Are Narcs Buggy?

No replies to this topic

#1 Roadkill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:02 AM

Spent some time this weekend playing a Raven with an actual NARC equipped. Figured I'd test out the buff it's been given while there are LRMs flying around everywhere.

Had a terrible time hitting with them. My hit rate is something like 25%. In one match, I fired 10 NARC missiles AT STATIONARY TARGETS and only recorded a single hit.

1. No really, the targets were stationary.
2. Targets were all well within range. I'm aware that NARC missiles are very slow, so I see very little point in trying to fire at a target that's more than 250-300 meters away.
3. I only rarely saw the missile. Most of the time I'd hear it fire, but would never actually see the missile fly off. (And when I did see it, I swear it looked more like a very slow gauss slug than a missile.)
4. In one game I tried to pay close attention to the "NARC signal" that shows up on a target when they've been hit by a beacon. I saw the signal on 3 Mechs that I shot at, but after the game the stats claimed that I only hit once.

What's going on? Are NARCs just incredibly difficult to use, or is there some minimum range I'm not aware of? Or do they all have built-in missile doors that cause them to fire later than you're expecting?

Very puzzled.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users