Bigger And More Maps

3 replies to this topic

#1 The Lonegopher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 173 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:06 AM

So we've got 29 mechs, the whole clan package coming and more is mechs coming also. I hear everyone complaing about meta, community warfare blah blah blah blah blah. And we have 13 maps. As a continuning paying member that hopes to one day get something he wants out of this game, i'd love to see a bigger map. Something to spice things up. Actually I lied I want 2 things, more maps and bigger maps. By making a map say 5 times the size of your current maps, you could instanty basically make a new game. But then I see the excuses and "reasons" you won't do it. You want to make a "pretty" and non flawed map. So we need sparkly little maps. Choke. I bring MPBT maps into play. Large, random generated, fun and I didn't care about fidelity of the crap around, just big stompy mechs that offered new tactical ways of fighting. But its not what "you" want, you've stated it yourselves, it's what a customer wants. Plus a large map makes it a team game, also what you don't want. Because your target audience is the clicky fast needs more sugar crowd. It's what you design the game stats to point to, because by God, there aren't 40 or 50 people in my CLAN, that love team play. A map 5 times the size requires team play. WHat we, the paying client would enjoy immensely, because as you state and we know, playing together as a group is overpowered. But that's what it's supposed to be. You find the biggest baddest men/women in the game and you dominate, because you've got that special skill no one seems to have these days, social skills. That's why I come to play a game. If I didn't want to play with people I'd play single player everything.This is multiplayer and you try and take that away from us. Granted I know I've staryed from topic, but it's inherant to the problem I see with you as the people who are making the game I want to play. Since I started playing multiplayer games in 1996 when I was 16, I've always looked to group up with players. WHen I want to solo I do. But you guys seem hell bent on taking that away from me. Make a map 5 times the size, then people have to (not be forced by some 3 rule) take lights mediums heavies and maybe no more than a lance of assaults. You won't get stuck with a team that has all lrms, or all jump snipers, or all of just one thing. You've made the game to contained, people don't want to explore or have the need to. Shoot give me a map 10 times the size of the current and I'll spend an hour in match and it'll be the happiest ever because it'll be nail biting. Is my lance of 4 scout mechs gona run into all 12 of them. This isn't a post to start up and arguement with other users. It's a post to PGI that says I want bigger maps and more. So please, make a bigger map, amke more, and I'll throw 240 dollars at your clan pack and whatever else you want us to by. But give me something out of this product I want.

#2 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:57 AM

I would also like larger maps, but any larger I am afraid is not cost efficient.

Last I heard (or can recall) was one of the maps was a quarter of a million dollars to make.

We can hope though. :)

#3 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:12 AM

I would also like to see a few more maps, and although I don't know how much it costs to make a map, I have one suggestion for one map which might be easier to produce since the basic programming is already their. Forest Colony Foggy Morning. All they would have to do is copy the base map and add mist to their air to limit vision to say around 400 meters, and bang, one more map.
Yes I also would like to see a few larger maps. While I know it takes time for them to make a map also, I think that my idea for Forest Colony Foggy Morning could easily be produced and out fairly quickly. They had a mist on one map, which they also deleted because it made things worse for that particular battleground, however, one map variant with heavy fog for Forest Colony could be a place to start for at least one fast fit into the game.
However I would also like to say that you need balance, a few small maps, mediums, as well as large, as well as perhaps one or two gigantic maps with an entire city off to either side of the map with terrain seperating the towns. It is possible.

#4 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:54 AM

I want more big maps too. Alpine Peaks is the absolute minimum size i think. But that map has huge open areas.
A huge map with terrainstyle like Canyon Network would be cool. A couple of building clusters here and there. Voila. Perfect.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users