New Take On Lrm Balance

3 replies to this topic

#1 Xeven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:06 AM

Remove the short range limit on LRM and instead make them less accurate when fired at short range. This will allow LRM equipped Mechs to brawl too, and be a long range support. Reduce the damage.

Reduce the Mech shake and visual crap by 2/3rds as that is worse than most anything. If a One damage missile can nearly knock my Mech over and blind me for 6 seconds then an AC 20 should put me on my back and destroy my vision completely.

Doing this will make LRM more fun so Mechs with many of them can Brawl and make them the support role they should be at long Rage.

Also me SSRM more accurate but lil less damage.

#2 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:04 PM

the point of them being "Long Range" is that they are suppose to be support weapons only and everyone else is suppose to brawl and defend them while they do their support role.

Pick one or the other.

#3 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,715 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:45 PM

View PostBigbacon, on 23 March 2014 - 12:04 PM, said:

the point of them being "Long Range" is that they are suppose to be support weapons only and everyone else is suppose to brawl and defend them while they do their support role.

Pick one or the other.

This man gets it.

#4 Duke Hector

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 302 posts
  • LocationNistus

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:00 PM

View PostBigbacon, on 23 March 2014 - 12:04 PM, said:

Pick one or the other.

couldn't have said it better myself... if you want to use short range missles you have 4 choices....

SRM 2s/4s/6s and Streak SRM2s

those are your choices, if you don't like it... then tough

Edited by Dan the Ice Man, 23 March 2014 - 09:02 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users