- - - - -

Patch 1/1 Stops Halfway

8 replies to this topic

#1 SkylordAndy

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

when i download the newest mechwarrior patch it downloads halfway and then just stops. Ive been to this forum http://mwomercs.com/...86-patch-stuck/ and this forum https://mwomercs.com...patching-stage/ and followed what they said and went to the bin to delete the files. But when i went to the bin after doing what they told me the files i was supposed to delete weren't there.

the only files that were there was a file that says Patcherlogs, another file that says bdiff_utils.dll, one that says BootstrapSentinal, another that says license, then there is the mechwarrior launcher, then there's one that says MWOPatcher.cfg, then theres the real mechwarrior patcher,
then theres something that says Patchbot.cfg, then there are two files that say patcher_version.dll and PatchTarget.dll

so out of all these files, why are the ones im supposed to delete not there and how am i supposed to fix this to make my launcher work?

#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:38 AM

The patcher log actually should contain the details of why your patch process failed. Open that up and have a look, and send it to support@mwomercs.com

#3 SkylordAndy

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:01 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 11 August 2013 - 09:38 AM, said:

The patcher log actually should contain the details of why your patch process failed. Open that up and have a look, and send it to support@mwomercs.com

okay but where do i find the patcher log?

#4 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:21 AM

View PostSkylordAndy, on 11 August 2013 - 09:04 AM, said:

the only files that were there was a file that says Patcherlogs

bin32/patcherlogs

#5 SkylordAndy

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 11 August 2013 - 10:21 AM, said:

bin32/patcherlogs

So which log should i post? The bootstrap patcher or the frontend patcher?

#6 Ramshackle Knight

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:34 PM

I'm having the same problem he is. None of the files I was told to delete are there. This is a full year later and it's having the same problems. What's going on?

#7 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:10 PM

Have you guys tried the repair tool either? Maybe it'll fix things, but possibly not. Contact support as mentioned will help as well.

#8 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:40 AM

Sometimes being patient helps. I've found the MWO patch progress bar to be completely unreliable. At the start it shows as if it's actually doing something and then at about a half or a third bar of progress it tends to stop. But it is actually still progressing!

Same with the 'finalizing patch' phase. I just let MWO do its thing (Which for large patches has taken up to an hour to finalize) and in the meantime go and do other stuff, periodically peeking in if the patcher has finished already.

#9 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:46 AM

If you have not patched MWO in a couple of months, just uninstall and reinstall it. The patcher and repair tool get all confused by so many fixes. If that does not help, contact support.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users