torso tweaks (50m extra range and 10 seconds extra duration for NARC) works well with 2xLRM15 (or more) to tag my own targets.

#40 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:14 PM

Ya know, some folk just make new threads. But since your so interested in Narc builds, I offer The Narclander Haven't really used it since the gauss nerf.

~Leone.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users