Where's The C-Bills?

9 replies to this topic

Poll: Where's the C-bills? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you believe you should receive more C-bills per kill?

1. Yes (8 votes [66.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. No (4 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ArtimusClydeFrong1

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:19 PM

Posted Image

#2 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:31 PM

I can't vote on either one. I make a lot of assists and few kills.
I would like the rewards per point of damage to be much higher instead.

It's pretty logical when you think about it. You can get an assist by firing a medium laser or two once.
You can get a kill almost as easy. A shot to a cherry red CT. Hiting ammunition and making it go boom.

But damage is something you have to work for.

#3 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:36 PM

I do not think so, team mates do heavy friendly fire to score kills as is.

#4 SpiralFace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:37 PM

Its been common knowledge for a bit now that you get more c-bills for assists then you do for "raw" kills.

But keep in mind that "raw kills" brings a few extra factors that can either bring them on par or even exceed Kill Assists:

- You get c-bills for component destruction's INCLUDING the component destruction that kills the mech.
- Savior kills and Defensive kills are some of the most profitable things you can get and these stack both with raw kills and assists.
- I might be wrong about this, but I believe that you get greater boosts to your salvage bonus' with raw kills, that makes the kills worth it.
-Raw kills give more XP then Assists, in addition to all the previous boosts.

So while you don't really get much from a "raw kill." You more then make up for it by having boosted stats on everything else. As someone going around taging people once wouldn't be able to get those 9 component destruction you have that would have seen a bigger boost then just a large amount of assists that did nothing but strip armor.

#5 ArtimusClydeFrong1

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:53 PM

What im saying here is that it isnt easy to accumulate 6 kills in one match and the c-bill per kill should reflect as such. I wouldn't suggest an increase in c-bills for single kills, but perhaps a progressive kill bonus if you have 4+ kills. This would reward players who manage deal the death blow most effectively.

Edited by ArtimusClydeFrong1, 24 March 2014 - 01:53 PM.

#6 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:17 PM

View PostArtimusClydeFrong1, on 24 March 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:

What im saying here is that it isnt easy to accumulate 6 kills in one match and the c-bill per kill should reflect as such. I wouldn't suggest an increase in c-bills for single kills, but perhaps a progressive kill bonus if you have 4+ kills. This would reward players who manage deal the death blow most effectively.

That's a decent point. But take this into concideration.

Let's say a light mech with a few lasers and SRM's works hard to strip the armor of 3 big mechs. He does this through the entire match.
Then an allied assault mech that has barelly done anything comes along with an AC20.
He shots his big gun a few times and gets more c-bills than the hardworking light mech.

That hardly sounds fair does it? More c-bills per point of damage i say. This rewards hard work and encourages everyone to do as much damage as possible.
If we get more c-bills with every kill there will be more of those guys that run in front of you just before you can take the final shots that would get you the kill you worked so hard for.

#7 ArtimusClydeFrong1

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:35 PM

Spleensplitta,

View PostSpleenslitta, on 24 March 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

That's a decent point. But take this into concideration.

Let's say a light mech with a few lasers and SRM's works hard to strip the armor of 3 big mechs. He does this through the entire match.
Then an allied assault mech that has barelly done anything comes along with an AC20.
He shots his big gun a few times and gets more c-bills than the hardworking light mech.

This is a very real part of the game and I would say this happens to me at least once per match and I probably even do it to another player once a match. But it goes both ways. I'm sure we have all been involved in a firefight where you go toe to toe in a brawl with another mech and a light swoops in for the kill, meanwhile your glowing red.

My point is that killing 50% of the enemy team is not easy.

Maybe we can call it "Being in the right place at the right time bonus"

#8 ArtimusClydeFrong1

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:54 PM

This round I received roughly 196,000 c-bills (this also includes premium time).

I would like to see buff to the c-bills earned to adequately reward this combination of kills/damage/assists.
Posted Image

#9 no one

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 533 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:25 PM

Quarter the assist bonus, halve the over-all damage bonus and then triple the bonus for damage done to the section or sections of a 'Mech which contributed to it's destruction. You sprayed LRMs and laser fire all over a 'Mech's front armor and then a light sneaks behind it and cores it's ct out? Tough break for you. Maybe people would learn to read the paper dolls?

#10 ArtimusClydeFrong1

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:24 PM

Damage Dealt - 701
Kills - 3
Assists - 2
Component Destruction - 9
Spotting Assist - 7

I would say this was a fairly decent well rounded match in terms of the stats.

The stats + Premium time + Mech bonus and I get a measly 137,919 c-bills!

Aren't any of you good players out there just a little bit discouraged.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users