- - - - -

Buying Mechs

11 replies to this topic

#1 MegaDeath269

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:47 AM

Hello, I am new to this game (I signed up when it was in Beta stage). So I figured I'd put the post here. I didn't really play this game a whole lot. I probably have 4-5 games in.

I want to buy a mech, but it seems that EVERY mech is NOT letting me buy a mech with C-Bills. It only lets me buy it with MC option in all of the lists.

Do I need to get the money first before it even lets me see how much it is in C-Bills, or can I only buy mechs with MC?

I click on Mech Lab, then I click on Owned Mechs. Then I click on "Buy Mech" in the Mech slot, and it brings up the screen for buying Mechs. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any info.

Edited by MegaDeath269, 23 September 2013 - 08:48 AM.

#2 Ensaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOn a frozen rock .....

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:54 AM

You won't have enough C-Bills to buy mechs yet. Get through about 20-30 matches, then you should have more than enough to buy mechs for C-Bills.

NO real cash is needed, unless you want a Hero mech, which you'll notice, have NO C-Bill price on them.

#3 scJazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:58 AM

Use the "Buy CB" button bottom left side of the screen if you want to buy a Mech using CB, otherwise use "Buy MC".

#4 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:00 AM

Are you viewing the HERO MECHS page in the mechlab? These are only available for MC.

• Click mechlab
  • click "Owned Mech"
  • Click "Buy Mech"
  • At the top right there is * L M H A (Hero, light, medium, heavy, assault). Choose one.
  • Choose a mech (choose a non-hero mech)
  • Note the yellow "Buy MC" button and orange "Buy CB" button on the bottom right.
  • Select orange "Buy CB"

#5 MegaDeath269

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:05 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 23 September 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

Are you viewing the HERO MECHS page in the mechlab? These are only available for MC.
  • Click mechlab
  • click "Owned Mech"
  • Click "Buy Mech"
  • At the top right there is * L M H A (Hero, light, medium, heavy, assault). Choose one.
  • Choose a mech (choose a non-hero mech)
  • Note the yellow "Buy MC" button and orange "Buy CB" button on the bottom right.
  • Select orange "Buy CB"

I picked "Heavy Chassis" to look through them...All of the Mechs say "NA" (Yet it says how much it is in MC). next to how much it is in Cbills. I just want to know how much they cost in CBills, yet none of them say how much they are. That was what I was trying to say.

Edit: Okay. Weird. Now it's telling me how much it is. It wasn't before...very odd.

Edited by MegaDeath269, 23 September 2013 - 09:08 AM.

#6 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:08 AM

The amount of C-bills and MC should be listed in the bottom right corner of the panel the Mech is in. Unless they changed something.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 23 September 2013 - 09:08 AM.

#7 Swords to Plowshares

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:09 AM

Are you making sure to scroll down the list all the way? The Hero and Champion mechs are listed at the top, and are only available for MC. Scroll down further to see the c-bill purchasable mechs.

#8 MegaDeath269

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:11 AM

View PostJohn Neil, on 23 September 2013 - 09:09 AM, said:

Are you making sure to scroll down the list all the way? The Hero and Champion mechs are listed at the top, and are only available for MC. Scroll down further to see the c-bill purchasable mechs.

Yes, I was. And none of them were saying how much it was. Then all of a sudden, I go look again, and then it tells me how much. Strange bug.

#9 Whoops

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 83 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:55 PM

Finally scraped enough together to get my 3rd Jenner variant. Went into the 'Mech Lab and clicked on the buy button...and it tells me I don't have enough MC and do I want to spend C-bills on it. Is there a mechanic in there that will automatically deduct MC if I click the buy button?

I am thinking of getting some MC for 'Mech bays and such, but don't want to waste them buying 'Mechs I can get with C-bills.

#10 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:01 PM

Got some screenshots for you.
First... Do not use the buy mech or the store buttons. Don't know about buy mech. But the store button is incomplete and is missing a lot of functionality.

Instead click Mechlab. Then filter Owned to Purchasable.
Posted Image

I found a mech I could afford either way.
Posted Image

The game gives me the choice.
Posted Image
If I cannot afford it for it will take away the option. If I cannot afford it for it will take away the option. If I cannot do either, it will tell me I "cannot afford this mech."

Now some screenshots of frequently recommended new player mechs from the medium and heavy categories.
Spoiler

Edited by Koniving, 24 March 2014 - 02:04 PM.

#11 Whoops

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 83 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:32 PM

Thanks, Koniving! Unfortunately...that's how I was purchasing it. Those radio checkboxes didn't pop up, instead I got an instant message saying I didn't have enough MC and would I like to buy it with C-Bills. Perhaps you only get those boxes if you have said MC?

#12 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:39 PM

View PostCyron Zarva, on 24 March 2014 - 02:32 PM, said:

Perhaps you only get those boxes if you have said MC?

Exactly. As said under the picture "If I cannot afford it with it will take the option away." And the same for cbills for the ones I could buy with MC but not with cbills.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users